Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: I Failed... Now What?

124»

Comments

• mizrolistmizrolist Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    So wrong, just outright wrong.  Takes all challenge out of the game.  Horrid idea Blizzard and another reason I will never play your game again.

Challenge? This is for the Raid Finder, whch is the easiest form of raiding in WoW - the targets are the PUGs. If you want challenge, you will raid at normal or heroic difficulty.

Originally posted by Kyleran
    So, this only applies to raids put together via the raidfimder tool? I can see it now, people telling their guild raid leader they aren't coming to tonights raid because it well easierand faster to complete it with a PUG group than to struggle through it with the guild. I hope the decide to Nerf the rewards or something or I can actually see this scenario happening.
    The Raid Finder gives definitely weaker loot than the normal or heroic versions. If you are going to go to RF just to wipe in 5.2, you will be getting even weaker loot than you can get today in the heroic raids.

Signatures are boring things.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Zorgo

The new philosophy seems to be, "You know you won't fail, so challenge yourself to go faster".

But why would we want "fast"? It's just taking the heroic gogogogogo and pushing it up a level. :shake head:

Strikes me that "get the damn raid over and get my ass out of this chair after six hours" is enough motivation for that.

I have no idea.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Raid Finder... ?

Christ almighty..

Do we even want to PLAY mmos anymore? or are we all so lazy and disconnected that we just want this game to just happen on our screen.

MMOS in 10 years =  Quest-doer, Auto crafter, insta port to any blade of grass, auto max char.

Why do things, when the game will do things for me..

Sigh

This man speaks the TRUTH.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    In contrast look at singleplayer -noone cares if there is a "very easy" setting that allows others to breeze through as long as "expect to die a lot" is still there.

The whole problem was caused by focusing on peer respect as a reward for raiding. Now the bad players complain cause they want to be like the good ones but "expect to die a lot" is too hard and the good ones complain whenever difficulty is decreased cause the value of their archievements drops.

virtual glory was good bait but now its biting them back as opening it up to a greater audience by decreasing diffuculty means also cheapening the bait.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

No where does it say in the patch notes that a full group needs to be present during the wipe in order for the group to recieve the buff.  I see some sacraficial lamb taking one for the team 9 times to give the group the maximum buff before they actually attempt any boss.

I bet some clever hunter can engage the boss with his pet and never actually be in the room by the time the pet engages the encounter. 

The real question is whether it's tracking full group deaths... as in everyone is put into ghostform... or merely boss engagements... in which it is only checking to see if the boss has been killed after engagement.  I see juking in raid finder to be the new sport of the month come patch.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Theodwulf

I get their thinking... trying to get people to raid ..ie use content they wouldn't otherwise  use.  They are making a "safety net" so first timers or those timid of temper tantrums will take a chance and go raiding.

What many of you don't get.. the 133t players are so obnoxious that Blizzard had to add a feature in to get people to play with them, that a wipe doesn't cause "n00bslaya123" to have a stroke and go on a 4-hour rant on why all casuals should kill themselves..

The biggest problem with MMOs is the core audience, they drive off normal people, they make the game unfun for normal people.. Blizzard is trying to come up with a solution for that issue.

So rewarding failure in players who don't cut it or make a effort deserve to be rewarded? I feel sorry for the human race if we have fallen this far . Bad enuf we reward failure in RL with welfare and handouts we have to do it in games now?