Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback sought on Reward Tiers

Comments

• CU_now_pleaseCU_now_please Member Posts: 47

Similar to the previous ones about cloaks etc. But an item, re-useable dye type thing,  that you can use to make a standard cloak, whatever the stats, into something unique to the founders.. One each realm is all you need and as you advance through the stages of gear you can maintain a cool look

Nothing P2W, purely ooc, but if the games anything like daoc a fop style campfire would be lovely to reduce downtime and help heal up after a battle

/anon

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

-the option for bigger boobs for female toons... or male toons... whichever.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• SeitrSeitr Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by tokesh
    Just make sure your alpha/closed beta packages are on point and you won't need to worry abou tall this additional cosmetic shit.

+1

Best post in this topic!

Only other thing I agree with is some sort of statue in game recognizing the biggest backers. In game statues would last the life of the game, all this cosmetic crap doesn't mean shit. Unless it gives you a boost in game ( which I don't agree with at all ) then what's the point? So I can run around and look cool in my super duper glowing cloak?

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Tumblebutz

-the option for bigger boobs for female toons... or male toons... whichever.

Massive codpieces.

• KvalandurKvalandur Member Posts: 31
    To borrow from a recently completed KS , you could have a level that gets to name an ale and maybe suggest a logo that could go on the label.  Also have a level where the backer gets to write a brief family history for their character and that history could be worked into the lore of the game. 
  • StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Seitr
    Just make sure your alpha/closed beta packages are on point and you won't need to worry abou tall this additional cosmetic shit.

+1

Best post in this topic!

Only other thing I agree with is some sort of statue in game recognizing the biggest backers. In game statues would last the life of the game, all this cosmetic crap doesn't mean shit. Unless it gives you a boost in game ( which I don't agree with at all ) then what's the point? So I can run around and look cool in my super duper glowing cloak?

Plenty of people like to stand out, be unique. HAving unique things is what drives the entire "free to play" market, games like League of Legends and others survive on people buying cosmetic items to stan dout from the crowd.

I for one like to look unique/different theno ther people, especialy in mmo's.

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253

For higher-level backers, you should also consider giving away links to their guild sites on the official CU websites (for prestige and SEO purposes), that would be cool. You could also put a list of certain level backers on the website, so like if you dontate $50+ you get your name listed permanently on the website if you want.

Also going along with that website theme, a fan site kit for backers, that other people don't have access to, that might be pretty neat.

As far as in-game stuff is concnerned, I like the unique realm-based cloak ideas, or realm-based hats.

The ability to upload an emblem in game, that if approved, just you, or everyone in-game, would have access to. These could be emblems like the "black" ones in DAoC, but without the full guild emblem design (colors, pattern, etc).

Custom Tattoos, that people could put on their characters, (butterfly, lower-back anyone?). Maybe

AND A BOOB SLIDER! lol, j/k

Edit: I'd also like to add things like wallpaper, even go so far as a custom screensaver, (even if it was just a slideshow) would be pretty cool.

• kryllenkryllen Member UncommonPosts: 27

Titles would be a nice thing to have. Nothing special about them other than to show your dedication.

PoE did a small cosmetic pet for ingame - depending on how much you donated was the type of bird thing you got.

Other than that? who cares, just make a good game

Originally posted by kryllen

PoE did a small cosmetic pet for ingame - depending on how much you donated was the type of bird thing you got.

Oh god, no cosmetic pets please, for the love of god, please.

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105

From all the posts I read the ones I felt are the best for the KS rewards were:

Unique skins for characters, armor, weapons, recipes, and SHOPS (I love the idea about a differ skin for a shop to sale my wares in the city)

Reserving a character name per realm before launch

Lastly and the most importantly would be making sure the game is ready for launch. I would love the reward of CU launching well polished and bug/exploit free. Everything else is nothing but fluff!!

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

Agreed completely.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by Jimmac

Agreed completely.

Agreed as well... not a fan of cosmetic pets lol.

