Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Neverwinter: The Best and Worst of Neverwinter Beta

1235»

Comments

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by ragz45
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by ragz45
    Originally posted by umcorian

Wow. Based on this article, it looks like Cryptic is about to land a dragon-sized egg with this one. *Five* character classes? Really? You're going to have a game like D&D, known for it's infinite diversity of characters... and have less than half the classes of your average competitors? 

Cryptic, IMHO, has been somewhat second rate. Phenominal artistic direction in all their titles, but very very skimpy on substance. 

Yea 5 classes at release is a HUGE mistake here.  I was about to click purchase on the $200 founders pack, and then heard in the livestrem here that there was only 5 classes.  I immediatly exited out.

If they ever add more classes I may join in the game as it's FTP, but after release I won't have nearly the hype I had a few days ago to pony up $200.  So I can almost guarntee I won't be spending nearly that much money if I join at a later date.

Huge blunder on Cryptic's part here.

Do you even read the whole threads or do you jsut post non chalantly thinking the first thing that pops in your head.  I showed proof, datamined proof early in this thread there are 2 unnanounced classes being actively worked on and most likely will make release or shortly after (like within a month first patch kind of release) which brings the class count to 7, arguably jsut as many if not more then any other MMO to release with.  Plus the fact their primary motive for content is new classes.

I understand that they will release additional classes later, but you seem to have missed the point of my post.  If they do (which I'm sure they will)  I along with many other people will come to the game at a later time.  But at that time I will not be buying the 200 dollar founders pack.  Which I would have bought originally.  That is where cryptic is making their blunder.  By purpously holding on to those additional classes to monotize them later.  They are actually making me not want to buy the founders pack.  

I am not saying I will not play, just that i won't pony up 200 that I orignally was going to for it.

By 'later' they mean pretty much immediately after launch.  There are 'nature' nodes everywhere, which are unusable by any of the current classes.  It is pretty obvious that this will be for rangers / druids.  I have no doubt that they will be premium classes, but I would expect them within the first month of launch considering the game already seems to cater to them.

Any class can open nature nodes, you just have to purchase the skill consumable that allows any class to have 3 mins of nature, dungeoneering, etc.  

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by olepi

"At best, Cryptic hopes to hit the core RPG archetypes needed for a trinity type of game to function on a basic level at launch."

Wow, that bad eh?

Guess he missed the memo that while the rest of the teams are working on the classes already in game, the art department and designers are working on the next series of classes. At least that's what I heard Zeke say in his interview with Totalbiscuit.