Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Other games for those of us who unsubbed.

Is there anthing like it out there ? Searching for a true massive online game that is not arcade style and with a more mature playerbase. Not wow or COD style.

Or just give me some idea where former wii online players go.

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Planetside 2
  • NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175
    u not interested in dust514? not much worth a damn out there right now imo....even some new ones in beta make me a sad panda.
  • Bloodhun23Bloodhun23 Member Posts: 2
    Ironfront Libertation 1944 is a good WW2 game I will play if I have that ww2 feeling. Its a stand a lone for Arma 2.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Though just a shadow of what was a great game....DAOC has a 14 day free trial you may want to try.
  • anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    31st Wrecking Crew went to Arma 2
  • pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Every time I look for servers on Liberation Front, they are kind of empty.

I would love to try it, does anyone have a link?

Heroes and Generals is very arcadish and is still in beta isn't it?

Yeah it is in beta and is very arcadish, not to mention clunky as hell. I just finished trying it out. As bad as BEs infantry combat is, this was worse.
  • Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    H&G looked like it had real promise, I'm sad to read its a little too arcadey

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• SartoriussSartoriuss Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Sadly there seems nothing to can called as war' sim. Most projects which i looked, was something like will-o'-the-wisp. Beautiful from long distance..
      H&G is yep beta and looks too CODish for me. Though is always good, if people enter into their forum and will demand  "more realism", maybe then devs listen more.  :)
      Is Rise of Flight -    http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/EN  ,i can't call it arcade. But is needed to be fan of WW1 and fan of a flight sim.
    Also have heard about War Thunder, there is open beta and is rumors about adding land vehicles too. But so far I lack of time , to try it self ..
  • Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by anfiach`

I know some other squads that had members transition to Arma2 as well.  I played the first Arma and did not like it.  It felt choppy and difficult to use in terms of the controls.  

I've heard that Arma2 is a lot smoother but still has a decent learning curve to it.  I know a bunch of guys in my current squad that were playing a ton of DayZ.  

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Skers11

I know some other squads that had members transition to Arma2 as well.  I played the first Arma and did not like it.  It felt choppy and difficult to use in terms of the controls.  

I've heard that Arma2 is a lot smoother but still has a decent learning curve to it.  I know a bunch of guys in my current squad that were playing a ton of DayZ.  

Yeah I heard Day z was pretty good have not tried it myself. Maybe if i get some time away from school and work it might be a option. Sad to here H&G is not living up to the hype I had hopes for that game to take off but it still is in beta so who knows things might change.

Originally posted by Zbus
    Originally posted by Skers11

Yeah I heard sayz was pretty good have not tried it myself. Maybe if i get some time away from school and work it might be a option. Sad to here H&G is not living up to the hype I had hopes for that game to take off but it still is in beta so who knows things might change.

I checked out Heroes and Generals again today, I think I judged it too switfly and harshly. I say it's free to play so may as well check it out. My expectations were a bit too high going into it.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

War Thunder is pretty fun at the moment. It's accurate enough(more than WW2online in some areas), along with great graphics, sounds and cockpits. It's technically pay-to-win, but at the moment it seems more like pay-to-lose. There are a lot awful pilots who bought the expensive and advanced aircraft, yet those things still get destroyed by the lower ranking, lighter aircraft in many situations. Sometimes you get nuked by a lucky cannon round but I'm dominating in some battles with the biplanes. You have to play the historical battles though; the normal mode is 3rd person and very arcade.

The War Thunder devs say that they want "massive" historical battles and say that these cannot be fought by just pilots, so they're hinting at combined arms. They already have a plethora of good models that include tanks like the T34, not to mention a decent game engine so I am optimistic.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by david06

War Thunder is pretty fun at the moment. It's accurate enough(more than WW2online in some areas), along with great graphics, sounds and cockpits. It's technically pay-to-win, but at the moment it seems more like pay-to-lose. There are a lot awful pilots who bought the expensive and advanced aircraft, yet those things still get destroyed by the lower ranking, lighter aircraft in many situations. Sometimes you get nuked by a lucky cannon round but I'm dominating in some battles with the biplanes. You have to play the historical battles though; the normal mode is 3rd person and very arcade.

The War Thunder devs say that they want "massive" historical battles and say that these cannot be fought by just pilots, so they're hinting at combined arms. They already have a plethora of good models that include tanks like the T34, not to mention a decent game engine so I am optimistic.

War Thunder is a great game at the moment in its phase of Beta.  I HIGHLY recommend it to any flight sim buffs out there.  When they do add ground battles....wwiionline will not compare in the least.

Open Beta too ----->  http://warthunder.com/en/

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

I might have to give WarThunder another go if historical battles is where it's at (never tried it due to country limitations). I've only played the free-for-all and that was quite lackluster. Like David said it's just way too arcade - targeting system with arrows, dots that tell you where to aim, virtual cockpit where you can see everything, etc.

Though I do hope they completely redo the camera system.  I'm so used to camera systems like WWIIOL where you can quickly snap your head in that direction. 

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    I actually went back to Targetware simulations for a while and flew Target:Rebaul and Target:Tobruk for a good while. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

War Thunder has amazing potential, so pumped for this game

hd trailer

good to see a 100k km open world game, 200 plane models and over 100 vehicles, minds blown..

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Abyssuss

hd trailer

good to see a 100k km open world game, 200 plane models and over 100 vehicles, minds blown..

Quick question on this game I watched the clip but are the planes on rails or are they useing 3rd person to shoot the video. Not that it matters that much im a aweful pilot lol.

Originally posted by Zbus

hd trailer

Quick question on this game I watched the clip but are the planes on rails or are they useing 3rd person to shoot the video. Not that it matters that much im a aweful pilot lol.

You have three different modes as of now , arcade, historic and real time battles I believe. I think it handles good, the old biplanes are tricky to master like the Nimrod,spitfire is amazing to fly!.

Only just started playing its amazing, cant wait for ground and naval warfare to be implemented. a major seller for me is that its got Europe, North America, and South America theaters.

Dont take my word for it, download it, just remember it's in very early open beta with only 25% of the content in it,overall though,I'm pumped

• notextuonotextuo Member Posts: 3
    Have you considered mylittlepony.online?
    Originally posted by notextuo

Very mature of you, are you really 47?

You knocking Bronies now?

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    That HD trailer is pretty sexy

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

You knocking Bronies now?

Don't know what that is,sorry