Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games With Support Classes That Don't Heal

StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

(Game) - (Class) - (Role)

Go!

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    LOTRO - Loremaster - CC
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    TSW - Shotgun/Pistol Build - Buffer.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Lotro - Hunter - rdps
  • Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Even though it has healing in the class/soul, the healing is so weak that honestly they could take it out, and add several other options without much being missed, would be beastmaster in rifts. It is a rather high melee dps support, that buffs the group with both damage boosts, damage reductions, cast/attack speed reductions, healing boosts.stat boosts, and also has a pet that helps it increase it's damage or maintain it while focusing on thier other role's duty. Issue is in rifts  for anythign other than raiding support is kinda seen as support-healing atleast in small scale 5 man content. 
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

EQ1 enchanter CC/buffs

Also bard

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Last time I played Rift they had some specs that were specifically meant to support almost to the exclusion of everything else. Umm... the Archon in the mage soul and I think the Bard in the rogue soul. 
  • Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Last time I played Rift they had some specs that were specifically meant to support almost to the exclusion of everything else. Umm... the Archon in the mage soul and I think the Bard in the rogue soul. 

Yeah archon is solely support with largely just buffs, and de-buffs that they apply to the group, but the bard is well a support healing soul with buff/debuff options as secondary. I just love beastmaster as it is one melee (very rare to see a melee support in new games, or melee as alot of games went the punishing route for melee), and also if they tweaked it it could become a versitile support that can make choices to specilize in either buffs/debuffs, dps, or healing support by what kind of a rotation they use.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Dungeons & Dragons online - Wizards/Sorcerers/Bards - Buffers (best buffs, Bard), control (best control, bard), highest damage (wizards & sorcs), bard can do minor healing.

Rift had some mage what could buff and it had bards as great buffers, but bards were, when well played, also very good healers.

I don't see the point for this thread. At all. No matter how I try to approach it. Why do you want a list of Games with support classes that don't heal? I'm pretty sure Vanguard has a few, as do many other games.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Metanol

I don't see the point for this thread. At all. No matter how I try to approach it. Why do you want a list of Games with support classes that don't heal? I'm pretty sure Vanguard has a few, as do many other games.

If the responses match what they're looking for, they'll definitely be back soon to post the actual point of the thread. If the responses don't match, they won't be back but there will be a similarly worded thread in a few days, rewritten to get the needed response for the follow up 'bomb' or 'revelation' or whatever great moment they feel their thread is supposed to lead toward.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Those where the first classes MMOs dropped before they went to trying to get rid of healers and tanks. Controllers Buffers use to be the norm. But the norm is to hard for developers today. Everyone just needs to open their eyes and stop being dictated by the cooperations.
  • StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

If the responses match what they're looking for, they'll definitely be back soon to post the actual point of the thread. If the responses don't match, they won't be back but there will be a similarly worded thread in a few days, rewritten to get the needed response for the follow up 'bomb' or 'revelation' or whatever great moment they feel their thread is supposed to lead toward.

Maybe the OP wanted a compiled list from the collective minds of the forum goers so he could investigate said responses himself and see if such a game/class would interest him in his future MMO endeavors.

Or you know, you can just post in a forum thread and whine about it rather than ignore it and just contribute in a negative manner, whatever floats your boat. Honestly, I don't see the point in you coming into a thread that YOU don't see the point in and making a big deal about it.

Some "revelating bomb" that turned out to be huh?

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Originally posted by Stormakov

Maybe the OP wanted a compiled list from the collective minds of the forum goers so he could investigate said responses himself and see if such a game/class would interest him in his future MMO endeavors.

Or you know, you can just post in a forum thread and whine about it rather than ignore it and just contribute in a negative manner, whatever floats your boat. Honestly, I don't see the point in you coming into a thread that YOU don't see the point in and making a big deal about it.

Thank you, you two fine gentlemen! I would've never thought of that.

I'm afraid I'm not here to whine. I'm here to question and criticize -everything-. I mean, it's healthy to question everything. But you two made your points, fair enough.

But back to the topic at hand!

It is sad to see that many of modern MMOs, especially those which try to put emphasis on tactical or slower combat, have forgotten the joys of playing a support character and this is of course mainly applies to games which use the concept of "holy trinity". (Since these days support seems to = Heal and/or Protect. Guild Wars 1 was a shining example of a working class system by the way, it had both, simple healers and complicated buffers/supports/hexers.)

I truely believe that Rift was the last western MMO to do that. And it is quite unbelievable that WoW, considering what sort of a.. giant it is at the market, forgot this completely. Well, same can be said for Warhammer Online, which was a flop, but lets not go into that.

One could argue that Guild Wars 2 has what the OP is looking for, since mesmers have quite nice tricks, which sadly last between five to ten or twenty seconds.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Stormakov

O7

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre