Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Live Letter Q&A

AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60806-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-V-Q-A-Updates

Lots and lots of new info in this one including confirmation that Summoner will be in at launch, new details on the FATE system and some hints at future content updates.

It sounds like they still have a few surprises up their sleeve as well...

Comments

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Bunny males too weird!?  Does SE even KNOW how many women and gay men play their games?  Almost all of FFXI right now is women and gay men!

*aside* but of course they know... Vaan + Balthier + Tidus + Snow + Hope + et all... they know very well their audiance ;)

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Hehe, I find it amusing that Viera males would be considered 'weird' yet Mi'qote/Mithra males were one of the most demanded features of both XI and XIV...
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Edeus
    Bunny males too weird!?  Does SE even KNOW how many women and gay men play their games?  Almost all of FFXI right now is women and gay men!

*aside* but of course they know... Vaan + Balthier + Tidus + Snow + Hope + et all... they know very well their audiance ;)

I really don't understand the direction they took with the series.. Pre... X2 there were semi serious characters. Post that, They have midget humanoid and furry creature characters...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I've noticed that out of all the 48 questions ppl were asking, only 1 of them was about PVP, which don't bother me none ^^, makes me think the community is gona treat this game more like ffxi in its glory days, well i shure hope so :)

FFXI made me fall in love with online PVE, and never did care for PVP in other games. Guss im one of those oldschool mmo type of person.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Dzone

I've noticed that out of all the 48 questions ppl were asking, only 1 of them was about PVP, which don't bother me none ^^, makes me think the community is gona treat this game more like ffxi in its glory days, well i shure hope so :)

FFXI made me fall in love with online PVE, and never did care for PVP in other games. Guss im one of those oldschool mmo type of person.

I think of all the major upcoming releases FFXIV is the most likely to appeal to that oldschool crowd. It won't be the same as XI, not by a long shot, but if anything can recapture some of the feelings I had in that game I'd bet it's this. The original launch may have been a disaster but it simply wasn't a finished game as far as I'm concerned... ARR has a fairly impressive feature list going for it now.