Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW vs TERA vs SWTOR endgame

apavapav Member UncommonPosts: 4

Hey guys! Apologies if this is a long rant to you.

So I've found myself getting bored of GW2 lately. Although they're adding new content, there's just not much left for me to do at endgame. It's becoming more and more a casual/social game to me, so I am looking for a new mmo to dedicate some more time to. Don't get me wrong, I still love GW2 and will still be playing it, just not as much because there is barely anything new left to do.

Currently I'm looking at these three. Looking to do a mix of raiding/competitive pvp endgame. So here's a little bit of my history with each game:

WoW: My main MMO over the years. I stopped playing just before Firelands. Last time I was in a hardcore guild was WoTLK, then I spent most of my time in Cata doing 3's/rated BG's. I quit because I just felt absolutely burnt out, after playing it for years. I'm almost positive is the best of the three at endgame, and obviously most active, but the thing is I don't know if I will feel burnt out if I return. I have quite a few 85's, and I don't know if MoP is particularly interesting to me. How is WoW currently? (heavily opinionated question, I know) I may owe it to myself to give it a look.

TERA: Played the beta, and preordered so I'm a founder. I didn't really get to play it that much honestly. The action orientated combat was great, but the boring story and grindy quests discouraged me to keep playing. I got a Baraka Lancer to around 30 and then stopped playing in May. I'm not really sure if I know anything about the game's endgame, or how popular it currently it is with it recently going F2P. Is the endgame worth the grind in your opinion/

SWTOR: This I was fanatical about (huge Star Wars fan). Preordered the Collectors Edition and everything. I got my Sith Sorc to 50 and did a few operations, but mostly warzones and datacron hunting. I loved the character's story and the setting of course. But in the end I was disappointed with the game, especially the endgame, and decided it wasn't worth the monthly sub. I stopped playing in February and haven't picked it up since. I have heard that since then a lot of new content was added, as well as going free to play. 

Without knowing anything about how the endgame is in either of these three games, I would say that I think I'm interested in playing SWTOR the most. With WoW, you still have to pay and I have no idea if I have any interest in playing it anymore. TERA, I could not stand the boring story and repetitive quests, and know nothing about the endgame. 

So could you guys please give me your opinions on how each game's endgame is? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

SWTOr is an EA game...ppl shouldn't give that company money. They'r ejust going to turn around and buy another good company with it and drive it into the ground. I'm a huge star wars fan and it pains me to say it but....I wont give EA money.

WOW probably has the best end game of any mmo if you want raiding. An unlimited budget is hard to beat. It is just wow though. If you're sick of it....you're sick of it.

Tera end game is ok. Not great not the worst. It's the best free model of the three if that's what you'r elooking for and I enjoy playing it. The shop has fun things to buy if you'r einto cosmentics and it's 15/month elite is nice if you're faction grinding.

• apavapav Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by DamonVile

SWTOr is an EA game...ppl shouldn't give that company money. They'r ejust going to turn around and buy another good company with it and drive it into the ground. I'm a huge star wars fan and it pains me to say it but....I wont give EA money.

WOW probably has the best end game of any mmo if you want raiding. An unlimited budget is hard to beat. It is just wow though. If you're sick of it....you're sick of it.

Tera end game is ok. Not great not the worst. It's the best free model of the three if that's what you'r elooking for and I enjoy playing it. The shop has fun things to buy if you'r einto cosmentics and it's 15/month elite is nice if you're faction grinding.

I know I know about SWTOR but I actually did enjoy it for what it's worth. Unless it still has a pathetic endgame and not worth anyone's time, I may just play it for free. So WoW is still going strong then? Yea, why wouldn't it I guess. I'll check Tera out again, and if I don't really like it that much still, I guess then I'll try WoW. 

Oh, and if you have any other mmo's to recommend please do! I didn't think to ask about the possibility of other mmo's.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by apav
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I know I know about SWTOR but I actually did enjoy it for what it's worth. Unless it still has a pathetic endgame and not worth anyone's time, I may just play it for free. So WoW is still going strong then? Yea, why wouldn't it I guess. I'll check Tera out again, and if I don't really like it that much still, I guess then I'll try WoW. 

Oh, and if you have any other mmo's to recommend please do! I didn't think to ask about the possibility of other mmo's.

Define the parameters a bit more here would you? What would have to have changed about SWTOR's endgame to make you happy?

Reason I ask is because it's the same as it was before. Do dailies to earn money for FP's and Operations. There are a few more harder space missions. There is a reputation system to grind. That's it man. No radical changes have occurred and that's the way it will stay imo.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• apavapav Member UncommonPosts: 4

I just recall farming for commendations 24/7, which I didn't like too much after a while. I know that some mmo's are inherently grindy, but for some reason SWTOR endgame felt like you had to grind more for less gear. Also there wasn't that much content at endgame, but that could've changed since I last played. 

I guess I'm looking for something new and enjoyable for end game. I only mentioned SWTOR because I love the story and the setting, and I only mentioned WoW because although I know it hasn't changed, maybe being away from it this long I will find it enjoyable again. I don't know too much about Tera's endgame to draw conclusions.

So let me ask you guys, are there any mmo's out there (maybe new ones I don't know about) that bring a breath of fresh air to the mmo scene, and that have a thriving community? (doesnt have to be big)

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    Tera alot of it's end game people are soloing it.
  • EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    I'm quite enjoying Tera currently. They added a couple of more dungeons since I last played it, so the end game got better. And  because it's f2p now, servers are way more populated then they ever were.