Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on Blizzard's Titan

Today i had a vision that it may be true or way  too false but looks very inspired.

What if titan is a game that combines 2 worlds together.

Starcraft universe and warcraft universe together?

Could this be the secret project Blizzard is cooking?

What do you guys think.?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I doubt this is it.

Care to make a bet?

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Originally posted by nariusseldon

I doubt this is it.

Care to make a bet?

Originally posted by Robokapp

they said it's a new IP.

starcraft ghost is gone. let it go. 

They said it will be an existing ip somehow enhanced

http://titanfocus.info/

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I don't see how wild specultion can do anything other than set yourself up to feel disappointed in whatever actually comes.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

I say that it's Starcraft Universe or whatever name they will give to a Starcraft MMO.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Well, the supposedly leaked artwork would make me think it would be more of a Diablo+SC mash-up, if they were to do such a thing.

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't an mmo loosely based in the SC universe, but not completely tied into the current storylines of SC2. While exploring the lore of WarCraft in WoW, there was also major let down points where the decisions that were made were questionable because of lore.

If they made a StarCraft mmo, but set it in a different time period, or alternate universe, etc, then they wouldn't be so tied to the lore, but more just the general idea.

I guess we will probably find out at BlizzCon later this year.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

What ever it is it will have :

Fast leveling

Dungeon finders

Made for 5 year olds

Expensive character transfers

Easy game play

Originally posted by delete5230

Fast leveling

Dungeon finders

Made for 5 year olds

Easy game play

Fast leveling - great

Dungeon Finders - great ... won't play a game without it now.

Made for 5 year old .... you sure?

Expensive character transfer ... you assumes there are servers. May be they will just do auto instance matching like Destiny, or Diablo, and there is no need for character transfer.

Easy game play - not consistent with their last game, Diablo 3. It is anything but easy with optional difficulties, and even perma death. My bet is that it will have different options for difficulties, which will be great.

Originally posted by Kaneth

Well, the supposedly leaked artwork would make me think it would be more of a Diablo+SC mash-up, if they were to do such a thing.

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't an mmo loosely based in the SC universe, but not completely tied into the current storylines of SC2. While exploring the lore of WarCraft in WoW, there was also major let down points where the decisions that were made were questionable because of lore.

If they made a StarCraft mmo, but set it in a different time period, or alternate universe, etc, then they wouldn't be so tied to the lore, but more just the general idea.

I guess we will probably find out at BlizzCon later this year.

What leaked artwork? Can you provide a link? I would love to see.

Oh, if it is a Diablo + SC ... i will definitely buy & play. That would be very fun. In fact, l wouldn't care whether it is a real MMO or not.

• JCBNJCBN Member UncommonPosts: 47

Fast leveling

Dungeon finders

Made for 5 year olds

Easy game play

Fast leveling - great

Expensive character transfer ... you assumes there are servers. May be they will just do auto instance matching like Destiny, or Diablo, and there is no need for character transfer.

Easy game play - not consistent with their last game, Diablo 3. It is anything but easy with optional difficulties, and even perma death. My bet is that it will have different options for difficulties, which will be great.

And this is why games has gone to hell.

Originally posted by JCBN

Fast leveling

Dungeon finders

Made for 5 year olds

Easy game play

Fast leveling - great

And this is why games has gone to hell.

.. you mean games has gone to hell FOR YOU. It is pretty great for me lately. If this is hell, i am more than happy to sin more so i can stay here.

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    it will be the greatest mmo ever...mark my words
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by RelGn

I doubt this is it.

Care to make a bet?

they said it's a new IP.

Yeah, that's a recent rumour, but I still prefer going with what Blizzard said, which is that it will be a new franchise.

I even doubt it's a FPS like people say. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was quite conventionally an MMORPG.

As to the gameworld.... It's supposed to have a bit of everything... So I guess it could be steampunk. Though best scenario I could see is something like Planescape, with space to add new worlds.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'll just be glad to see some info on it. Anything...

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    That could be prett cool, it's clearly going to have hundreds of millions pumped into it.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by kanezfan

I say that it's Starcraft Universe or whatever name they will give to a Starcraft MMO.

I`ve been saying this for a long time now. If it ends up being the case, I believe Blizzy made the right call to announce ``new IP, new IP!``; can you imagine the kind of crapstorm that would have overtaken gaming forums. Yikes. We`re talking speculation and early climaxing hype hell.

Also, this isn`t exactly a company known for having a high quantity of IPs.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Fast leveling

Dungeon finders

Made for 5 year olds

Easy game play

This.

I am still hopeful it is a sandbox though, because then everyone will copy it and I will be deleriously happy for once when it comes to mmorpgs.  Blizzard is smart enough to recognize when there is a market.  There are no high quality sandbox mmos, just a bunch of indies, yet sandbox mmos are awesome and get people really excited/immersed for long term.  They could make a fortune.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323
    My guess is that Titan is somewhat linked to Bungie's Destiny..
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by RelGn

I doubt this is it.

Care to make a bet?

they said it's a new IP.

Titan is not entirely a brand new IP and is also coming on XBOX + more. [rumor]

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by DMKano

Some of us have friends that work at Blizzard and have actually played project Titan.

It is brand new IP, so please let these StarCraft rumors go once and for all.

I find this hard to believe. More recent blue posts have stated that this is an offshoot of an existing IP.

Who knows, it may be a lost viking game! lol

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by DMKano

Some of us have friends that work at Blizzard and have actually played project Titan.

It is brand new IP, so please let these StarCraft rumors go once and for all.

No, I won`t. Not until the fat lady is singing, random internet dude.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb