Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 Hacked according to SOE

jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Once again, the word of 'Sony' and 'Hacking' are together in the news; remember the PSN outage?

http://planetside2.eu/teasers/261-important-announcement-to-our-players

Think it only affects some users or something and it isn't really 'sony' but their partner or w/e.

As a customer, I don't think I would really care if it was Sony or their partners.

I suspect to many players it is 'Sony screwed up, AGAIN'.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

given that they state they detected it and jumped on it asap shows they/partner didnt fail like sony did before.  the alert is mostly a heads up to change your password. granted no one can really ignore sony's past fk ups but atleast this didnt take weeks before they said OH hey umm ya we got 3rd party accessed and you might have your data leaked

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

There are no mention of time other than 'recent' which is vague so who knows how long it has been.

I am very surprised to see SOE contract something like this out to another company though.

BTW, I'm told this 'contract' company ProSidenSat (or w/e) has a volunteer customer support program which is 'WTF' material.

'Volunteers' that has access to client details. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this picture? /Facepalm

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• LuperzaLuperza Member Posts: 23

This was not SOE that was hacked. It was our partners over at ProSieben. This only affects a small amount of  EU players with ProSieben accounts. 

I hope that clears up some of the miscommunication in the media. :) 

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn
    Your Friendly Community Relations Representative
    @PurrfectStorm | Friday Night Ops