Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick question for original game purchaser.

StrieferStriefer Calgary, ABMember Posts: 62 Uncommon

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I did not find it.

I was one of the many people that bought the original version of the game which as we all know failed on release. I was wondering if I have to re-purchase the game to play in the re-released version? I'm sure others would appreciate an answer to this quesiton as well.

I am interested in getting back into the game, but not at the cost of re-purchasing.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Comments

  • DragonantisDragonantis DublinMember Posts: 974

    If you have the original FFXIV, then you wont need to purchase A Realm Reborn, but if you wish to play the PS3 version you will need to purchase that one. Only fees we will have to pay is to activate our subscription.

    Good guys Square-Enix :)

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,042 Rare
    what Dragon said. I own the original game but i might have to buy the PS3 version, unless the new pc version still supports gamepad.

    image
  • StrieferStriefer Calgary, ABMember Posts: 62 Uncommon

    Thank you for the quick reply! 

    And that is great to hear, I looking forward to jumping back in =)

  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKMember Posts: 584 Common
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    what Dragon said. I own the original game but i might have to buy the PS3 version, unless the new pc version still supports gamepad.

    The new will have gamepad support

    http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

  • MuruganMurugan D, COMember Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Striefer
    Thank you for the quick reply!  And that is great to hear, I looking forward to jumping back in =)

    You will also get into beta as of Beta Test Phase 3 (one is starting soon, there is a total of four before the relaunch)

     

    Beta test 3 will be a 35+ level cap beta where you can use 1.0 characters or create new characters, however these will be wiped before Beta 4 (open/PS3 beta).  All characters created or used from 1.0 in beta 4 will have their progress saved and carried over after launch.

     

    Once ARR officially launches you then get an additional 30 days to try the game before having to subscribe again.

  • StrieferStriefer Calgary, ABMember Posts: 62 Uncommon

    Wow, this is great to hear! Thanks a ton for that information.

    I'm glad Squenix is doing this as I believe this gives them the best chance at a successful release.

  • MuruganMurugan D, COMember Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Striefer
    Wow, this is great to hear! Thanks a ton for that information. I'm glad Squenix is doing this as I believe this gives them the best chance at a successful release.

    Definitely but Square Enix has done a great job of managing FFXIV's poor launch, they didn't start subscriptions for over a year while they rebuilt it to something worth paying for, then everyone who decided to pay subscriptions after that got a reduced subscription rate for life and access from beta 1 (plus a special chocobo and their names in the credits if they request it).

     

    But anyone who paid a dime for FFXIV gets access from the start of the real beta (where the whole world is open rather than just limited areas).  So everyone will have a chance to really judge for themselves if they want to give it another shot.

  • ZalgabranthZalgabranth Terrace, BCMember Posts: 14 Uncommon

    Dont mean to thread-steal, but seeing as you had your question answered, I thought I'd save everyone a hassle and just ask here.

     

    For open beta, does everyone get access? Like would we have to pay to try it? I'd like to be able to atleast try the finished product and see how I like it. I didn't spend a penny on the first version, so I'm not sure.

  • LummLumm amarillo, TXMember Posts: 132 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zalgabranth
    Dont mean to thread-steal, but seeing as you had your question answered, I thought I'd save everyone a hassle and just ask here.   For open beta, does everyone get access? Like would we have to pay to try it? I'd like to be able to atleast try the finished product and see how I like it. I didn't spend a penny on the first version, so I'm not sure.

    Open beta will be available to anyone with internet access. No purchase needed.

  • nbtscannbtscan Phoenix, AZMember Posts: 855 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Murugan
    But anyone who paid a dime for FFXIV gets access from the start of the real beta (where the whole world is open rather than just limited areas).  So everyone will have a chance to really judge for themselves if they want to give it another shot.

    Actually, only the area of Gridania will be accessible for the first two phases of beta.  Phase 3 and Phase 4 the three starting nations will be opened up.  Nothing has been said about Coerthas and Mor Dhona for beta.

Sign In or Register to comment.