Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch, Server, Backbone, Guesting - what is it?

DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Since the last patch the game has become somewhat unplayable. At first it was only the dragon events and we blamed the guests for the unbearable lag. Imagine your high pop server during meta events and then people from other servers join in too. Lagspikes that will last up to a minute and constant dcing seems already normal now.

What bugs me is that this also influences normal dungeon raiding now. The whole group will have slight lag and one of us (always someone different) will have major lagspikes that will result in a dc.

The funny thing is, while everything is frozen, the chat still works normal with just a slight delay.

So what is this? Is my server (Far Shiverpeaks) too high pop and the server can't handle it anymore? Does the guesting influence its performance? Did the last patch do something to the stability? 

Do me a favor and don't go claiming it's my PC. I have been playing the game since day one and I never had any issues like this on any meta or wvw event despite using max gfx settings.

Harbinger of Fools

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    haven't really had any issues in SoR ill ask around if anyone else has though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Since the last patch the game has become somewhat unplayable. At first it was only the dragon events and we blamed the guests for the unbearable lag. Imagine your high pop server during meta events and then people from other servers join in too. Lagspikes that will last up to a minute and constant dcing seems already normal now.

What bugs me is that this also influences normal dungeon raiding now. The whole group will have slight lag and one of us (always someone different) will have major lagspikes that will result in a dc.

The funny thing is, while everything is frozen, the chat still works normal with just a slight delay.

So what is this? Is my server (Far Shiverpeaks) too high pop and the server can't handle it anymore? Does the guesting influence its performance? Did the last patch do something to the stability? 

Do me a favor and don't go claiming it's my PC. I have been playing the game since day one and I never had any issues like this on any meta or wvw event despite using max gfx settings.

no its not ur pc its not ur net.

Anet have stated the awearnec of the problome, they said they are working on fixing it but didnt gave a time frame.

my expireance with is the following:

1- i think it started with guesting patch, i can see everone moving i can write but sadly not anything else.

2- got better after a small patch.

3- then got unplayable.

4- guild missions patch, still not that playable.

5- first march patch:this was great as i played the game and it was realy good.

now the problome still exist but its not that bad not for me atleast.

Am gona give a soluotin (but plz take the solution and dont falme :) )

use this:

http://pingzapper.com/ its was know as WoW tunnles

free trail Disconnect every 1 hour

Did solve the problome

now as i said Before Anet wokring on a soloution, but it will take Time

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by rafalex007

Did solve the problome

Thank you man. Though I fear that does not solve my problem. I can deal with the insane lag during dragon events .. dcs? well fine then I miss out on loot. That happens.

But going into a dungeon and dc every hour will still harm my team.

Harbinger of Fools
  • rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by rafalex007

Did solve the problome

Thank you man. Though I fear that does not solve my problem. I can deal with the insane lag during dragon events .. dcs? well fine then I miss out on loot. That happens.

But going into a dungeon and dc every hour will still harm my team.

u can always sub becoz it improve ping and FPS alot

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Didnt have any problems whatsoever ouside of big chest events/WvWvW cluster**** with 3 zergs.

Its not that unusual that certain servers might have some glitches.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

No problems what so ever at Tarnished Coast with the new guesting system.

It's the place to be for PVE.

:3

Originally posted by AzurePrower

No problems what so ever at Tarnished Coast with the new guesting system.

It's the place to be for PVE.

:3

Funny

I talked to a friend from Tarnished Coast yesterday and she told me all your events are unplayable.

Harbinger of Fools

Originally posted by AzurePrower No problems what so ever at Tarnished Coast with the new guesting system. It's the place to be for PVE. :3
    Funny

I talked to a friend from Tarnished Coast yesterday and she told me all your events are unplayable.

That's what they said. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M

Originally posted by AzurePrower

Originally posted by AzurePrower No problems what so ever at Tarnished Coast with the new guesting system. It's the place to be for PVE. :3
    Funny

That's what they said. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M

Yeah let me think for a moment..

A good friend who tells me her server experiences the same problems as mine...

Or a random internet guy telling me his server is flawless and the best pve server around.

I just can't decide who to belief.

Harbinger of Fools

Originally posted by AzurePrower Originally posted by Dakeru Originally posted by AzurePrower No problems what so ever at Tarnished Coast with the new guesting system. It's the place to be for PVE. :3
    Funny I talked to a friend from Tarnished Coast yesterday and she told me all your events are unplayable.
    That's what they said. ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M
    Yeah let me think for a moment..

A good friend who tells me her server experiences the same problems as mine...

Or a random internet guy telling me his server is flawless and the best pve server around.

I just can't decide who to belief.

