Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of races would you want to see in CU?

boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

Also explain them lore-wise.

I want to see some pygmy goblins defect and join Arthur's armies. They would be the first "dumb" short class in an MMO! Perfect for stealthers / CC-heavy casters (remember tanglers?) / evade-based tanks. Also they should have their characteristic monkey-jumping instead of running (important).

How it happened? After getting massacred for years by Camelot, some of them developed Stockholm syndrome and joined it.

Or... Arthur took some of them as babies and turned them into janissaries.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Comments

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Lurikeens, Firbolgs, Elves, Celts, Norsemen, Dwarves, Trolls, Kobolds, Britons, Highlanders, Avaolonians, Saracens, and while we're at it, Inconnus and Sylvans, I liked them to.
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

Dark Elves, High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizard People, Cat People, Orcs, Half-Elves, Arabians and Vikings.

~ just because I think it would be funny if CU copied TES.

• CluckingChickenCluckingChicken Member Posts: 54
    Dwarves x1000000

Also Goblins if they're done well.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

They need a vampire race, minotaur race, and a desert nomad race.

ps- This is me wanting some stuff back from Shadowbane.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Thupli

You know that would make a neat PvPE system.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Lurikeens, Firbolgs, Elves, Celts, Norsemen, Dwarves, Trolls, Kobolds, Britons, Highlanders, Avaolonians, Saracens, and while we're at it, Inconnus and Sylvans, I liked them to.

Well played, sir.. well played.

I would love to see Britons, Celts, Dwarves, Highlanders, Norsemen, and Lurikeens type races again.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

I wasn't around DAOC in the later expansions but I see they had Minotarus. I would love to see them in CU again, if they fit with the lore and other races.

Also I know centaurs were in DAOC but they weren't a playable race, would love to see if they were playable as wel, it'd be a nice mix with Minotaurs plus centaurs, though those are both from Greek (I'm not sure if they are part of Arthurian legends in any context outside DAOC).

I'ma huge fan of Greek mthology though so that's why I'd love to see either one playable in CU, though I can see some people might not think they should be playable, at least at first until you get more natural Arthurian races in.
  • QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Stiler

I wasn't around DAOC in the later expansions but I see they had Minotarus. I would love to see them in CU again, if they fit with the lore and other races.

Also I know centaurs were in DAOC but they weren't a playable race, would love to see if they were playable as wel, it'd be a nice mix with Minotaurs plus centaurs, though those are both from Greek (I'm not sure if they are part of Arthurian legends in any context outside DAOC).

I'ma huge fan of Greek mthology though so that's why I'd love to see either one playable in CU, though I can see some people might not think they should be playable, at least at first until you get more natural Arthurian races in.

Well, DAoC wasn't restricted to the Authurian Legends alone, indeed, I'm pretty sure those just take place in Albion, and have nothing to do with hib/mid...

And Centaurs were from TOA, which despite the crappy game-mechanics that TOA brought to the fold, TOA's areas, mobs, gear, etc, were absolutely stunning, I'd love to see some of that Greek Mythology brough back in some way, shape, or form, into CU...

That being the case, I should also point out that in CU, the Tuatha De Danann, and Viking Legends also aren't a part of Authurian Legends (I'm prett sure).

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    I hope they have a Race of sentient space cows
  • skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

they could totally have a dragon/humanoid race that came through the vale and joined one of the factions.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Thupli

Please no more vampires.  I am sick of vampires, they are bloody everywhere.  And no more zombies or werewolves for the same reason.  I would like to see little green men: lore, they are on holiday.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

Hah, i could just imagine it.

Some big knight on horseback charging at a little naked green man, then he pulls out a tiny laser gun and all that' sleft of the knight is a little pile of ash lol.

Well, DAoC wasn't restricted to the Authurian Legends alone, indeed, I'm pretty sure those just take place in Albion, and have nothing to do with hib/mid...

And Centaurs were from TOA, which despite the crappy game-mechanics that TOA brought to the fold, TOA's areas, mobs, gear, etc, were absolutely stunning, I'd love to see some of that Greek Mythology brough back in some way, shape, or form, into CU...

That being the case, I should also point out that in CU, the Tuatha De Danann, and Viking Legends also aren't a part of Authurian Legends (I'm prett sure).

Yeah, I knew it had Norse/Celtic mythology in it, but I know Minotaurs/Centaurs weren't part of them, just wasn't sure about Arthurian mythology. I like the mythology/story, but I am not well versed in it as others, so I wasn't sure if perhaps a minotaur or such existed in some form of the Arthruian mythology.

