Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game totally kicks ass.

2»

Comments

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

<---- Jelly

• OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105

When they first announced Neverwinter, I got excited for the foundry and I went and installed Star Trek Online and played that for an hour or so.  I think that game blows;  I mean, god-awful bad and boring as hell.

The most amazing thing is that even though Neverwinter is based on a newer version of the same engine, Neverwinter gameplay feels totally different.  Where STO feels dead and lame to me, Neverwinter feels alive and really action-packed.  

Combat is fast and viseral.  I played 12 hours yesterday and never got bored.  I'm a PvPer so PvE in most games is a yawnfest for me; even though I've been playing GW2 since release, I never even finished the main questline because I found playing its PvE so tiring.   So even though the animations are inferior to GW2, the textures are worse, polygon count lower, there are few voice-overs and cutscenes etc, I am finding that Neverwinter is still just more fun to play.

Now, I'm gonna go play some more!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Osmanthus

When they first announced Neverwinter, I got excited for the foundry and I went and installed Star Trek Online and played that for an hour or so.  I think that game blows;  I mean, god-awful bad and boring as hell.

The most amazing thing is that even though Neverwinter is based on a newer version of the same engine, Neverwinter gameplay feels totally different.  Where STO feels dead and lame to me, Neverwinter feels alive and really action-packed.  

Combat is fast and viseral.  I played 12 hours yesterday and never got bored.  I'm a PvPer so PvE in most games is a yawnfest for me; even though I've been playing GW2 since release, I never even finished the main questline because I found playing its PvE so tiring.   So even though the animations are inferior to GW2, the textures are worse, polygon count lower, there are few voice-overs and cutscenes etc, I am finding that Neverwinter is still just more fun to play.

Now, I'm gonna go play some more!

more positive feedback good to hear:) i'm curious what class you playing

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I'm playing devoted cleric, and trickster rogue. Fun stuff!
  • MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70

Is the Control Wizard available this time? I remembered Bill saying it wasn't in his Devoted Cleric preview, just wanted to know if it changed for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing more on that class. Thank you.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

I like the foundry in STO, I've been a Star Trek fan all my life. STO never really gave me the Trek feel but the foundry is always fun to weed through. I'm always amazed at the content people share and the hard work put into it. It's also a different slant on gameplay if you create content.

Neverwinter, for me the beta has been smooth not one crash all day. World and UI reminds me of LOTRO, combat feels more like RaiderZ, casting and melee is done while static with no hp regen unless your by campfires or using hp pots. Combat itself is fun and flows well. New spells and abilties are auto by level. Not much of learning curve for traits and builds are pretty straight forward and the usual. So far 1-16 world is mostly city and instanced based with alot of mini solo dungeon content (DDO). All the classes work well solo or in a group. Out of the 3 classes I like the cleric most. Guardian, Trickster and Cleric are available at this beta.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Machination

Is the Control Wizard available this time? I remembered Bill saying it wasn't in his Devoted Cleric preview, just wanted to know if it changed for this weekend. Looking forward to seeing more on that class. Thank you.

No, the Control Wizard is not in this form of testing yet.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Jealous! I can't play cause I'm in the ER.

ER?

Emergency Room or European Region?

both would suck, but I guess he meant Europe. Why posting on a game forum from an Emergency Room X-))

I was in the Emergency Room lol. But there was a lot of waiting involved for me.