It was tongue and cheek humour after players from Tarnished Coast constantly told people that it was the server to be in in response to the game dying. Now they have bloated servers because every one and their dog is there due to guesting.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I'm on Desolation (EU).

Outside of the big boss chest events the game runs fine.

I'm not sure what they can do to fix lag with 50-100+ ppl in the exact same spot shooting at the Shadow Behemoth or whatever.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

I'm on Desolation (EU).

I'm not sure what they can do to fix lag with 50-100+ ppl in the exact same spot shooting at the Shadow Behemoth or whatever.

Yes but as said that lag is bad and got worse after guesting. 

What bugs me is that the server connection got more unstable in general.

Randomly we are getting frequent dcs in the instances now and that really shouldn't happen.

Not all the time but when we go for a dungeon run on saturday evening and we keep dcing then that just isn't fun anymore.

Harbinger of Fools

I'm on Desolation (EU).

Randomly we are getting frequent dcs in the instances now and that really shouldn't happen.

Not all the time but when we go for a dungeon run on saturday evening and we keep dcing then that just isn't fun anymore.

If you think your server is glitching just go guesting on some low pop server and do stuff there.

Originally posted by tintilinic

I'm on Desolation (EU).

If you think your server is glitching just go guesting on some low pop server and do stuff there.

Even my American friends tell me their servers are bugged.

So where exactly should I go?

And why do me and my guild have to go to other servers just to be able to do instanced dungeons?

Harbinger of Fools
  • SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I run 3-6 dungeons a day  a few times a week without a problem.  Sorry to hear your having problems but I can't remember any person ever D/C'ing.  I doubt I am just lucky.   I have not seen the problem you are talking about.
    Originally posted by tintilinic

I'm on Desolation (EU).

Even my American friends tell me their servers are bugged.

So where exactly should I go?

And why do me and my guild have to go to other servers just to be able to do instanced dungeons?

Then dont go and experience glitches *shrug*

EU servers - no gltches and my guild does lot of dungeons/fractals on daily basis.

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104

We are experiencing the new "lag" on Fort Aspenwood too. I seem ostly when I WvW and boss fights. basically anytime you get a lot of people in a smaller area.

I never had the problems before and I have been playing since beta.

I do not see it when I use my Internet connection for any other game or application.

I do not have the problem when just doing normal PvE heart DE activity.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

I don't think its that much the guesting. I think it's because now its actually a point to do dragons so people show up. Seems like the bad lag starts when its around 100 people or so? That's not very many people if you think about the server population on each server. Guesting on a server will not grant you a second chest unless you reroll on another character.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    The chosen servers like TC or SoS is having big issues. Heck I know a lot of people from that server is being kicked to overflow causing them to miss out on dragons. Don't think ANet thought this guesting feature through.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    good to hear others having problems.  I can't even get past the world loading screen...the one time I did I couldnt see my character, but could move them...just never saw any movement other than the map at the lower right corner :P

It's gotten to the point where I can't enter Queensdale anymore cause it's full of guests, farming the Behemoth. 

But either way, as annoying as overflows tend to be now, my main problem really is that on weekends during prime times, me and my guild will get constant lag / frequent dcs while doing dungeons.

I never played more than the trial of D3 but I figure the first weeks must have been like this.

Someone link a cheap server upgrade offer to Anet, please.

PS: I tried Pingzapper and it won't let me log in.

Harbinger of Fools

It's gotten to the point where I can't enter Queensdale anymore cause it's full of guests, farming the Behemoth. 

But either way, as annoying as overflows tend to be now, my main problem really is that on weekends during prime times, me and my guild will get constant lag / frequent dcs while doing dungeons.

I never played more than the trial of D3 but I figure the first weeks must have been like this.

Someone link a cheap server upgrade offer to Anet, please.

PS: I tried Pingzapper and it won't let me log in.

1. how do you know they are guests?

2. you were offered a solution, refuse to use it, and still complain *yawn*

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    I find it funny that the so called solution by the pro gw2 crowd is to guest somewhere else. Lol

THere was a proposal to let people from that server have priority which makes sense. Not sure if it'll help against the stability of the server though

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz
    I find it funny that the so called solution by the pro gw2 crowd is to guest somewhere else. Lol

THere was a proposal to let people from that server have priority which makes sense. Not sure if it'll help against the stability of the server though

And why would it be funny pls

I find people complainig about doing instanced dungeons on another server funny

Priority in what exactly?

Originally posted by jpnz

[mod edit]

Meanwhile I would like anet to remove the guesting system and limit the boss chests to 1 char each account.

That will improve the server stability again... and the economy which is heavily influenced by the amount of rare weapons that drop.

Harbinger of Fools