Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The culling bugs are worse than you think--and unlikely to ever receive anything more than a half-ba

1235»

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by ennymith

I never played enough of the just plain awful WvW implementation to ever see the culling issue, so this has never been on my radar.

Then, recently I find Orr dynamic events which draw more than 5 players have become unplayable jokes due to some "fix" patched in for culling. 

Previously I never had any issues with huge zergs in Orr. and I was impressed.  Lots of players and mobs with minimal fps reduction.

This latest patch has ruined Orr and zergs in any zone. 

From a distance all you see are an occasional particle effect, no mobs, no players.

Get close and you might see 3 or 4 mobs, but they are being jerked around by invisible forces.

You have no idea if there are 5 to 50 players present. 

Often the DE can end before you ever see another player materialize. 

This is a fundament baseline function which is currently in a FAIL state. 

Want to convince potential game buyers to avoid this game? Show them a video of invisible zergs in Orr.

Never seen that and I have been in many 50 person events in Orr. I have also never seen culling either.

Ever think it could be your connection and/or PC issue? Just asking....

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by TheYear1500
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by ennymith

I never played enough of the just plain awful WvW implementation to ever see the culling issue, so this has never been on my radar.

Then, recently I find Orr dynamic events which draw more than 5 players have become unplayable jokes due to some "fix" patched in for culling. 

Previously I never had any issues with huge zergs in Orr. and I was impressed.  Lots of players and mobs with minimal fps reduction.

This latest patch has ruined Orr and zergs in any zone. 

From a distance all you see are an occasional particle effect, no mobs, no players.

Get close and you might see 3 or 4 mobs, but they are being jerked around by invisible forces.

You have no idea if there are 5 to 50 players present. 

Often the DE can end before you ever see another player materialize. 

This is a fundament baseline function which is currently in a FAIL state. 

Want to convince potential game buyers to avoid this game? Show them a video of invisible zergs in Orr.

imageimageimage

It is al invisibl- there are another 500 players in this picture.

Not bad for a game with a dying population, hmm?

too bad you can't see those 500 players.  Perhaps they are invisibl?

Thst is the letter culling engine plain tris on you.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    You can also use culling to describe a joke that went over someone's head.