Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The GamePlay Must Be Like Skyrim!

2»

Comments

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Imperator101
    This game needs to be very skill based, blocking and shields with a first person and third person view. Aiming should be like an FPS for Mages. I wanna feel the bloody intensity of war and combat, no bubble gum junk like WoW, never has an MMO been able to simulate the intensity of ancient warefare with the fantasy stuff added in. Sadly, I doubt it will have gameplay like Skyrim. Even if the gameplay is not like Skyrim, I hope it has a first person view where you can see your weapon and aiming with mage abilities that would be like an fps. 

An MMO based on Skyrim would wipe the floor with most current and near future MMOs. Unfourtunately not even an MMO like Elder Scrolls Online will be like Skyrim so sadly we wont be seeing a game like Skyrim Online anytime soon.

Indeed.

Everybody would hit max level within a few days ... all you would have to do is obtain a bow and fire at any NPC with an arrow, hide until it forgets that your there, wash and repeat through 90% percent of the game. I would say this is a glitch but its in ALL the elderscroll games...  but yet people believe its sooooo good.. its quite amusing.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by Bahamut231

There is nothing exciting about skyrim sorry, its all just very spammy and dumbed down, mark jacobs wants this game to be more tactical and less spammy, and i would take a tab target system over a button masher anyday

Daoc was a tab tageting game and is revered as the best PvP game of all time, i have yet to see one of these terrible button mashing fps/hack and slash mmos even come close to claiming that title, tab targeting just does tactical RVR better

DAoC still exists you know...but theres not exactly a lot of people still playing. The best PvP game of all time, with no players.

I always wonder if people who say things like this are just idiots or trolls.

The DAoC that everyone talks about no longer exists, else we'd still be playing it.

As for the OP, you say that's never been done before? But it has, you described Darkfall's system exactly. Works really well in that game.

• CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

There is nothing exciting about skyrim sorry, its all just very spammy and dumbed down, mark jacobs wants this game to be more tactical and less spammy, and i would take a tab target system over a button masher anyday

Daoc was a tab tageting game and is revered as the best PvP game of all time, i have yet to see one of these terrible button mashing fps/hack and slash mmos even come close to claiming that title, tab targeting just does tactical RVR better

DAoC still exists you know...but theres not exactly a lot of people still playing. The best PvP game of all time, with no players.

The DAoC that everyone talks about no longer exists, else we'd still be playing it.

As for the OP, you say that's never been done before? But it has, you described Darkfall's system exactly. Works really well in that game.

Yeah we all know how well Darkfail is going, don't we?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Combspe

Regardless of how DF is going, the fact is that he is correct: an MMO already exists that uses the skyrim combat mechanics--targetting and all. It never has been very popular though apart from a few thousand niche-MMO players...if they'd also had the TES IP it might have been different...we'll never know.

Saying that combat in CU must be like Skyrim is just saying it must be like DF... hmm... come to think of it, this is the first time I've heard people clamoring for a Darkfall clone.... go everywhere, do everything, open world PVP, no classes...sound familiar?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Combspe

Better than the vast majority of AAA MMORPGs released in the last 7 years. Aventurine has been steadily growing since Darkfall's release, something almost no other MMO company has done.

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
    Darkfall also has PVE which this game will not have. It will be the Planetside 2 of  MMORPG but it will be garbage. The kickstarter might not fail but this will be another crap MMORPG, Darkfall Unholy has stupid gameplay and so will this. Skyrim is better, it feels more exciting and realistic. I would rather play the Skyrim online mod but it has a long way to go. Welcome to more crap MMO's which will all die under the WoW addicts. 

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397

Why are you here then? go away

Is this thread a joke or something? Just don't understand why it's here.

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked