Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Update 2.0 Arrives on PTS

2»

Comments

• jason95821jason95821 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by DaedalEVE
    Originally posted by jtcgs

/mind still boggled

Seriously? This is patch 2.0?

I still believe this company is hell bent on making sure this game does not live long or become successful as they have done literally nothing to fix the things that drove so many away, nor make the changes needed to get more F2P people to invest in the game

/sits back and waits for the few who actually have invested come rant and rave against reality.

So tell me... what exactly are the things that "drove so many away"? I'd like to know because I've been paying to play since launch, and I have yet to understand what these horrible game breaking bug/issues are that make it so impossible to play the game. Could someone (ANYONE) please tell me!?

only thing that got me to leave is i have a level 50 of each class ^_^  and do not like raids or pvp 

nothing to do with game being good or bad  just never bothered with the mmo part of the game lol 

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Looks good. Unfortunately, I still got to get my characters to max level so I will not be trying the content out on the PTS.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

I recently started playing DC Universe online which uses the Unreal 3 engine and on max settings has probably the smoothest gameplay besides Wow. SWTOR's engine was like playing while using a 56K modem.

My 1st thought after playing DCUO was: Why...with all of it's resources did BW and EA produce such a huge piece of crap? I pre-ordered 2 copies of the SWTOR Deluxe Edition for my wife and myself and it still makes me sick.

While DCUO online isn't the most compex and deep MMO on the market - SOE produced a VERY fun and immersive game with plenty of (much better than SWTOR) voiced cut scenes which are PART of the game...not THE game.

EA has a lot to answer to it's investors for throwing their money away.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

/mind still boggled

I still believe this company is hell bent on making sure this game does not live long or become successful as they have done literally nothing to fix the things that drove so many away, nor make the changes needed to get more F2P people to invest in the game

/sits back and waits for the few who actually have invested come rant and rave against reality.

So tell me... what exactly are the things that "drove so many away"? I'd like to know because I've been paying to play since launch, and I have yet to understand what these horrible game breaking bug/issues are that make it so impossible to play the game. Could someone (ANYONE) please tell me!?

See my last comment above

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by NC-John
    man they give you content and the people complain?.. what a group todays gamers are.

Give you content? All of the "level 55 Hardmode Flashpoints" are rehashed lower level ones..not a single new FP.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Still essentially building on the WoW formula, even after all of months of diminishing population and complaints from customers. It's amazing because SWTOR is the seinfeld episode of MMOs, no learning occurs.

It should be called update .20, because at this point the game is about 20% of a playable MMO.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• DaedalEVEDaedalEVE Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by echolynfan

/mind still boggled

So what you're saying is that you had subjective issues with the game, not that there was anything objectively wrong with it or actually game breaking? Because I never experienced anything wrong with the engine, nor the cut scenes. The only technical issues I had at all (or continue to have now and then) relate to the updater freezing up occasionally (which go back to a workaround I had to do to get the beta client to install). It's something that ccan likely be addressed be doing a complete reinstall, but I'm far too lazy to do that and redo my settings, hud, etc. all over again.

It seems like most of the cries by others of "horrible crimes commited against humanity" by this game are nothing more than the opinions (dare I say "mad rantings") of  lassitudinously minded children who don't even play it. 

/mind still boggled

So what you're saying is that you had subjective issues with the game, not that there was anything objectively wrong with it or actually game breaking? Because I never experienced anything wrong with the engine, nor the cut scenes. The only technical issues I had at all (or continue to have now and then) relate to the updater freezing up occasionally (which go back to a workaround I had to do to get the beta client to install). It's something that ccan likely be addressed be doing a complete reinstall, but I'm far too lazy to do that and redo my settings, hud, etc. all over again.

It seems like most of the cries by others of "horrible crimes commited against humanity" by this game are nothing more than the opinions (dare I say "mad rantings") of  lassitudinously minded children who don't even play it. 

No..I'm saying that the game just SUCKS ..period. The game engine is a joke...the cut scenes are most of the game (and what EA spent most of it's budget on) PVP sucks....quests are boring...the worlds are devoid of life...no weather changes etc...mobs spaced out like a 3 year old placed them and crafting (especially end game) crafting is worthless.

Of course...you don't have to take just my word for it...just ask all the other people of left SWTOR an empty stink pile. F2P won't even help this game and I'm guessing that the game will die sooner than later.

Oh...and btw - I played during beta and for 1 month afterward and I'm 48 years old.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

/mind still boggled

If enough people hold a subjective opinion which makes them leave a game, than that 'subjective opinion' becomes a factor in why the game is failing, i.e. it is a 'fact' the company should address.

So, for example, one thing that made me quit was the 'compartmentalized' feel of the game. Loading screen after loading screen in addition to invisible walls is a feature I don't like. That is subjective opinion. But lots of people hold that opinion, enough, that some, like me left the game at least in part due to it.

Technically there is nothing wrong, but it is a fact people are leaving due to their opinion about how the game was constructed. 

If BW is happy with those who don't care about that, than it isn't a factor at all, but imo, they seem to think this game should be bigger than WoW. Probably, they should look at the trending opinions to find the facts about why it isn't.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

/mind still boggled

No..I'm saying that the game just SUCKS ..period. The game engine is a joke...the cut scenes are most of the game (and what EA spent most of it's budget on) PVP sucks....quests are boring...the worlds are devoid of life...no weather changes etc...mobs spaced out like a 3 year old placed them and crafting (especially end game) crafting is worthless.

Of course...you don't have to take just my word for it...just ask all the other people of left SWTOR an empty stink pile. F2P won't even help this game and I'm guessing that the game will die sooner than later.

Oh...and btw - I played during beta and for 1 month afterward and I'm 48 years old.

I thought the story was pretty good .. although, yes, the cutscnes were annoying [ I'd rather have Half Life 2 story delivery ]. Example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM9QoP3ghlo

The rest, pretty much on the mark .. shitty game engine, can't handle multiplayer over ~ 16 players, or it chokes, gags, wheezes, gasps, burps (exponentially less than 24 fps).  Of course less than that threshhold was where the game was sold, because a solo person goes to 100 fps.  Get near a group, at the GTN (Auction House), or a bank, or another populated spot and watch this monster tumble into the ground.

Ilum was pulled because it was unplayable.  Yeah, get the same amount of people in the starting gate of WoW's Alterac Valley, and the game turned into a slideshow.

It's no wonder why EA didn't want to promote PVP with the Gree Event!

Too many people in one spot makes SWTOR look bad.  Essentially any number greater than 16, which coincidentally is the raid cap, and the pvp cap (8 vs 8).  What a coincidence (maybe EA knows the game more than the defenders).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• vadess40vadess40 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    I'm disappointed yet again that BW doesn't seem to want to fix SWTOR. A 2.0 version update is usually something to look forward to, but not this time it seems.

And yet you still can come here and complain. I'll never understand why people who don't like the game waste their time coming back to it time and time again. Be nice if I had your free time.

On a more positive note, I really enjoy what's on the PTS server so far, especially Scum and Villainy! It takes what I loved about TFB and makes it better, plus adds quite a few very unique things. Some of the new moves the enemy NPCs have and the new boss fights are so mind boggling and yet so rewarding once they are beaten down!!!!

I also really like what they did with the juggernauts. My rage building is almost a non-issue with the vengeance tree. My only one complaint would be the CDs for my big moves are a bit long. If they were to shrink them a little bit, then it would be almost perfect.