Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu PvE video

GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

http://youtu.be/hDtiQRk0dLU

just a montage of twilight village because

a) I like the word Montage

b) This is the PvE in the game.

Comments

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

PVE in this game makes me want to punt a kitten...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by fldash

It takes a second no doubt. It's less Lich King and more Patchwork. At the same time what made me really start to dig them is that PvP is even in the PvE! Bosses summoning players for adds really adds something to the encounter, it keeps it fresh. 

The dungeons and raids a long too. That's a big chabge from Blizzards "A dungeon over lunch" concept.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by bcbully

It takes a second no doubt. It's less Lich King and more Patchwork. At the same time what made me really start to dig them is that PvP is even in the PvE! Bosses summoning players for adds really adds something to the encounter, it keeps it fresh. 

The dungeons and raids a long too. That's a big chabge from Blizzards "A dungeon over lunch" concept.

Is there really no combat diversity, it kind of looks like everyone is the same and doing the same thing?
  • injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142
    Take a group of your best friends in real life, get them to do a Green Cloud Castle run just once, and by the end, you will no longer be friends with any of them. That's how bad the pve is in this game. 
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    ^ lol.

Unfortunately pve is one of the few downsides in AoW. Despite players being added and mechanics like putting out fires I find it extremely boring.

I actually get pissed that I'm forced to run instances for some of the rares. Well I'm not forced to but you get my point people who want to make $ have to run GCC, etc.

Maybe its the fact that all bosses are just Asian guys with different names, but I had much more fun taking down frostjarls and baradrons in Dark fall.

But meh this game has enough freedom for me to never do dungeons and just steal scripts for income but I always feel like I'm missing out.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic
    ^ lol. Unfortunately pve is one of the few downsides in AoW. Despite players being added and mechanics like putting out fires I find it extremely boring. I actually get pissed that I'm forced to run instances for some of the rares. Well I'm not forced to but you get my point people who want to make $ have to run GCC, etc. Maybe its the fact that all bosses are just Asian guys with different names, but I had much more fun taking down frostjarls and baradrons in Dark fall. But meh this game has enough freedom for me to never do dungeons and just steal scripts for income but I always feel like I'm missing out.

Indeed that may be one of the biggest things that makes this pve different from every other pve I have ever played (And I have played a lot of mmo's), everything is human. The big bad boss at the end? Another human, maybe he has a mask or some such or a odd looking weapon but he is the same shape and size as the  mobs you just plowed through to get to him.

World boss? Human, it might take 24 people to take him down but he is just a human toon.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Is there really no combat diversity, it kind of looks like everyone is the same and doing the same thing?

it looks just like that yea, and it also looks like movement alot but nothing happens. glad i never fallen for this one =p

Originally posted by snapfusion

The first group was more diverse, you may notice the group composition changes half way through the video, the first run was a hard mode, but it fell apart so I ran it with a second group. The second group was a common mode and we were way over powered for the dungeon so we only had 5 people 2 of them were the same class (the guys in the blue school outfits) and the last boss also uses skills similar to that class....so the last fight looked like a wudang-athon.

But this is a melee type combat game, there are a few ranged skills but they normally make up a small part of most peoples skill set and not the most powerful part, so almost everyone is up in someones face with something hitting them, there are no fireballs or archers or steam punk guns going off, just people hitting things in the face with melee type objects (and tangman throwing darts and royal guards with the chains). There are over 30 types of skill sets you can learn but I am not trying to sell this game's pve, it is what it is, and I do not know what the future dungeons will bring as far as mechanics or differences. I could never do a Green cloud castle  video this way as the bosses have skills that would kill me without a UI to warn me a skill was about to be used by them (or maybe if I was on audio chat with players who yelled run at the right time)

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

world boss no3 fire turtle

no2 snow ape

no1 "vulture"

Originally posted by AresPL

world boss no3 fire turtle

no2 snow ape

no1 "vulture"

So they are not humans? I always thought a non human "boss character" would be more epic due to the lack of seeing them that much.

For instance in Terra lots of mobs  looks awesome...but by the same token, awesome becomes the norm after a while.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

soon RU and NA version should add something like champions which will spawn near big cities like chengdu with current lvls they will require like 50 ppl to beat, later they will add raids, on our server 100+ppl killed turtle in few min, but snow ape.. at that time (ppl had max 5k hp) it was problem as he hit 3k, now when people have above 7k hp its easier /  trying to find them now to make SS

they arent spawned atm so here are pics from chinese webs

snow ape  http://www.aipai.com/c12/NDw3JiQqIGgnaiEp.html