Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Neverwinter: Delving Into The Cloak Tower

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Continuing our Neverwinter theme, we managed to get a guided tour of one of the game's multiplayer dungeons, The Cloak Tower. Packed with mini-bosses and a bad ass at the end, read all about our adventures in dungeoneering.

No Dungeons and Dragons game is complete without a good “dungeon delve”, and Cryptic’s Neverwinter promises to have a whole host of 5-man dungeon content to make sure the game has that D&D group-focused experience. Don’t get me wrong, there is also plenty of solo-able content in the game as well, but Neverwinter’s bread and butter group content will be in its dungeon delves, and we yesterday we got to sit in with Cryptic’s own Zeke Sparks and Scott Hawkes from ZAM to partake in one of the five-man dungeon experiences: The Cloak Tower. If this level 16 dungeon is a sign of things to come, group-loving MMORPG fans are in for a treat, as Cloak Tower sets the stage for a great batch of party-based content in the game.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Neverwinter: Delving Into The Cloak Tower.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    NICE!  Watched the replay of the Stream last night after work, way more excited for the game then I thought I ever would be.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Same here cant wait for this weekend to play in the test. I was as well surpised by how polished it looked and from what Bill had said during the stream.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

This actually looks awesome. I like how epic, powerful and impactiful that boss Vansi whatever felt just from watching it. He was knocking them all around like crazy.

I like.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    The dungeons look fun, this game wasn't on my radar but I'll check it out closer. Healing in dungeons is one of few things I enjoy in themepark MMO's these days since no non-MMO I know has anything similar. Very few MMO's have done small scale dungeons well though, infact noone has come close to WoW in that aspect yet imo.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Nice............epic crash BTW.
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Nice to see Bill acknowledge in the video and here that playing rolls in  a group is a fun mechanic.

Obviously the fun mechanic leads to the possible downfall of "Healer wanted for XXX... Tank needed for YYY".  I wonder if Cryptics intent in only releasing three of the five launch classes here is actually to build a player base for Guardian Fighters and Clerics.  In theory the control wizard is actually the third part of the Holy Trinity, but I didn't see the wizard doing a lot of controlling.