Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Last Train to Cairo Previewed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new post has cropped up on The Secret World's official site that brings Indiana Jones to mind. Players are given a hint to next month's update called "The Last Train to Cairo". The update will feature new main and side quests and a new weapon, the whip. Lastly, the final battle will take place atop a speeding train. If that doesn't scream Indiana Jones, nothing does!

In addition to the many missions in the new story line, and their side missions which can be taken to gain powerful rewards, Issue #6; The Last Train to Cairo, also offers the new and unique Whip Auxilliary weapon.

The vicious Whip can be used for great area damage, but also for buffing your team or sneaky crowd control. Use the Whip to encourage your team mates to run faster or snare tricky opponents and pull them towards you.

Read more about Issue 6 on The Secret World's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    EEENTERESTING.... :D I look forward to using a sword, a machine gun... and a whip!

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    I will be there in March..for now busy with AOC and Vanguard. But i will be there..ready with my whip!

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

"Use the Whip to encourage your team mates to run faster or snare tricky opponents and pull them towards you."

Run ye serf *cracks whip* run like the baying hounds were after you.... *cracks whip again* Such a good motivator. =P

Sounds like a fun update

This have been a good conversation

• KatbirdKatbird Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Can't wait!
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Funcom and TSW does quest content better than anyone in the biz; this game is woefully underrepresented and praised.  Their last content release was amazing as well.
  • PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

Snakes.....why did it have to be snakes?

>_>

Just kidding     ^_^

I think this sounds neat....this will be the fourth auxilery weapon......I just wonder what the other ones will be.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Go Funcom!

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Madness!

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

haha read this this morning on their facebook page!

Its a little indiana jones -but iam so cought in the early zones and issue #5 after that- that iam sure ill enjoy this issue when iam ready!

this game has been a blast so far- and nice to see mmorpg.com reads feedback from their fanbase.

became an instant fan of this mmo , now cant wait to start doin my TSW weekend marathon!!!-LOL

• PandahPandah Member CommonPosts: 5
    This is a really exciting DLC. The whip looks awesome... 
  • WillyMMORPGWillyMMORPG Member UncommonPosts: 78

OP and the official Funcom write-up forgot to mention the most important tidbit of news (semi) related to the release of Issue 1.6.

They. Have. Released. A. ******FEZ****** in the item store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meet me at the Shriner's convetion in Seoul and don't forget to LIKE The Secret World on FEZ-Book!!!!

• Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Looks good :)
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Awesome only how many months late? How many more  months until next update? Worst lifetime purchase ever made SMH

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    New adventure and a custom made whip for it.  Awesome!!!
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Looks very good.  Love the Raiders of the Lost Ark look, with the whip.

Definitely looking forward to it.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

So whatever happened to the monthly updates? They ever going to keep that promise?

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• WillyMMORPGWillyMMORPG Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    So whatever happened to the monthly updates? They ever going to keep that promise?

Read the official forums. They restructured all of Funcom's offices, consolidating personnel under one roof, so real life takes time to move xxx qty people together from the four corners of the world, they don't have access to Argatha portals (that we know of).

They just had to release a ton of their staff, have a little common decency.

Originally posted by WillyMMORPG

Read the official forums. They restructured all of Funcom's offices, consolidating personnel under one roof, so real life takes time to move xxx qty people together from the four corners of the world, they don't have access to Argatha portals (that we know of).

They have been laying off since launch its no excuse, obviously they have no intention to keep their promise. Sad.

PS3

Originally posted by Draemos

They have been releasing staff since launch. They will be releasing more for failing to hold up to their promise of service.

PS3

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

They have been releasing staff since launch. They will be releasing more for failing to hold up to their promise of service.

Instead of kvetching, do a little research, like I did.  Almost all studios release people once the game is released.   The people released are ones no longer needed; not because the studio is having financial problems.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

excitement level 110%

and give me my damn fedora for god's sake

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Do some research you twit, they just closed down several offices and consolidated their team a couple months ago.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Looking forward to Issue 6 and good to see things back on track!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Love this themepark. By far my favorite.

Joined - July 2004