Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Hour In - Age of Wushu - The Hiveminded

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUO8WoSry-k&feature=player_embedded

i don't know why but i thought this was really funny..

also anyone know when the UI localization is supposed to be done? really this is the main reason I didn't give this one more of a shot

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

You know. That's a pretty good review of the first hour lol. I didn't figure out how cultivation and xp worked for about a week. 

One thing. Somehow, Idk how, they seemed to have killed the 2 gold selling sites that spammed all day. They just vanished the weekend before last. You might catch a couple messages from them a week now. 

No clue when the update will be. I would suspect in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I wouldn't wait on it though, they aren't that bad :p

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bcbully

You know. That's a pretty good review of the first hour lol. I didn't figure out how cultivation and xp worked for about a week. 

One thing. Somehow, Idk how, they seemed to have killed the 2 gold selling sites that spammed all day. They just vanished the weekend before last. You might catch a couple messages from them a week now. 

No clue when the update will be. I would suspect in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I wouldn't wait on it though, they aren't that bad :p

something about his humor was very random and family guyish.. just cracked me up.. anyway yea overall was a decent hour overview though and how many probably percieve the game right away.. i'm waiting for the localization patch to come in and ill give this game another try as I liked some of the ideas but the UI/interface/translations were game breaking bad for me..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    That was enjoyable to watch, thx for sharing.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by bcbully

something about his humor was very random and family guyish.. just cracked me up.. anyway yea overall was a decent hour overview though and how many probably percieve the game right away.. i'm waiting for the localization patch to come in and ill give this game another try as I liked some of the ideas but the UI/interface/translations were game breaking bad for me..

When I think of UI, I think of action bars, character frames, chat, that kinda of stuff. Interface is the same, no? Or are you talking about menus? 

As far as the UI, the first time I logged in I thought it looked old. I'm cool with it now, because it's functional. I can open as many windows as I want, move them around, and forground and back ground works really good. You can't move the chat, character frames, and action bars though,  you cant resize either.  

There is certainly room for improvement with things like word wrapping, and localization.  Goat fur for example, you would think that it comes from  goat right? Nope Hietan sheep. A quarter staff you would think would be a quarter staff, nope it's a stick. Cleaning up things like that will make a new players experience smoother.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I tried the game and played for about 10 minutes.I just couldn't get into the game..and I really wanted to. The 1 hour a day to play...stopped me in my tracks.I have managed to get a key to open unlimited play.I have watched a few video's .Just cannot get motivated to give it another go....yet.
  • XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Just watching a few videos of the game reall threw me off :/

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUO8WoSry-k&feature=player_embedded

i don't know why but i thought this was really funny..

Likewise, first I saw his STO first hour video (or maybe the RaiderZ one with the emo toon? dunno) and I admit it indeed is funny :) sometimes it just feels good to check a not-so-serious review as well.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Just watched some of his reviews, pretty funny stuff, hope to see more.