Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard cant do no wrong.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by velmax
    No argument their, but if they can create a good game is the question?

"good" is in the eye of the beholder. Fun is personal.

To me, all games they have created are good.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

People confusing good with successful.

This whole thread has been that.

Blizzard is incredibly successful with every game they make.  This makes a lot of people mad for some reason.

So people focus on their opinion of good.

Im really only a fan of D3.  Cant get into wow for the life of me.  Cant stand SC2's multiplayer (though campaign was really well done)

I hope blizzards next game appeals to me, ive seen what they do, and most of what they do doesnt appeal to me, however im not a mouthbreather and can see that the games are really well made.

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Akumawraith

1. WoW being 8 yrs old and still has 9 million subs.

after 8 years they only have 9 million subs? if the game were so great they would have more than 20 million subs. However with each new expansionthey lost subs. then they gain some, but they have never gained more subs than they already had since TBC.

2. D3 12 million subs

This is a joke right? D3 isnt a sub based game, its a B2P game and more than 60% of the buyers demanded refunds or quit completely.. need I remind everyone of the whole "error 37" fiasco?

There's like ...an epic amount of dumb in this post.

And like WoW you show lack of content.. thanks :)

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    The title of this post says it all "Blizzard cant do no wrong"... So... um... They CAN do wrong is what you're saying? I agree!
  • SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Im an Old gamer I remember I used to play Warcraft the early games 1 and 2. I played D1 and 2 and SC1 I waited for D3 and was disappointed and dont even have it on my HD anymore. I have WOW tho and play it from time to time but sorely disappointed with the route the game is currently going Cat and MOp are not good xpansions. But with the numbers being as they are they still the leader in MMO's we see another MMO on the horizen and we compare it to WOW will this be the WOW killler??? Havent seen one yet players still play WOW!
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

People confusing good with successful.

This whole thread has been that.

Blizzard is incredibly successful with every game they make.  This makes a lot of people mad for some reason.

So people focus on their opinion of good.

Im really only a fan of D3.  Cant get into wow for the life of me.  Cant stand SC2's multiplayer (though campaign was really well done)

I hope blizzards next game appeals to me, ive seen what they do, and most of what they do doesnt appeal to me, however im not a mouthbreather and can see that the games are really well made.

No confusing for me. What is fun for me is very clear.

Diablo 3 is fun .. good combat hack & slash and almost unlimited progresion. Variety in builds.

WOW was fun for me for a few years. Everything gets old and boring .. but WOW last longer for me than 99% of games. So that is a good game FOR ME.

SC2 single campaign is fun for me. And like you, i don't like SC2 multiplayer .. but it is a still good game, for me again, just because of the campaign.

They have not done anything that is not appearling to me yet, except may be MOP, but that is an expansion, not a game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Over the years I've enjoyed playing Diablo 1, SC 1 and WOW for a time.

Diablo 2, 3 , SC2 and post Vanilla WOW not so much, because like most Blizzard sequels, they are too much of "more of the same", therefore no longer appeal to me.

They are a finanical powerhouse, but I certainly won't give them recent awards for creatiivity and originality.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by coretex666

I am a fan of Blizz and their products.

I consider their games to be top in their genre.

I have not played better RTS than SC / SC 2.

I have not played better ARPG than Diablo / Diablo II / Diablo III

I have not spent more hours in any other MMO than I have in WoW.

Then you havent played many games.  Just off the top of my head:

Age of Empires I/II were both far better games than SC.  C&C Red Alert 2, there are many more

Lets see, Titan Quest, Arcanum, NWN, Icewind Dale 1/2

Don't even get me started on WOW....

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Age of Empires I/II were both far better games than SC.  C&C Red Alert 2, there are many more

Company of Heroes, Men of War, Blitzkrieg

Path of Exile, Torchlight 1, Torchlight 2

EVE-Online (considering the endgame for WoW is pretty much a lobby nowadays with chat) World of Tanks, etc

Originally posted by Dihoru

EVE-Online (considering the endgame for WoW is pretty much a lobby nowadays with chat) World of Tanks, etc

Eve-online is quite boring to me. The combat is boring. STO does it better.

