Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Dell U2713HM IPS, 4th unit was a failure. Switched brand.

AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

So I just got the U2713HM and I have a bit of noticeable yellow bleed in dark related content. I'm aware that IPS glow is usually unavoidable unless I want to spend 2k+, however the yellow bleeding is another matter.

Am I being to OCD or would you replace it, get your money back or just keep it and avoid hassle?

Edit:  Just figured I'd update until i get a good one. Journey may be long but i'll get a good one i'm sure.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy San Diego, CAPosts: 4,623Member Uncommon
    Replace.  The manufacturer is responsible for such a noticable defect.  A new Dell IPS panel monitor is going to be pretty good, definetly would replace.
  • TekkamanTekkaman Sacramento, CAPosts: 158Member

Replace @ your local retailer if that's where you purchased it. If you purchased it through Dell, they will replace it.

One thing to keep in mind w/ the UltraSharp series is that their warranty is ridiculously awesome. You literally will get a replacement overnighted to you. Read up on it. It's very handy.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon
    Amazon is going to overnight me a new one, lets hope for a better one XD
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Kitchener, ONPosts: 1,973Member Uncommon
    Glad you got that fixed.  I have a cheap IPS and it does not do that.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• gamingdiva2013gamingdiva2013 Lehi, UTPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by Aori
    Amazon is going to overnight me a new one, lets hope for a better one XD

I'm sure it will be - I have the U2312HM IPS monitor and it's really great!

well second monitor turned out with even worse BLB, time for a refund.
  • miguksarammiguksaram Fort Meade, MDPosts: 826Member Uncommon

That sucks.  I loved my old Dell 3007 IPS monitor.

Originally posted by miguksaram

What sucks is the first one is having image retention issues now lol. Either way sending them both back tomorrow. Amazon has pulled them and have no issues giving refunds atm.

Ridiculous that the rejected lg panels the korean 3rd parties use have less issues than a premium panel.

What sucks is the first one is having image retention issues now lol. Either way sending them both back tomorrow. Amazon has pulled them and have no issues giving refunds atm.

Ridiculous that the rejected lg panels the korean 3rd parties use have less issues than a premium panel.

If by rejected LG panels you mean the "off brand" panels which are made up of LG panels then yeah.  That double standard I'm sure is fueled by some lined pockets.

Luckily there are plenty of other retailers you can pick up said panels from available online.

For what it's worth I purchased my old Dell 30 inch off ebay and was very pleased with what I received.

If by rejected LG panels you mean the "off brand" panels which are made up of LG panels then yeah.  That double standard I'm sure is fueled by some lined pockets.

Luckily there are plenty of other retailers you can pick up said panels from available online.

For what it's worth I purchased my old Dell 30 inch off ebay and was very pleased with what I received.

The korean panels are rejected by apple and dell. They are A- panels. The third party groups grab them for a much cheaper price and then pass it on while still making a nice mark up.

I try to avoid buying high end items off ebay because of warranty issues. I have a feeling my GPU will bite me in the ass one day lol.

The korean panels are rejected by apple and dell. They are A- panels. The third party groups grab them for a much cheaper price and then pass it on while still making a nice mark up.

I try to avoid buying high end items off ebay because of warranty issues. I have a feeling my GPU will bite me in the ass one day lol.

Don't get me wrong, Korean is my second language so I "get it".

Ebay, like other similar services (Craigslist), are a gamble but there are many ways to reduce possible risks.

Well newegg had one for $549 as a shell shocker and i couldn't resist. Well it didn't let me down.

So I skipped newegg and went to dell as the newegg was also of the same build date as the defect ones from amazon. Shame a premium panel is so terrible. However i'll get a good one dammit, just a matter of when. lol.

Dell is shipping me a new one with a different build date. We'll see if #4 is any better.

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,174Member Uncommon

Sorry to hear that, I have to say I am a bit shocked as well.

My U2412M is very nice, the black levels are very deep and uniform - it is a totally different panel, but similar line so I have to say I would have expected it. I had a several lower-end iMac displays that had some yellowing, but none to the degree that your pictures show, and none that were annoying enough for me to have repaired or replaced.

Originally posted by Ridelynn

Sorry to hear that, I have to say I am a bit shocked as well.

My U2412M is very nice, the black levels are very deep and uniform - it is a totally different panel, but similar line so I have to say I would have expected it. I had a several lower-end iMac displays that had some yellowing, but none to the degree that your pictures show, and none that were annoying enough for me to have repaired or replaced.

Ya this one is by far the worse of the 3, watching a 1080p show and during darker scenes it was like a freaking spotlight. My eyes couldn't ignore it and it was just to distracting. One would expect near perfection from all of dells ultrasharp series displays, its why people pay the premium.

I have a 27inch 2009 imac i use as a target display and it has a very very minor case of yellowing which is closer to just IPS glow. It is easily ignored though.

• tetsuo2501tetsuo2501 CopenhagenPosts: 1Member

Aori, how is the latest replacement doing? I've already had two: issues with brun in and bleed. And I'm wondering whether I should get a refund and buy something instead.

Dell's cust. support is quite good, I got both replacements the next business day.

Originally posted by tetsuo2501

Aori, how is the latest replacement doing? I've already had two: issues with brun in and bleed. And I'm wondering whether I should get a refund and buy something instead.

Dell's cust. support is quite good, I got both replacements the next business day.

My 4th hasn't arrived yet, more or less you can keep trying until you get a good one with dell. They gaurantee premium panels. We're not getting them.

4th Unit failed on me, got tired of dealing with dell indian support. Got a refund and switched to a new monitor.

Using the Viewsonic VP2770 1440p monitor. A bit bulky but its amazing. No bleeding, dead or stuck pixels. Pretty decent factory calibration.

Finally I can rest :p

• drbaltazardrbaltazar drummondville, QCPosts: 7,987Member
    Stick with Japan 100% made screen.or find one that is tested and recommended.using proper test.some make great HDTV but suck at monitor and vice versa.stick to mini display port mostly .HDMI is more HDTV.
  • bhugbhug earth, FLPosts: 1,033Member

from notes:
    tn monitor pixel fizz due to using dithering to increase colour depth and range, < response time, bad view angle; 120 or 240Hz support vs 60Hz, flimsy stand adjustment, dvi & displayPort input

ips (+color & view angle, >$, > ms), pva tech; mythical 120 Hz/2560x1440 display vs 60Hz and < 6ms response time; dhcp copy protection adds latency, scalers and video processors can introduce lag; multi input extra lag;

crt has very little latency; Current touch screen displays have an input latency of about 100 ms;

organic LED display, for example, if designed properly uses only 40 per cent of the power of a comparable LCD

24"/61cm, 27"/69cm (3m m2767pw), 42"/107cm, 4k2k quad hd, bendable oled.

atm using a 27" acer s271hl @ us$250 from Bestbuy (+$50 3 yr extended war) will not goto portrait mode, but for 250 can put up with that.
    a pair of 27" that needs like a four foot table just for the monitors! (and the center channel speaker does not fit under them)

? where are all the 120 & 240Hz monitors, about all i find are 60Hz ?

edit
    btw green screen on viewsonic 27" near war limit (check the customer reviews)