Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of darkness demonstration on April

2»

Comments

• BeardymanBeardyman Member Posts: 50
    This article is the first I've heard of this game. Very interesting stuff I'll definitely keep my eye on this one. Maybe we'll get EVE with a different IP? I'd personally be fine with that.
  • UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Warmaker

I hope this title turns out okay.

...turns out "OKAY" ?

Mate, this is CCP, I expect nothing less than a revolution (or at least, EvE on foot in a vampire modern day world)

You know what I expect? A Rockstar type giant living city like in LA Noire or GTA4, with EvE sandbox mechanics and kickass combat plus story. 

character creation itself is a revolution to start with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr_KVNrxtRI

also check this out

http://youtu.be/ch2vB1ZatPI?t=15m17s

Sandbox, Themepark, Coffee Shop -> win 

This is the first step towards disappointment I am afraid.

No offense..

Exactly.  How many games have we seen reduce graphic / technical level etc. before release due to performance.   That is not character creation. . that is a tech demo.  I know they will aspire to that level but it might not work in game.

I guess CCP is smart enough to create a title for next gen PC hardware, not office laptops from 2005 which run WoW

If it comes out in 2014, it better make use of latest graphics cards instead of dumbing down the graphics to cater to the low-spec crowd.

Then you will probably be disappointed, as it isn't in their best interest not to make the game playable for a wide range of systems at launch. The idea is to make money, and they will be more successful at it by releasing a game that can be run on a the average casual gamer's home PC then if it was only playable on the absolute bleeding edge of expensive.

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I am just looking forward to seeing something new from this MMO.  Nothing in the last few years has kept my interest very long, and am in hopes that this one will =)
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

I think the EVE crowd looking for something "hardcore" will be disappointed, and CCP is likely going to try and reach out to (or even create) a new playerbase with this one.

• BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Nikopol

I think the EVE crowd looking for something "hardcore" will be disappointed, and CCP is likely going to try and reach out to (or even create) a new playerbase with this one.

Good thing there is no such thing as one unified customer segment called "hardcore" then. I'm pretty sure they know more about customer segmentation and how to attract the desired customer segments for this game than you or I do. Also lumping "hardcore" EVE fans in one coheive unit and then on top of that speculating that as one cohesive unit they all will be disappointed with VTM, is pretty ridiculous.

• BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Uronksur
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Warmaker

I hope this title turns out okay.

...turns out "OKAY" ?

Mate, this is CCP, I expect nothing less than a revolution (or at least, EvE on foot in a vampire modern day world)

You know what I expect? A Rockstar type giant living city like in LA Noire or GTA4, with EvE sandbox mechanics and kickass combat plus story. 

character creation itself is a revolution to start with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr_KVNrxtRI

also check this out

http://youtu.be/ch2vB1ZatPI?t=15m17s

Sandbox, Themepark, Coffee Shop -> win 

This is the first step towards disappointment I am afraid.

No offense..

Exactly.  How many games have we seen reduce graphic / technical level etc. before release due to performance.   That is not character creation. . that is a tech demo.  I know they will aspire to that level but it might not work in game.

I guess CCP is smart enough to create a title for next gen PC hardware, not office laptops from 2005 which run WoW

If it comes out in 2014, it better make use of latest graphics cards instead of dumbing down the graphics to cater to the low-spec crowd.

Then you will probably be disappointed, as it isn't in their best interest not to make the game playable for a wide range of systems at launch. The idea is to make money, and they will be more successful at it by releasing a game that can be run on a the average casual gamer's home PC then if it was only playable on the absolute bleeding edge of expensive.

The idea of you thinking you know more than the company itself about its goals and its business strategy/activties to achieve those goals is pretty, well, stupid. A company can be very profitable and successful with a product that isn't released with a general strategy. Niche markets and differentiation can, have been, and are successful.

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I just hope that the game will focus on politic, diplomacy and intrigues (so heavy roleplay) and that combats will only be a small part of it.
    "hardcore" in VtM is more about trying to spy another clan, or make your way to the top of the hierarchy using your social skills. It is NOT about fighting badass monsters in raids again and again.
  • GhorikaGhorika Member Posts: 8
    can anyone give me a site for details about this game...and if it will be f2p?.....
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Uronksur
    <snip>

You may say that it's in CCP's "best interest" to make the game attractive to the largest possible number of players, but over the last 10 years CCP have clearly shown us that they have a somewhat different perception of what their "best interests" are image

CCP have achieved solid success by consistently ignoring the "common wisdom" of chasing the largest possible playerbase. Instead, they focused on catering to a niche playstyle, and they did it very well.