I am playing PoE. The progression system is not bad, but they don't have the polish, and the skill diversity as in Diablo 3. TL1 & TL2 ... are not as much fun as Diablo 3, nor PoE for me.

Company of Heroes is a good game but it isn ot sci-fi. In fact, CoH is a small squad game (like Dawn of War 2 .. which i love), so very different in play style than build-n-rush SC2 type RTS.

And lastly, so what if you have a list of other good games? So there are other good games than those made by Blizz. Of course, the gaming industry is big.

I like Diablo 3, does not equate i don't like PoE, or other action RPG. I like SC2, does not equate i don't like other strategy game (for example, i love Dawn of War 2). I like WOW, does not equate i don't like other MMO.

Eve-online is quite boring to me. The combat is boring. STO does it better.

I am playing PoE. The progression system is not bad, but they don't have the polish, and the skill diversity as in Diablo 3. TL1 & TL2 ... are not as much fun as Diablo 3, nor PoE for me.

Company of Heroes is a good game but it isn ot sci-fi. In fact, CoH is a small squad game (like Dawn of War 2 .. which i love), so very different in play style than build-n-rush SC2 type RTS.

And lastly, so what if you have a list of other good games? So there are other good games than those made by Blizz. Of course, the gaming industry is big.

I like Diablo 3, does not equate i don't like PoE, or other action RPG. I like SC2, does not equate i don't like other strategy game (for example, i love Dawn of War 2). I like WOW, does not equate i don't like other MMO.

EVE-Online's combat is more tactical and allot of the thinking goes into pre-fight preparations but yeah if you PVE it is really hands off, if you PVP not so much.

EVE-Online's combat is more tactical and allot of the thinking goes into pre-fight preparations but yeah if you PVE it is really hands off, if you PVP not so much.

That is the problem. Most PvE fight is like on autopilot. Talk about easy without any challenge.

And what pre-fight preparation? You just auto-pilot to a mission, auto-pilot to within range of your enemies, and keep hitting the "fire" button.

That is the reason why i play STO and not Eve.

That is the problem. Most PvE fight is like on autopilot. Talk about easy without any challenge.

And what pre-fight preparation? You just auto-pilot to a mission, auto-pilot to within range of your enemies, and keep hitting the "fire" button.

That is the reason why i play STO and not Eve.

Level 1 through 3 missions yes, though I wouldn't advise trying easy mode on hard level 3s in anything other than a derp fit domi or a tengu, level 4 missions are my main speciality and while most are medium difficulty ergo you can still autopilot somewhat the hard level 4s (Worlds Collide, Dread Pirate Scarlet, Blockade, Enemies abound 1 through 4,etc) you most definately do not want to not pay attention to, Worlds Collide with the new AI on NPCs can full pocket aggro you in the 2nd pocket and if you're Sansha/Angels and in the sansha one you best pray you can take the scrammers before they pop you so you can do the chicken dance (pop in, pop one, pop out) to wittle em away, in Dread Pirate you need to be super careful in the last pocket because you can get Blood Patriarchs which will suck your cap clean dry before you can react. These are just some of the examples I can think of and these are just missions. You also have Sleeper running, exploration sites, bounty hunting, etc.

Level 1 through 3 missions yes, though I wouldn't advise trying easy mode on hard level 3s in anything other than a derp fit domi or a tengu, level 4 missions are my main speciality and while most are medium difficulty ergo you can still autopilot somewhat the hard level 4s (Worlds Collide, Dread Pirate Scarlet, Blockade, Enemies abound 1 through 4,etc) you most definately do not want to not pay attention to, Worlds Collide with the new AI on NPCs can full pocket aggro you in the 2nd pocket and if you're Sansha/Angels and in the sansha one you best pray you can take the scrammers before they pop you so you can do the chicken dance (pop in, pop one, pop out) to wittle em away, in Dread Pirate you need to be super careful in the last pocket because you can get Blood Patriarchs which will suck your cap clean dry before you can react. These are just some of the examples I can think of and these are just missions. You also have Sleeper running, exploration sites, bounty hunting, etc.

Wait .. are you saying higher missions may be more interesting, and more challenging, mechancis-wise? I am always out looking for a good sci-fi space ship game, and if that is the case, i may give Eve another go.

Can you talk a little more about the combat mechanics at higher level (mission levels, obviously Eve don't have character levels)? Are there more things to do? Scripted events? Special abilities (both on my ship & the pve enemy ships)?

Wait .. are you saying higher missions may be more interesting, and more challenging, mechancis-wise? I am always out looking for a good sci-fi space ship game, and if that is the case, i may give Eve another go.

Can you talk a little more about the combat mechanics at higher level (mission levels, obviously Eve don't have character levels)? Are there more things to do? Scripted events? Special abilities (both on my ship & the pve enemy ships)?

Scripted events... that's mostly in either Incursions, Epic Arcs (level 4 series of missions which can be blindingly easy and others are insanely difficult alone) and maybe live events (they're held every now and then by GMs to expand something of the storyline, usually this is leading up to an expansion, I remember the Incursion live events were mental if you managed to get in on em).

Level 4s can be very challenging especially if the new sleeper-like AI decides to act atypically, because they changed the AI the aggro in pockets can shift unpredictably and this can make your ship go poof if you're not careful.

Special abilities? Linked to modules, mission NPCs at level 4 and level 5 do it, serpentis NPCs sensor dampen you so can't lock them past a certain range, angels target paint you and web you so you become a easy target for their artilery battleships, the sanshas tracking disrupt and web you to make it very difficult for you to hit them with turret weapons, the blood raiders (the one I hate the most) tracking disrupt and use energy neutralizers on you sometimes, this can kill you energy grid which kills your tank which kills you (you can get so badly neutralized that you can't even warp out). As far as you using modules on the NPCs, tracking disruption and jamming does not work, webbing and target painting them works wonders for a artilery battleship fit when facing smaller targets, neutralization does not work on them though I heard you can nosferatu (suck energy) from them indefinately to stabilized yourself if you're getting neuted, etc.

Sleeper running (that's in wormhole space, basically lawless space without local chat which means you donno who's around until you see them) is basically one of the "endgames" in terms of pve in EVE because once you hit class 6 wormholes and start doing them (they are insanely difficult, you need 10-15 man fleets if you're doing escalations for sites) pvp isn't optional, your ship should have that in mind because doing wormhole sites you will run into people who want to kill you for the loot in your cargohold. Sleeper sites aren't scripted beyond their triggers for new waves and their triggers for escalations (15 battleships or 1 capital ship).

Incursions is the other "endgame" for pve but this is basically the raiding of EVE because people want you to have specific fits and skills to run with them, you can do them in less but people are kinda snobbish when it comes to incursions because they want to run sites fast because they get paid per site in isk and lp and it can be allot, up to a couple of bil per day.

Need to know anything more?

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Then you've completely missed on Dawn of War series and Company of Heroes :)

Dawn of war (cept DoW1) i would not class as an RTS, Company of heroes though is a tonne of fun and if pushed I'd probably say CoH was better than SC2 at least at a casual level, SC2 is finely tuned for competative play so depend what ya into.

DoW 2 is not RTS? I havent heard that one before, you still build bases, units, and use them in traditional RTS sense. The added RPG elements in DoW 2 singleplayer isnt a bad thing either imo, it felt nice and fresh, not to mention including co-op which is very rare in RTS games unless you skirmish. DoW 2 maybe isnt very traditional I can agree with that, but it definitely is an RTS game.

SC2 had the best singleplayer campaign I've ever played in RTS game, the "researching" and walking around the ship between missions was simply a great addition imo. But SC2 had a lot less longevity after I played the SP campaign since it's way too traditional for me, putting it very bluntly it feels just like a graphical overhaul with some different units and tweaks vs. the original.

I understand making SC2 very similar to the original was the whole point, since they want to keep the e-sport scene happy so they cant innovate much outside the SP campaign.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I dunno, I don't think they could do anything worse than single handedly destroy the mmorpg genre.

I <3 you.

