Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you buy GW2 now, after you have played it?

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    This makes for an easy "yes".

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I would have preferred a choice of.................. "H_LL NO  I wouldn't buy it", but had to settle for the next best thing to convey my deep disappointment for the WvW debacle.
  • SchroesCatSchroesCat Member UncommonPosts: 44

I respect A-Net for what they are good at: Nice artwork, nice programming, smooth-overall operation. 

I liked GW 1, because combat is frentic and exciting. I loathed GW 1 because it was just NOT "roleplay".

GW 2 is a bit nicer in graphics and all.. and it could be such a beautiful game. But it is just not. It is just plain boring. I know I got bored after a few weeks. So bored I don't ever boot it up again.  It has nothing but style and graphics. That is just not enough. 

Combat is boring compared to GW 1. Roleplay is just as bad as GW 1. So, summa-summarum I think GW 1 is better. At least it has exciting combat.

I knew what to expect. I knew that A-Net have no clue about the roleplaying faction of the gamers, and they never said they had. So I cannot really blame them. But I blame them for having such a nice product and such a skillful company - and yet not giving a damn crap about us roleplayers, about the non-main-stream-cats... that this will be the last A-Net product I bought. Don't tell me it would be so "uber-costly" to experiment some. It is not. It is just not worth it, for you. 

The cats from A-Net want only the main-stream? Cool. Have it. But not me, anymore. I have lost faith. And my experience with their support (just a minor problem) was also shitty. A-Net is mainstream, fat and not interested in anything but the big cash, if you ask me. Good for them. Not good for me. So I'll move on.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Without a doubt I would have still bought a copy for me and my wife. I have gotten great value out of the game and enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't. The game is lacking in some things I feel are needed to keep me playing it every chance I get, but I still log in quite a bit of time with my buddies.

I do, however, wonder why the OP along with itgrowls continue to post over here so much when it is clear they do not like the game or the direction it has taken. Feel free to move on and stop sounding like spurned lovers, it's just a game and there are other options out there. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    I only played for a week, and was unfathomably bored in half that time... however, at the time I was on the "Maybe I'll play it again someday" bandwagon, but that's not happened, and it's been 5 or 6 months. So I'd definitely say I wish I had that $60 right about now.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Absolutely, without a doubt.  I'm not sure there's ever been a game that has given me more entertainment per dollar.  I'd have to think on that before I could confirm for sure, but either way, GW2 is certainly near the very top in that category.  
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Probably not, while I got 400 hours out of it I buy MMOs with the hope I can play them for minimum of a half year, GW2 got me just a little over a month.

If anything i'd wait until it went on sale 4-5 months down the road.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I probably wouldnt buy it..

If were going to compare MMO's to single player games,I could easily say games like TES and Fallout type games last you much longer for the price.Ive been playing Fallout 3 alone for about 2 years now.

I used to play EQ,Asheron's Call,Daoc , and a few other MMO's hardcore. I played them for years,not a couple months.

Its based on preference really, my taste of MMO's come from the dawn of the MMO age,not todays standards.

There are exceptions,I think The Secret World is worth the price just by the sheer uniqueness of it.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by tank017

If were going to compare MMO's to single player games,I could easily say games like TES and Fallout type games last you much longer for the price.Ive been playing Fallout 3 alone for about 2 years now.

I used to play EQ,Asheron's Call,Daoc , and a few other MMO's hardcore. I played them for years,not a couple months.

Its based on preference really, my taste of MMO's come from the dawn of the MMO age,not todays standards.

There are exceptions,I think The Secret World is worth the price just by the sheer uniqueness of it.

You mean to say you've played Fallout 3 for 2 years.  Straight?  What in the world have you been doing in it?  There's a lot of content to that game, but not 2 years worth.  Oh, did you mean you played it for a month or two and then went back to it later and played some more off and on for 2 years?  Yea I could see that. 

Fallout 3 does not have 2 years of content in it.  Not even close.  I did absolutely everything there was to do in that game in a month easy, ignoring the story stuff just so I could explore the entirity of it. 

Now if you've been playing on and off for 2 years I get that.  Of course.....you could do that with GW2 as well.  So your point is entirely missed by me.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Probably not. Seems I wasted 60 bucks.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    YES, it's a good investment

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by tank017

You mean to say you've played Fallout 3 for 2 years.  Straight?  What in the world have you been doing in it?  There's a lot of content to that game, but not 2 years worth.  Oh, did you mean you played it for a month or two and then went back to it later and played some more off and on for 2 years?  Yea I could see that. 

