Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Racial Skills?

MousePVPMousePVP calgary, ABPosts: 4Member
I couldn't find it any where, my question is will there be Racial Skills in the game? If so, can someone provide information on each Race and their racial bonuses? Or/and the sorce of confirmation that 100% positive racial skills will be in the game. Please and thank you

Comments

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 LondonPosts: 636Member

I hope the racials are like the TES games - but better balanced for PvP.

• immodiumimmodium ManchesterPosts: 1,579Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

I hope the racials are like the TES games - but better balanced for PvP.

I love the Khajiit's Night Eye ability. I'm guessing it would need to be nerfed for PvP as it would be OP in night battles.

Night is never a problem in TES games when Kahjiit.

• MousePVPMousePVP calgary, ABPosts: 4Member

ahaha, yeah so far no solid information yet about racials, gawd the hype for this game is insane I can't wait - really excited!

I usually decide of what race to roll depending on the racial bonuses, I perfer playing heavy tanks so I assume Orcs will suit that role :P  anyways, if anyone does find more information about racials please let us know ^_^

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,618Member Uncommon

Nice to see that there's an inkling of an understanding that going from single player to MMO some changes are necessary as a couple noted above with respect to racial abilities and PVP balancing.

Keep that up and this forum might turn into a good place to discuss the game.

Me? I hope they can manage to balance things while still making the races distinct. Nothing I hate more is games where there are 20 different races but they're all just basically skins. Even WOW itself in the beginning had much more distinction. Now it makes absolutely no difference.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Detroit, MIPosts: 376Member
    Unique racials are a must for me. I fully expect them to be in ESO.
  • ZandilZandil templestowePosts: 234Member Uncommon

Racial skills are very hard to balance in a MMO, we have seen it before time and time again. 

My opinion would be no racial skills but have racial stats so a Nord gets that bit extra 2H skill etc

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek LisboaPosts: 244Member Uncommon
    the night eye isnt really an issue... I wouldnt find it "unbalanced"... the night vision itself sometimes does more harm than good due to those high contrasts and blurs... now... something like the wood elves having 50% resistance to poison and diseases.. now THATS op! lol

• rygard49rygard49 Huntington Beach, CAPosts: 975Member Common
    Originally posted by MyBoot

Racial skills are very hard to balance in a MMO, we have seen it before time and time again. 

My opinion would be no racial skills but have racial stats so a Nord gets that bit extra 2H skill etc

I'd support just racial stats, or increased weapon proficiency depending on race. Seems like the fairest way to do it. Once you get in to race specific powers, that's where the balancing act becomes nearly unmanageable.