Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

So isnt Roles the same as Classes?

MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon

https://cs.darkfallonline.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/24/0/actiongui-modes

reading this article from another thread, I would like to ask. Isnt this the same as classes in traditional MMO?

if so, what happen to the skill system

and can we still mix and match skills?

if so how does that work?

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member

Classes that you can switch at any time with a small cooldown.

Down see how  the article has to do with the classes question...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• psykobillypsykobilly NYC, NYPosts: 338Member
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

https://cs.darkfallonline.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/24/0/actiongui-modes

reading this article from another thread, I would like to ask. Isnt this the same as classes in traditional MMO?

if so, what happen to the skill system

and can we still mix and match skills?

if so how does that work?

Yes it's classes.  Your melee weapon skills, and your bow skill, goes with you to every role.

There is also a common skill pool like transfers, break fall, unburden, disable blow/shot that go with you to every role.

There aren't very many skills in DFUW.

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

Yes it is basically classes..

They went from a free form system wehre you could make any character you wanted to a very restricted class system..

• asdarasdar Tequesta, FLPosts: 662Member Common

Originally posted by Caldrin
    Yes it is basically classes..They went from a free form system wehre you could make any character you wanted to a very restricted class system..

It's more restricted than Darkfall, but less than almost any other MMO. I'm hoping it will lead to teamwork over full out attack, but I'm up in the air on whether I think it's a good idea.

It's a small concession toward mainstream to have classes, but you're still able to play the way you want and aren't locked into one class for the life of your character.

Asdar

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG MelbournePosts: 1,133Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

That why they call it Roles not Classes.

Roles by word definition is a trade that you can change, classes cannot.or either maybe able to but still would not change  the name of it (ie. stigmatized).

• -Zeno--Zeno- Zion, TNPosts: 1,298Member Common
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

QFT

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Zion, TNPosts: 1,298Member Common
    Yes and no.  Being able to switch from one class to another is something you really dont see in other game.s

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.