Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veteran Rewards Please :)

Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

CU has me thinking of the 3 old school games I loved so much years ago and reasons I still love them and have a special place forever for those games in my mmo heart. :)

I was wondering MJ, do you plan to have Veteran rewards? Something similar to Ultima Online. I still have an account for that mmo to this day, to keep my keep, and to keep my veteran rewards coming every year, as well as special holiday gift items. I really think it would bring back even a bit of pride for those long time players as it does in Ultima Online, as you stroll through town with that special item that you could only get with a 5th year reward, or 10th year, etc. etc. It was kinda cool being able to go into town and someone wanting an item dyed a special color and providing that service for someone new for free when I could. Made my day knowing I could do something for a newcomer to the game and make their first few days memorable and enjoyable just having someone do something nice for them.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Comments

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I agree, vet rewards really make games more awesome.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• tokeshtokesh Member Posts: 35
    I would totally have kept playing WAR for 5 more years if I knew that I could have gotten a "veteran" reward...
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by tokesh
    I would totally have kept playing WAR for 5 more years if I knew that I could have gotten a "veteran" reward...

I may have stayed on longer too if they had had them. 2 things will always keep me paying, vet rewards and housing, heh.

Dark Age of Camelot

• Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156
    Should be a no-brainer in my opinion. Veteran Rewards are rarely something pushing people away from a game. Anything but that actually - it helps to keep people visiting the game at least once a while. So I´m with you here. There should be some rewards for those of us sticking to the game a year, two, three... :)

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649

As to Veteran Rewards in this game, you can count on it. As you can see from my rather intense interest in rewarding our backers, I think we should treat our veteran players in the same manner. It is our job to make a great game, keep updating it, improving it, etc. but CSE must also thank our veteran players in other ways as well and we will do that as the game evolves.

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs

As to Veteran Rewards in this game, you can count on it. As you can see from my rather intense interest in rewarding our backers, I think we should treat our veteran players in the same manner. It is our job to make a great game, keep updating it, improving it, etc. but CSE must also thank our veteran players in other ways as well and we will do that as the game evolves.

Awesome, thank you for your reply!

Dark Age of Camelot

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    This is awesome to hear! Really like both Vanguard and EQ2s vet rewards.
  • RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 577
    Big thumbs up here. Alway good to hear that those who are supportive are rewarded for it. Very cool.
  • Corinthian-XCorinthian-X Member Posts: 86

Veteran rewards are pretty sweet.

UO introduced me to the concept, and to this day its still  pretty hard to top an ethereal llama.

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162

I do not want gimmicks or "rewards" to get me to play the game. I want a solid game that was made with heart and soul of a desire to create a fun experience.  Reward us with a solid game, thats all I need or want. 

(just speaking for myself, I do not care what virtual wears I can have, I want fun memories that I can take beyond my game.)