Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I sure hope 2013 delivers

KaiserPhoenixKaiserPhoenix ViennaPosts: 59Member

If it wasn't for the b2p change and awesomeness of the secret world, i would've written off 2012 as a mmorpg failure year.

The games weren't bad per se, but they lacked long term appeal. I played swtor only for around 3 months, due to lack of world feel, the artificial tunneling, buggy raids etc etc.

Played gw2 for around 2 months, and a few days on and off later. Gw2 was definitely worth the money, but I easily got oversaturated with the game somehow.

I was really disappointed with Rift: storm legion for various reasons ( expansion zone quality inferior to many classic zones for me, all the little things like puzzles, artiact hunting, raid rifts etc are not as fun anymore)

Now in 2013 7 major mmos are scheduled: Wildstar, ESO, FF XIV a realm reborn, Archeage, Neverwinter, Blade and Soul and Everquest Next.

Now while i am sure that not all of them will launch in 2013, and not all of them will be successful, but if not atleast one of them makes me look forward to log in and play after 3 months, then i'll probably never get hyped up for a mmorpg ever again.

Ofcourse, there is the offchance that multiple games become excellent longterm mmorpgs. In that case 2013 might become one of the, if not the greatest mmorpg year ever. well, we'll see.

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Seattle, WAPosts: 1,053Member Uncommon
    Bye!

• Four0SixFour0Six Missoula, MTPosts: 1,181Member Uncommon

SImply put, the RP has left the building, and that is why mmoRPGs have lost their appeal.

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

I gotta admit, I'm logging into those games a lot less. Often I find myself playing solitaire or pharaoh. Maybe some internet spades - go two for 10.

Sometimes I wonder why I pay for a game that I barely log into. I think it's because as long as I support it, whether I login or not doesn't matter. I don't feel guilty over blowing a sub fee monthly. I can blow that sort of money eating out at fast food. Games still are an extremely cheap form of entertainment unless you are someone that must have collector's items and all the associated paraphernalia. Even the box price is just a night out for 1 at my favorite greek restaurant and I dispose of that much quicker than a month lol

• AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member

Sounds like you are just burnt out on the genre in general OP. I thought Rift Storm Legion was one of the best expansions I have played since EQ Planes of Power era (The hayday of raiding IMO).

I agree that 2013 needs to deliver because other than Storm Legion, 2012 didn't have much for me either.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DaxamarDaxamar Green Cove Springs, FLPosts: 554Member

Im hoping 2013 is a good, if not great year for MMOs. Hoping.

If not, then Bye.

• rpg_gunnerrpg_gunner Green Cove Springs, FLPosts: 80Member
    Originally posted by Daxamar

Im hoping 2013 is a good, if not great year for MMOs. Hoping.

If not, then Bye.

AMEN!