Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No One Quits WOW 2

ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281

I tried WOW again very briefly a couple of months ago; almost instantly remembered why I previously left and quit.  

More recently I received an e-amil from Blizzard telling me that my account has been locked (I only noticed it this morning).  Following the link I found that my subscription was still active, so I tried to cancel it, but I was unable to until I unlocked my account.  

I went through the procedure to unlock my account and changed the password, but my account was still locked.  I tried this twice more with the same result.  

Then I tried to go through the online support but they have literally made it impossible to speak to another sentient being, and the automated options they suggest are entirely irrelevent.  

So what do i do now to stop them taking money off me short of a) sitting on the phone to Blizzard for several hours while enduring more moronic automation or b) going to my bank and telling them to block any payments to Blizzard?  

Am I missing something? 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

Comments

• EnzoBautistaEnzoBautista Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Scarfe

More recently I received an e-amil from Blizzard telling me that my account has been locked (I only noticed it this morning).  Following the link I found that my subscription was still active, so I tried to cancel it, but I was unable to until I unlocked my account.  

Sounds like you went into a "phishing" website.

I've had messages on email accounts that arent even related to warcraft, that suggest my account has been locked.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by EnzoBautista

Sounds like you went into a "phishing" website.

I've had messages on email accounts that arent even related to warcraft, that suggest my account has been locked.

No. My account is definately locked and the e-mail was genuine.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Since your account is still active, get on the support forums and make a thread.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

So when you quit again why didn't you just concel the sub?

Take it you are a orginal Blizzard user?

Mine works this why inactive it is locked, active no issues with the account. Been doing it since I first quit that way, I can even replicate it to the day I will get the email they locked my account again.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    if you don't care much for your account, do a charge back, you tried they didn't make it easy then its time for you go for a higher power
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Blizzard is now a very established and well-resourced company. I'm sure they have well thought-out protocols for just about any customer-related issue.

Hang in there - I'm sure everything will be ok, but it might take a bit of time because your case might have to be referred to a senior person.

If I were you, I would remind them about the issue every couple of days or so, in a polite well-written way.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I dunno ive never had a problem with their billing and account phone service. Both times ive used it I was treated like a human being and the process was very smooth. 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Then I tried to go through the online support but they have literally made it impossible to speak to another sentient being, and the automated options they suggest are entirely irrelevent. 

Blizzard supports live webchat

http://www.wowwiki.com/Technical_support

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/15/blizzard-introduces-live-web-chat-support/

• citan79citan79 Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I quite wow in 2011.   The last time I got on it really showed its age. I had been playing since the beta.   In hindsight wow was a turd.   Very boring but it was new at teh time and maybe I feel taht way because I have beent here done that.  It was a huge waste of time.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I quit wow 1 month after bc, when I realised it for the massive hamster wheel it is.

Never played it again, unless you count my idiocy of buying swtor.
  • AlusciaAluscia Member UncommonPosts: 39

Probably too late to help you now, OP, but I had an extremely positive experience with their phone support. The tl;dr of my story below is: Call them and talk to them like a human being you want to work a problem out with (rather than screaming at them for a refund or whatever).

Story:

I realized I had paid for another 6 months after my lock into the year sub for D3 deal expired, but really didn't want to sub to WoW for that period again. It was only a couple of days after the payment was processed but I hadn't logged on for months (since April 2012, really). I was a little bummed because that $70 could have gone to something I would actually play, etc etc, and decided to give Blizz a call to see what options I had (fully expecting nothing would happen). I was on hold for maybe 10 minutes, but probably less, and connected with a real person who spoke fluent English and was immediately engaged in helping me out. I explained my story to him (I couldn't cancel my sub while the 12-month lock was still in effect, which left me with an extremely short window to actual cancel the recurring payment before it happened again), he could see I hadn't logged into my WoW account in months and really didn't intend to resub for another 6 months, and gave me two options - He could "pause" the 6 month time until my next actual logon, or refund the subscription (which would immediately lock me out, blah blah). I elected to refund, he said he completely understood and it was all done in a matter of minutes. I checked my Visa statement and the refund was processed within the week.

I fully expect that if I had gone to the phone support demanding a refund bluntly, ranting, raving, or any other counter-productive behaviour, this story may have gone differently. I've been on the other side of support phone calls enough in my line of work to know how I'd like to be treated, so I made sure I didn't make any demands of the Blizz rep that I didn't think he would be willing to help with anyway. I'm still really pleasantly surprised at how well the whole thing went (so much so that I took the time to write a really positive email to their support team about the experience). It kind of gives credence to the old saying "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".