Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sound like a hack?

2»

Comments

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by pinktailz
    Originally posted by timtrack
    Originally posted by dzones
    Originally posted by aesperus

"Naming Policy-Conduct Breaches and Outcomes"

What did you name your character?

Voodieu

And the other one?

Other one was F**********3

ROFL I almost fell for that.

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Ok so today I got my resolution email after about 4 back and forth emails. Quizzical was close in his response. Anet was having issue with my payment for some reason and blocked the account. While they do not go into why they felt their was possible unauthorized activity with the credit card, they have had that amount of money charged on my card since last Friday. Essentially what they say below is that the ban was in error and they are going to not bill be for the game (I assume this means a refund, however long that will take to reflect on my account)

Here is their final response on the matter:

This game account was temporarily blocked by our billing system due to possible unauthorized credit card activity. I have reviewed this Guild Wars 2 game account and have determined that there is no cause for this account to be blocked for this reason. As a result of this temporary block, the recent transaction was voided and not billed to the credit card on file and the serial code was disabled.

At this time, the game account has been released and is now available to have a new serial code applied to it

I have used this same card many times for many purchases over the past year without incident until now.

I am glad it was no fault of mine, nor was I hacked but I just wish this company would invest in a phone support system for faster resolution of issues like this.

Now to decide if I want to purchase the game again.

Thanks for all the responders.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by dzones

Ok so today I got my resolution email after about 4 back and forth emails. Quizzical was close in his response. Anet was having issue with my payment for some reason and blocked the account. While they do not go into why they felt their was possible unauthorized activity with the credit card, they have had that amount of money charged on my card since last Friday. Essentially what they say below is that the ban was in error and they are going to not bill be for the game (I assume this means a refund, however long that will take to reflect on my account)

Here is their final response on the matter:

This game account was temporarily blocked by our billing system due to possible unauthorized credit card activity. I have reviewed this Guild Wars 2 game account and have determined that there is no cause for this account to be blocked for this reason. As a result of this temporary block, the recent transaction was voided and not billed to the credit card on file and the serial code was disabled.

At this time, the game account has been released and is now available to have a new serial code applied to it

I have used this same card many times for many purchases over the past year without incident until now.

I am glad it was no fault of mine, nor was I hacked but I just wish this company would invest in a phone support system for faster resolution of issues like this.

Now to decide if I want to purchase the game again.

Thanks for all the responders.

Well that's a bit strange, but at least you got the problem resolved.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.