Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] DayZ: Hopes for DayZ

2»

Comments

• ltd85ltd85 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The hacker problem has been addressed, there is a youtube video with the devs talking about that.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by madmikethegm

I would be more into DayZ if it was really about surviving zombies.  I admit that I've never played it, but from everything I have seen and read regarding the game it has zero to do with surviving zombies and everything to do with surviving the other players.

Perhaps my assessment of this game is incorrect, but I've seen no evidence to contradict that.

Your opinion is noted but not mine.

DayZ is all about surviving other players plus zombies i hope they keep it that way and some hardcore more i realy don't wanta ezmode game keep it HARDCORE.

And get ones and for all rid of cheaters HACKERS they ruined DayZ mod.

DayZ is by far BEST EVER zombie ralistic survival game.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by znaiika
    Originally posted by wesjr
    I just hope that the hacker problems are addressed better, hackers in perm death do not mix well.

This ^^

And, this game is a mod, arma2 is required to play DayZ, I'd reather play it as single player, because of hacking.

No one would fix hacking, because of demand to buy a game after bans.

The current DayZ does require ARMA II + OA yes.. but DayZ standalone will not need ARMA II..

But yes I guess hacking is the main issue. A guy I game with has helped develop another mod called Wasteland and they have put in quite a few anti hack things into this mod but its still mainly things the mods have to manually do..

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    There are always going to be ESP cheats in FPS games.  The cheat sites have been around for a LONG time, and they have never been fixed to a point that they can no longer make these kinds of cheats.  Wallhacking will always be a problem, and in a perma-death game where you can potentially lose hours worth of gear grinding, it makes the game unplayable.  The same kind of hack that is currently being used in The War Z is also being used in games like BF3, Counter Strike etc.  The difference?  The other games are not perma-death, and in large scale team based games, hackers still get killed by non-hacking players all the time.  There's also much LESS reason to hack in a game like that.  In a game like DayZ or WarZ where you are often times playing alone, you stand zero chance against someone wallhacking and aimbotting.  Not to mention the game is based on obtaining LOOT.  People will easily pay 10 dollars a month for a hack that enables them to easily kill you and take all of your awesome weapons that you spent hours or days farming.  As exciting as this genre of games is, I am highly doubting there will ever be one that isn't FULL of hackers.  /rant