• EbonheartEbonheart Member Posts: 138

There are three races for each faction that are almost required for any Arthurian game like DAoC (and now CU).

Arthur-side --- Bretons, Saracens, and Highlanders.

Tree-side --- Celts, Elves, and Lurikeen.

Nord-side --- Norsemen, Dwarves, and Kobolds.

I wouldn't mind seeing Half-Ogres, Firbolgs, and Trolls either. Every factions needs a serious "strong-arm" race. The Inconnu, Sylvan, and Valkyn were pretty unique, especially the Valkyn with their no-sit animations and hunchback skip. I wouldn't mind seeing them introduced again, somehow.

The only race I absolutely do not want to see are Minotaurs. I'd pay another monthly fee not to have them.

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by Ebonheart

There are three races for each faction that are almost required for any Arthurian game like DAoC (and now CU).

I wouldn't mind seeing Half-Ogres, Firbolgs, and Trolls either. Every factions needs a serious "strong-arm" race. The Inconnu, Sylvan, and Valkyn were pretty unique, especially the Valkyn with their no-sit animations and hunchback skip. I wouldn't mind seeing them introduced again, somehow.

The only race I absolutely do not want to see are Minotaurs. I'd pay another monthly fee not to have them.

I agree on minotaurs. The only daoc race I didn't like at all. They moved like robots.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    The only races I'd want to see in this game are the Kentucky Derby or the women's 4 x 100 relay.
  • aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94

Tuatha: Celts, Sidhe/Elves (musthave since Tuatha in mithology were sidhes), maybe Bainshee (female) + Finliaths (male), Sylvan/Spraggons/Treants ... Mayvbe Firbolgs too since they are part of mythology

Vikings: Norse, Dwarves, Mosstrolls/Stonetrolls/Giants

Arthurian: Breton, Avalonian, Highlander, Saracen ... Well it just sounds like typical Albion, lol. Dragon-humanoids sound possible too.

No minotaurs pls. They wouldn't fit into any faction-mythology.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

cu cu cu, i do dislike this newage of let cut everything shorter cause it kewl.

whatever race thats not yet been used in other mmos would be nice to see in new titles.

Originally posted by Ebonheart

Why did you not like the minotaurs? Where they not implemented well or something? Did you find them not to "fit in" lore wise or something?

Just wondering, because I have always loved those style of creatures (Minotaur/centaur/greek things) and I'd really like to see them back in, since I never played TOA and experienced them. 

If it's because of poor animatin or skills, that's something they could tweak and fix up for CU.

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Wookie, Ewok, Gungan, and Zebrak.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

This is a tough one.  I would love a break from the unholy quartet: human/dwarf/elf/orc or, in other words: human race (celt, briton, norse) small race (dwarf, lurikeen, inconnu) magic race (elf, avalonian, frostalf) and giant race (firbolg, Half-ogre, Troll)  Sadly, it seems most people like it... and, admittedly, I like to play the small races.

So, in following that mold:

Tuatha: Human/Celt, Magical/Sidhe, Giant/Firbolg, Small race/Leprechaun(?)

Arthurian: Human/Briton, Magical/Fae, Giant/Ogre(?), Small race/Goblin(?)

Norse: Human/Norse, Magical/Vendo, Giant/Troll or Frost Giant, Small race/Dwarf

Not sure if each one fits the individual mythos.  I do NOT want to see vampires, werewolves, zombies, minotaurs, lizard people, dragon people, cow people, or any other kind of monster/animal/human hybrid manbearpigs!

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Wouldn't the idea of Werewolves, or at least a shapeshifting type of class fit in with Midgard though? I mean that was part of Norse mythology and such, and wolves themselves (and bears) as spirits and things were part of that.

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103

same!

sorry dobbel post!

Wouldn't the idea of Werewolves, or at least a shapeshifting type of class fit in with Midgard though? I mean that was part of Norse mythology and such, and wolves themselves (and bears) as spirits and things were part of that.

The Berserker class could transform into a bear in daoc so yeah!

• EbonheartEbonheart Member Posts: 138

Why did you not like the minotaurs? Where they not implemented well or something? Did you find them not to "fit in" lore wise or something?

Just wondering, because I have always loved those style of creatures (Minotaur/centaur/greek things) and I'd really like to see them back in, since I never played TOA and experienced them. 

If it's because of poor animatin or skills, that's something they could tweak and fix up for CU.

Primarily because they were out of place in the whole scheme of things.

They also had a giant head (+ giant horns) and looked ridiculous in armor, like a dog in human clothes.

In my opinion, they're just one of those races/species/beings that I think fit better as an NPC and tend to make things "silly" when they get introduced as a player character choice (unless the game is about minotaurs).