Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's new?

gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

I was just wondering if the game has changed much since i left last november. I played pretty much played through all of the dungeons in expert mode at least once or more, played through almost all the the world maps, finished the storyline, and did a lot of PvP and WvW. i also did exploration here and there, did some jumping puzzles etc. i think the biggest disappointment for me was the lack of improvement of the "dynamic event" system. the events just continuously repeat themselves and they never removed old chains and added new ones to different zones like they said they would. last time i logged in was last month, i just took one peek at the ridiculous market inflation and then logged off.

maybe ill start another alt or something?

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    id give fractals of the mist a go.. really a great time imho:) also if you haven't tried a mesmer yet I HIGHLY recommend them.. going to be a new sPVP map at the end of this month followed by the WvW changes next month as well not to mention the continuation of the living story they are doing now

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Not really checked out the latest content in-game myself but read a bit about it.

• FOTM (Fractals of the Mists) is a sort of mega-dungeon with lots of mini-dungeons which reward a new tier of gear. You'll find most people running these apparently.
    • Events changed and rebalanced a lot
    • Dungeons rebalanced but still pretty irritating from what a friend tells me
    • Lots of bug fixes and class balances
    • A few new quest chains relating to the main story stuff
    You can read more here:

Generally it all seems like good stuff but all very minor. Seeing as they originally planned to deliver an entire expansion in 6 months and sort out the PvP systems as a main priority, they haven't lived up to those very well.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    lots of loot drops in orr now
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by SuperNick

Not really checked out the latest content in-game myself but read a bit about it.

• FOTM (Fractals of the Mists) is a sort of mega-dungeon with lots of mini-dungeons which reward a new tier of gear. You'll find most people running these apparently.
    You can read more here:

Generally it all seems like good stuff but all very minor. Seeing as they originally planned to deliver an entire expansion in 6 months and sort out the PvP systems as a main priority, they haven't lived up to those very well.

You have a link for that?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Torgrim

You can read more here:

they said expansions would come longer than the original gw and were looking at a timeframe of about 1.5 years but looks like the plans are for this year so im happy about that

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Stealthman06Stealthman06 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

Is that sarcasm or does more loot drop now? 

MMORPG Forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

You can read more here:

they said expansions would come longer than the original gw and were looking at a timeframe of about 1.5 years but looks like the plans are for this year so im happy about that

Also read this year so either after summer or right around christmas shopping.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

You can read more here:

Also read this year so either after summer or right around christmas shopping.

You need to hone your reading skills. If they say "this year" it means christmas. If they were planning to launch in Q3 they would say "this summer".

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    OP.....WvW is still as screwed up as ever...if thats your interest.
  • dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    The only new thing I noticed is *much* fewer people claiming it's the best game ever.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by dimnikar
    The only new thing I noticed is *much* fewer people claiming it's the best game ever.

Only on these forums. With the official forums up and running you'll find the vast majority of posters there and notably fewer of us fans bothering with other forums anymore.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

is it me or after running all the dungeons  and map completes and yada yada you still call them expert mode vs explorable. I dunno  I mean I have played games for a few months and quit yet I tend to remember what it was that I did especially if I have done "Everything there was to do". 

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

* No more rez rusing in dungeons

* Laurel daily system for rewards

* Orr population decreased to make it MUCH more appealing

* WvW Culling sucks...stealth thieves are up

* Golds from lvl 76-80 can now be found on ANY mob in the game on a max level character

* Level scaling updated (no more 2 shotting low level mobs)

* Concurrent users are (were) up 6 weeks in a row, which is nice...

* Guild Missions incoming for the 26th of Feb.

* Not related to development, but Dungeons are easier to group for with gw2lfg.com

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

yeah and Orr mobs and meta events was completely rewriten, so expect much dificult bosses (as grenth by example)