Siveria just like hrimnir u dont knwo how much i <3 u right now :)

destroy it? blizz are the reason the most of you are playing mmos i'd say.

without blizz the mmo would NEVER have gotten this big.

we had 400 people online at nite per server. that was high before the  times of wow.

love or leave it, but stop with your silly theories... seriously

Blizzard may of brought a crowd to the MMO market however WoW is not a true MMORPG its a shell with very little depth and would of been better off if it was never made imo, i rather have lower number of people in the genre than have a genre than been butchered for the RTS players majority of WoW player came from RTS games and the massive amount of advertising they did non of which probaly didnt even know MMORPG genre even exsisted, 80% of people i talked in WoW/later games beleive the WoW was the first MMORPG, so this just shows majority of player who play MMORPG have never experienced a true MMORPG.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I dunno, I don't think they could do anything worse than single handedly destroy the mmorpg genre.

I <3 you.

Siveria just like hrimnir u dont knwo how much i <3 u right now :)

destroy it? blizz are the reason the most of you are playing mmos i'd say.

without blizz the mmo would NEVER have gotten this big.

we had 400 people online at nite per server. that was high before the  times of wow.

love or leave it, but stop with your silly theories... seriously

Blizzard may of brought a crowd to the MMO market however WoW is not a true MMORPG its a shell with very little depth and would of been better off if it was never made imo. 

sorry but while i no longer enjoy WoW you are wrong the game is a MMO and people who dont like it should stop harping on it so much, just because it overblown dose not mean its bad, get over it.

also i do disagree that WoW is the reason MMOs are so big its more that it was there at the right time to take the head way, if it hadnt something else would have.

blizzard simnply had the money to throw into advertising is the main reason its so big where as most MMOs never did in the states

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• GamerToonsGamerToons Member Posts: 30

You used a double negative.

You essentially said "Blizzard can do wrong"

You know this right? or... no.

Either way I disagree, but you do have a point and if the company can learn to innovate rather than rehashing WoW and Diablo's previous success then I think they will continue to put out good titles.

The fact is I play Torchlight 2 over D3 and there is a reason behind it. Torchlight 2 is alot better at 1/3rd the price.

Blizzard (in my eyes) hasn't had success since WoW was released. 

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    13 pages later and im still wondering what the point of this thread is?
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Salio69

You are not alone. I wasted some time reading this expecting there to be a point.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

i have to agree with you on this one lol

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Squeak69

i have to agree with you on this one lol

It just goes to show that love or hate blizz ppl will like to express thier opinion on one of the biggest gaming companies around.

Need to know anything more?

Yeah .. how long do i have to play to get to these more interesting things?

Originally posted by expresso

Then you've completely missed on Dawn of War series and Company of Heroes :)

Dawn of war (cept DoW1) i would not class as an RTS, Company of heroes though is a tonne of fun and if pushed I'd probably say CoH was better than SC2 at least at a casual level, SC2 is finely tuned for competative play so depend what ya into.

DoW 2 is not RTS? I havent heard that one before, you still build bases, units, and use them in traditional RTS sense. The added RPG elements in DoW 2 singleplayer isnt a bad thing either imo, it felt nice and fresh, not to mention including co-op which is very rare in RTS games unless you skirmish. DoW 2 maybe isnt very traditional I can agree with that, but it definitely is an RTS game.

SC2 had the best singleplayer campaign I've ever played in RTS game, the "researching" and walking around the ship between missions was simply a great addition imo. But SC2 had a lot less longevity after I played the SP campaign since it's way too traditional for me, putting it very bluntly it feels just like a graphical overhaul with some different units and tweaks vs. the original.

I understand making SC2 very similar to the original was the whole point, since they want to keep the e-sport scene happy so they cant innovate much outside the SP campaign.

Are we talking about the same warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 (2 not 1)??? There is no base building, and no building units (reforecement from a satellite dish don't count). You just control 4 squards of imperial marines. I still have it on my machine and i still pay the game.

It is more like a squad-based RPG where you control 4, not 1 squad. Oh, it is a good game, don't get me wrong. I love the game. But the play style is quite different from SC2 where you build & spank. The two are just so different that i will only say that both are good games. I cannot say one is "better" than the other.