Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a dream

ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our games and all who play it — and the glow from that fire can truly light the online world.

And so, my fellow Gamers: ask not what your MMO can do for you — ask what you can do for your MMO.

My fellow players of the world: ask not what games will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of gaming!"

na seriously..... think about it ^^

a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, obviously, and usualy that link is the playerbase... or in some realy bad cases the game, but let's not talk about those.

all the mmos released in the last years, TSW, GW2 even ToR... they actually are WAY Better than the games in the beginning.

as i stated before on this forum, the problem is the gamers expect too much. when playing daoc, we took what they gave us, and we liked it, because there was hardly anything else to play :P

then, wow came, and with it the demanding masses (dont get me wrong, i actually like wow... just not it's main player attitude).

blizzard was actually bold enough to stay true to their game (PvE at it's finest, as always accessable for everyone). but "new" games try to please.. to satisfy, and when they do, all they get is alot of crying.

seriously, play TSW (or any of the other newer MMOs), find some friends and you will enjoy it, it has nice quests a cool storry and actually the fight aint too different from most mmos out there.

and THAT'S the reason most of us enjoyed WoW, because we had friends playing it. the newer games are fighting for a stable player base, but no matter how many left in warcraft, there somehow always was someone around you knew.

can't we just go back to "playing" and stop all this "this game will suck" even before we actually PLAYED it?

i mean... seriously..... yea you guys play mmos soooo long you totaly know what's comming.... then why is it no company hired you yet to share your huge wisdom :)

if you expect something to suck, it usualy does. expectations always influence reception.

think about it.

ps: yes i know i used a quote from M.L. King as heading and quoted JFK in the thread, sue me :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    No, seriously, outside of perhaps flashier graphics and improved delivery none of the titles you listed are better than DAOC was in its prime, and I suspect fans of SWG, UO, AC1 and some others will feel similarly.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    No, seriously, outside of perhaps flashier graphics and improved delivery none of the titles you listed are better than DAOC was in its prime, and I suspect fans of SWG, UO, AC1 and some others will feel similarly.

This just proves OPs point :) It is not about which MMO is better.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• LauraFrostLauraFrost Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Thane

"The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our games and all who play it — and the glow from that fire can truly light the online world.

And so, my fellow Gamers: ask not what your MMO can do for you — ask what you can do for your MMO.

My fellow players of the world: ask not what games will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of gaming!"

na seriously..... think about it ^^

a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, obviously, and usualy that link is the playerbase... or in some realy bad cases the game, but let's not talk about those.

all the mmos released in the last years, TSW, GW2 even ToR... they actually are WAY Better than the games in the beginning.

as i stated before on this forum, the problem is the gamers expect too much. when playing daoc, we took what they gave us, and we liked it, because there was hardly anything else to play :P

then, wow came, and with it the demanding masses (dont get me wrong, i actually like wow... just not it's main player attitude).

blizzard was actually bold enough to stay true to their game (PvE at it's finest, as always accessable for everyone). but "new" games try to please.. to satisfy, and when they do, all they get is alot of crying.

seriously, play TSW (or any of the other newer MMOs), find some friends and you will enjoy it, it has nice quests a cool storry and actually the fight aint too different from most mmos out there.

and THAT'S the reason most of us enjoyed WoW, because we had friends playing it. the newer games are fighting for a stable player base, but no matter how many left in warcraft, there somehow always was someone around you knew.

can't we just go back to "playing" and stop all this "this game will suck" even before we actually PLAYED it?

i mean... seriously..... yea you guys play mmos soooo long you totaly know what's comming.... then why is it no company hired you yet to share your huge wisdom :)

if you expect something to suck, it usualy does. expectations always influence reception.

think about it.

ps: yes i know i used a quote from M.L. King as heading and quoted JFK in the thread, sue me :)

You seriously think SWTOR is WAY better than previous games?

heh...