Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The evolution of the game

UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Middletown, OHPosts: 518Member

There are several things I remember from my first MMORPG EQ that makes me wish more games had.

1 Class Quests : I loved my class quests it made me feel like I had earned something toward character progression like a new skill or a piece of equipment with higher stats than my level should have( For Example: The totem quests in WoW loved them made me feel like I was teaching my shaman how to commune with the elements)

2. Difficulty: Refering back to vanilla when you saw someone strutting around in Highwarlord/Grand Marshall or any tier gear it meant something, now it seems games want to hand out stuff to everyone.  I want to feel challenged, no game I've played recently has done that in fact they seem easier and easier

3. Secrets:  I would like to see something in a game that isn't common knowledge and I know that this is probably time relevant but its stil something I want, like maybe all the vendor trash you been selling is actually used to make a BAMF weapon or a key to a dungeon.  Not sure how this one could work but I still want it lol.

Anything you guys seen or remember that you want to see more of?

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

Comments

• MightyChasmMightyChasm londonPosts: 298Member
    Originally posted by UngoHumungo

There are several things I remember from my first MMORPG EQ that makes me wish more games had.

3. Secrets:  I would like to see something in a game that isn't common knowledge and I know that this is probably time relevant but its stil something I want, like maybe all the vendor trash you been selling is actually used to make a BAMF weapon or a key to a dungeon.  Not sure how this one could work but I still want it lol.

Anything you guys seen or remember that you want to see more of?

I remember in vanilla wow the 1st aid book you could buy in arathi highlands and then sell at a huge profit because so few people new where the vendor was.  That was cool.  

• StonesDKStonesDK SomewherePosts: 1,805Member

There's more I don't miss, than things I missed about EQ. EQ was an elitists wet dream. A griefers paradise and crazy timesinks for the sake of just having them