It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Thanks for all the replies to last thread on how how goofy GW2 is, but as usual small minds make big assumptions. Let me clarify a few things...
1. I have hated WoW since Lich King
2. I am not a dueling fanatic
3. I came into GW2 with high hopes, yes that first week was super fun.
4. GW2 is not the game I was looking for. I am still in love with Ultima Online circa 2000, after Rennaisance but before Trammel expansion.
5. I tried at least 10 guilds in GW2 and just like in WoW, it was obvious that guild chat was for people who were level 80 and everyone else needs to STFU.
6. Crafting still blows, say whatever you want--doesn't change the fact that the curve is way too steep (except for Jeweler) and resources way to scarce. Too many components, too much crap. EXAMPLE: by the time I had a toon I was ready to level to 80 i had made several toons and gathered my ass off. I had tons of mats in the bank. I went to the cooking place and with all those mats I did not have what I needed to earn one point of skill. RIDICULOUS.
One last point that fits into JUST BAD LUCK category--I had no idea on day one how to pick a server to play on, so I did it randomly. OF COURSE my server has not won at WvW in the 3 weeks I have played. last night they were tied for second and chat erupted given the news. It would cost MONEY to move from this nooby server.