Fallout 3 does not have 2 years of content in it.  Not even close.  I did absolutely everything there was to do in that game in a month easy, ignoring the story stuff just so I could explore the entirity of it. 

Now if you've been playing on and off for 2 years I get that.  Of course.....you could do that with GW2 as well.  So your point is entirely missed by me.

Does anyone play a game every single day for years when they say they play a game for years? probably not..

Its more likely they go back to it.I'll play Fallout 3 for a couple months,take a break and go back for a couple more.Ive also been fooling around with a lot of mods,which logs me more game time.

so yes,Ive been going back to Fallout 3 for about 2 years. Im actively playing it now.

As for GW2,I havent played it for months and have no urge to return.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Second best 60+ purchase I've ever made.

The first was on a...sensual website for Valentine's Day.

Objectively, I feel that people who purchased on January 28th and beyond will feel much better about the game then those who bought on launch or were waiting 5 years. And I'm one of those who waited.

Just to be clear...I love this game.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• LeigekillerLeigekiller Member Posts: 1
    got hacked, ok took a week to restore and resecure, and then adding their email security.  a week later got hacked again no notifications via email like I was supposed to get, lost all my gear and 500G, they will not restore.  I won't play again, no point if I can lose whatever I have earned randomly.
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    I've logged close to 950 hours combined between two accounts. I'm still having a lot of fun and still play at least four hours a day. So, yes, indeed I'd buy it again and I'd recommend the game to anyone I know that enjoys MMOs. GW2 clearly offers the best value for the purchase price out of any MMO, perhaps ever. It's definitely one of the best, if not the best, MMO, ever. It's also one of the best PC games of the last decade, period.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Best $60 worth of entertainment for 5 months of MMO gaming since Asheron's Call.  Taking a break till more content is added but the game is a massive win in my book.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Hell yes I would buy it again, and seeing as how the near 370 guild members that came over with me are still logging in and kicking backside in WvWvW...game is a success...and the fact that it doesnt please most former DaoC fans, its a major success.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

I would buy it because it gave me 220 playhours for only 40 euro before i quit it due to the game being boring endgame.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    I also got pretty bored after a few months, but would I buy it again? For sure. I got great entertainment for those few months.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

I don't regret pre-purchasing the game. I'd still buy it, and I'd still promote it to like-minded friends.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

500 hours since launch plus some 100+ hours in betas/stress tests and still feel I barely scratched the surface of the game.

Not only I don't regret it, i've already spent more than the price box in microtransactions to ifurther mprove my experience in the game.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174

There is no point to Guild Wars 2 once you hit 80. There is nothing to strive for, nothing that matters, no way to truly progress.

This game needs

-Housing

-All gear is player made and useable in all forms of pvp

-PvP needs to have way more rewards and much more meaning

This is such a beautiful game, so polished, it just has no point. I have no idea how people continue to play 2 weeks after they hit 80. I tried to log back in but there is just no point, there is nothing to do that matters.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Cothor

There is no point to Guild Wars 2 once you hit 80. There is nothing to strive for, nothing that matters, no way to truly progress.

This game needs

-Housing

-All gear is player made and useable in all forms of pvp

-PvP needs to have way more rewards and much more meaning

This is such a beautiful game, so polished, it just has no point. I have no idea how people continue to play 2 weeks after they hit 80. I tried to log back in but there is just no point, there is nothing to do that matters.

Exactly this... I did WvW and Spvp to death, I ran all the 80 dungeons all paths at least once then I said... what now? Been many months since I have logged in.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

YES. I would buy it still. I would however council myself to spend nothing in the gem shop, avoid crafting till 80 (maybe forever,) and note which classes rock for the things I like to do while playing and which suck. I'd also develop a betyter gear management plan.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

tough question, to go with the obvious as i dont play it anymore NO.

but then agian i did enjoy it for a while and i felt i got my monies worth.

but it is impossable for me to answer a question like this honestly because, hyilogical word thingiy questions are just that.

silly

i cant predict what i would do at any given time because i dont know what i would be thinking then.

ok im getting to complicated and sily for a simple questions so ill play silly bugger instead

the game was fun but i dont play anymore, would i buy it now knowing what i know now, probally not, but do i think it was woreth paying for in the first place yes i do caus ei had fun for several months

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.