• JostleJostle Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Stonemason
    +1

Totally like this idea. I could review the list, add up the credits needed for the items/rewards I want and then donate at the appropiate tier. I cant see a down side to it. It also fits well with Mark's "choices" FP.

Yeah, it is a pretty cool way of doing things. Another great reason to do this is if there is a high demand for a new reward, or if Mark/CSE come up with a great new reward, they don't have to add a whole new tier, they can just add it to the list of available rewards. it was great when following the data hacker kickstarter because I'd have an idea in my head of what I wanted to spend my credits on and then he would come out with an update howing off a cool new reward and I'd have to re-prioritize! It helps with the excitement of backing.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Hoping beta access is one of the rewards.

Early access to release of game also. A week maybe.

• ArnfiarnunnArnfiarnunn Member UncommonPosts: 61

Here some ideas!

I will sort by participation level

First step: give us dwarves.

BASIC LEVEL BACKERS

1. digital copy the game
    2. a special craft recipe  :  like brewing a fucking awesome dwarf beer which would be able to make you fly... in your head. A raggamuffin would be nice too btw.
    3. PDF stuff  :  digital maps, strategy guide, ...
    4. a specific title  :  I really liked my "veteran" title on daoc.
    5. character name reservation

MEDIUM LEVEL BACKERS
    1. an endless beer  :  it's one of my personnal dream. If you can't do it IRL, then it would still be nice IG. Don't forget the drunk effect.
    2. TATTOS / BEARDS  :  one does not simply make a dwarf without badass beard and tattoos
    3. a postcard with the dev team for my altar
    4. invite a friend on the beta
    5. digital downloadable stuff  :  soundtrack, HD map, guitar tabs of the soundtrack, ...
    6. poster, stickers and stuff  :  yes, i like the "stuff" word
    7. 2 character name reservation
    8. special emote  :  a handshaking emote would be fun, so only the backer would be able to handshake. Other players will have to bow to the lord, like the peasants they are. *evil laught*

ADVANCED LEVEL BACKERS
    1. another digital copy
    2. invite 2 friends on the beta
    3. uploadable Guild Emblem :  I would love to have our own emblem IG
    4. Guild name reservation  :  yeah, 'cause having the badass emblem without the name would suck
    5. Guild emote  :  I'd like to see my dwarves make a military salute to their patriarch. (is it a bit too much megalomaniac?)
    6. mouse pad  :  I still have my warhammer mouse pad ;)
    7. thanks in credits
    8. VIP ACCESS on forum
    9. early beta access  :  back in times we used to call this an alpha
    10. 3 character name reservation

DWARF LEVEL BACKERS
    1. create a npc
    2. help to design an IG item  :  like a weapon, an armor or even a shrubbery
    3. invitation to come in the studio to do "stuff"  :  I won't judge you
    4. have your own statue
    5. Asterix helmet  :  just because.

Maybe you should make different package or let backer to be able to choose what they want in their categories (with a credit system?)

personnal note: pls, do not add mounts, it sucks in pvp games and use to make speed groups deprecated. Or make them as a possible component for cooking. (FINDUS did)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs

Folks,

I'm getting close to finishing off the reward tiers for the Kickstarter and I would love to hear what suggestions you guys have for in-game rewards for our backers. I've got all the usual suspects, some new ideas and overall I think our current reward tiers are quite good in terms of giving back to our supporters. Once they are complete I plan on posting them for discussion/dissection ahead of the KS. In the meantime though, if you guys want to throw some other ideas at me, I'm listening. There are a few guidelines though:

1) These should all be in-game items/rewards. I'm trying to minimize the physical rewards because not everybody wants a mousepad, keychain, etc. (plus large quantity order fulfillment is always a PITA the first few times for a new studio) so I don't want to put those type of rewards in the main tiers. There's also the fear that if we do have the order fulfillment headaches that our backers will be POed and I really don't want to start our development cycle that way.

2) None of the rewards can affect game balance in any way. Thus, no additional speed buffs, weapons, etc. but items such as special skins are acceptable.