WoD has been in development for a very long time. Over the years, CCP have repeatedly said that they will not compromise on their "vision" of the WoD gameworld. They wanted it to look and play in a specific way, and they were prepared to WAIT for the hardware improvements required to make that a reality.

So no, I don't expect that WoD will run on an ex-office PC from 2005.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Ghorika
    can anyone give me a site for details about this game...and if it will be f2p?.....

i HOPE and pray CCP sticks to thier guns and dose NOT make it free to play.

sorry but this is the ONLY game comeing out that i have a honest intrest in. this is in partial due to my old love of the old world of darkness gameing i have been doing since as long as i can rember. but it also has to do with CCP being a company i beleave wil not turn to the dark side and go with the easy cash grab module that is free to play.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Originally posted by Squeak69

sorry but this is the ONLY game comeing out that i have a honest intrest in. this is in partial due to my old love of the old world of darkness gameing i have been doing since as long as i can rember. but it also has to do with CCP being a company i beleave wil not turn to the dark side and go with the easy cash grab module that is free to play.

Amen to that !

I don't want the F2P crowd, that use MMORPG like kleenex to spoil this game ! 

And if EVE Online proves anything, is that it's possible to have a wealthy niche market for mature, dedicaced players that last +10 years.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by aSynchro
    Originally posted by Squeak69

Amen to that !

I don't want the F2P crowd, that use MMORPG like kleenex to spoil this game ! 

And if EVE Online proves anything, is that it's possible to have a wealthy niche market for mature, dedicaced players that last +10 years.

/ signed

but I could imagine it would be buy to play, with a requirement to go premium sub for advanced features

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

Yayyy!! Finally. I so hope they manage to pull this one off, this is my dream MMO come true. Modern day setting, dark and gritty atmosphere, open world sandbox, made by a succesful indie company (not  a cheap ass money grubbing multi national), VAMPIRES. Woot!!!

• dustmaster91dustmaster91 Member Posts: 4
    I can't wait!
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Well that's cool and surprising.  I kinda thought the whole project just came to a hault.  Hopefully they don't completely disappoint.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Thing with CCP is they do it their way, without intervention of investors pushing out crap for quick money.
    WoD will be a hardcore mmo, CCP doesnt care about casuals unless they are fed to the hardcore players like in Eve online :)

They could have made Eve online alot more casual to attract more and more players, but they do not care about such things, as long as they reach their humble profit targets.
    Where Blizzard showed us that a small company that cared for their players turned into a hungry money making machine, CCP showed us they dont give a fuck about it.

Thats why i love CCP, their way or the highway.
    Dont like it ? gtfo !
    To hard ? dont let the door hit you on the way back to WoW !!
    Lost evrything you had ? Cry me a river !!!

You get the drill :P

• UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Yayyy!! Finally. I so hope they manage to pull this one off, this is my dream MMO come true. Modern day setting, dark and gritty atmosphere, open world sandbox, made by a succesful indie company (not  a cheap ass money grubbing multi national), VAMPIRES. Woot!!!

Same here,can't wait to see new videos of the engine,gameplay,atmosphere etc...

• liva98989liva98989 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I don't like to get too hyped, but I am looking forward to more info :)!

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426
    Well, this is May and no demonstration made. I hope they won't cater to the Facebook games nor the casual players; the hardcore gamers merit to get our place in the WoD grim world. If i am wrong please point where to get the was coming demonstration. Thanks in advance.

It is a question of fangs.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by Eridanix
    Well, this is May and no demonstration made. I hope they won't cater to the Facebook games nor the casual players; the hardcore gamers merit to get our place in the WoD grim world. If i am wrong please point where to get the was coming demonstration. Thanks in advance.

Well you wont have to worry about facebook gamers or casuals, that's not CCPs style!

There hasn't been any actual demonstration yet, but there is a build up and running, because they mentioned that their employees were playing it, and getting hooked.

My guess is at the end of the year, probably Nov or Dec they will show us something.... I hope!

It wont be much though

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I hate when companies release all this hype and deliver what amounts to a "games gonna be awesome" message. Why even bother unless you release something concrete about the game.
  • EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426
    I'm in fact deconstructing my facebook profile.  I hate the rumoring and the "do this do that" in it. Now I wonder about the mobile phone calls from inside and outside the game.... and many other things that are still not cleared. Basically, we are not getting the information that we need and the hype is increasingly hitting the gamers and hitting them again and again, including myself....

It is a question of fangs.