Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pathfinder Online: New Dev Blog Talks Crafting

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,572MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

One of the most popular game feature in any MMO is crafting. The latest Pathfinder Online developer blog lays out a lot of the details for crafting that are sure to excite players. The letter talks about the gathering/salvaging/looting process as well as refining, crafting,enchanting and much more.

The vast majority of gear in Pathfinder Online is player-crafted. Players acquire resource components through gathering, harvesting, looting, or salvaging. Most components have an intermediary step to refine them. Crafters then turn the refined components into usable gear and items. Sometimes there's even an additional step where usable items become components, such as with enchanting.

Throughout this entire process, each component and finished item has a quality rating. This rating ranges from 1 to 300, which is the same numerical range as skills. Quality rating is capped by the skills of the characters harvesting a resource, processing a component, or crafting an item, which means that the highest quality final goods require highly skilled characters to have been involved with the whole production process.

Read the full post on the Pathfinder Online site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• SaerainSaerain Barrington, RIPosts: 944Member Uncommon

Same day as the Camelot Unchained dev blog on crafting, huh? Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

Favorites: EVE, VG, LotRO | Playing: None | Anticipating: SC, ED, TD, EQN, CU
  • exile01exile01 arePosts: 244Member

really who cares, they game will be out 2017 . its like saying : i will buy a house in 3 years, lets see what decorations we have nowdays!

thats bullshit and i pity those that funded this project

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,491Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by exile01

really who cares, they game will be out 2017 . its like saying : i will buy a house in 3 years, lets see what decorations we have nowdays!

thats bullshit and i pity those that funded this project

Actually... the Early Enrollment folks (who funded the project) will be entering the world next summer if things go according to plan.  But, don't let honest info get in the way of a good tantrum.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Lexington, KYPosts: 354Member Uncommon
    I didn't support this game financially, but I wished I could.  It looks like a really good game coming up.  I'm going to try it!
  • KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Denton, TXPosts: 3,138Member
    Originally posted by Saerain

Same day as the Camelot Unchained dev blog on crafting, huh? Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

Well, technically the PFO blog came out on the 20th, 2 days ago. MMORPG.com is just late on acknowledging it. The CU blog came out today, the 22nd. PFO has been reliably relasing blogs every other Wednesday (2 days ago was wed.) for over have a year now.

Oh, and to further back slapshot, there is nothing 2017 about PFO as far as release. EE starts next spring/summer 2014 and normal relase will be a year later in 2015.

Khal

Backer and Early Enrollment 1st monther

ID # 110 :D

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Kickstarter 2 / Naysayers 0