3) Rewards can be realm/class geared.

4) Rewards can be guild based.

So, here's your opporunity to give me some feedback as to what you would like to see for reward tiers. Feel free to offer different/unique ideas even if they might take some additional work for us. Now, simpler is certainly better but I'm certainly willing to listen (especially over this weekend as I'm working on them).

And please, if the feedback starts rolling in, let's try to keep this thread on the rails without a lot of back and forth on other people's ideas. We had a great thread on what was important for players in terms of stuff you wanted to see in CU and I'd love to see this thread go the same way.

Thanks!

Mark

1:  Color pallette choices that are not normally available on the character creator
    2:  fun animations for charater death:
     Hellmouth opens up below character
     Disappears in a pUff of smoke
     arms come up from below and drag the character to hell
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP1S8i1qaaY&t=0m28s Lee Meriwether's character disappearing
     I'm melting effect
     valkyries take character away
     turns to stone then crumbles into dust
     turns to ice, falls and smashes into pieces. As in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQxvSsVQkoU&t=4m22s
    3:  musical instruments
    4:  toys

5: NPCs speak of you in public as a hero. NPC bards sing a hero of canton like song.  Statues.

6: Contest to name things within the world.  Bars/pubs, street names, etc.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

*cough* how about an opportunity to join City State ent. as an "apprentice", and learn game development from yours truely.  I would be tempted by this  =)

Have wanted to quit my dismally borring job in Architecture and get a job in game development for years.  But lack of any work history / training in the industry has always scared me away, that and being outright afraid to take the plunge.

• tokeshtokesh Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by ragz45

*cough* how about an opportunity to join City State ent. as an "apprentice", and learn game development from yours truely.  I would be tempted by this  =)

Have wanted to quit my dismally borring job in Architecture and get a job in game development for years.  But lack of any work history / training in the industry has always scared me away, that and being outright afraid to take the plunge.

are you high?

• DieediDieedi Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Arnfiarnunn

First step: give us dwarves.

Maybe you should make different package or let backer to be able to choose what want they want in their categories (with a credit system?)

If there are Dwarves, we need to have kobolds :p

The "let us choose what we want" idea could be nice.  It's a recurrent thing that there is something i don't like/need in packages so having the possibility to choose what i want in with a specific credits amount for each part could really be a nice thing.

• BenezettaBenezetta Member UncommonPosts: 94

Agreed completely.

Amen.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Benezetta

Agreed completely.

Amen.

Why? How does it affect you guys? How about some arguments?

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Arnfiarnunn

DWARF LEVEL BACKERS
    1. Asterix helmet  :  just because.

personnal note: pls, do not add mounts, it sucks in pvp games and use to make speed groups deprecated. Or make them as a possible component for cooking. (FINDUS did)

You are a cruel man. The Asterix helmet should be way cheaper :)

(I agree on the mounts)

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    Originally posted by Benezetta

Agreed completely.

Amen.

Why? How does it affect you guys? How about some arguments?

To me, it really depends on the implementation of cosmetic pets, but seeing as I dislike even seeing them in most games, when I hear about them beforehand I usually expect it to turn bad.

Hey, think about this one: A mini Britney Spears pet. Everytime your character misses, the mini-Britney begins to sing "Oops I did it again!" Cool, no? :P

• Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by bloppy

The "let us choose what we want" idea could be nice.  It's a recurrent thing that there is something i don't like/need in packages so having the possibility to choose what i want in with a specific credits amount for each part could really be a nice thing.

THIS!

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

Originally posted by ragz45

are you high?

This actually wouldn't be such a bad idea, if it was say, a non-paid internship, for a certain amount of time, like 5-6+ months, with the possibilty to go longer, or to even be hired, and also, at an extremely high level, like $40,000, or something like that...

Also, at very high levels, personal calls with Mark Jacobs, or even personal meetings with Mark and the team at CSE... OR an interview with Mark Jacobs, that they can post on their site, or what not.