Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: First Beta Weekend Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment have laid out the details for this weekend's first beta event. Three classes will be available to players: Trickster Rogue, Devoted Cleric, and Guardian Fighter. In addition, players will be able to check out The Foundry, play content up to level 30 and more.

• Content up to Level 30: Experience a variety of zones, dungeon delves, and large-scale group events as you adventure through the city of Neverwinter and its surrounding areas in the realm of Faerun, including the Protector's Enclave, Blacklake District, Tower District, Blackdagger Ruins, and the Neverdeath graveyard.

• Companions and Mounts: During your journey, don't forget to pick up your first companion quest at level 16 so you never have to fight alone - and be sure to take on your first mount quest at level 20 so you can ride through town in style.

Head to the official Neverwinter site for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I want a beta key =(
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• Mandraker65Mandraker65 Member Posts: 1
    I would Like a Beta key Also..
  • rasmijnrasmijn Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I hope there's a beta key giveaway cos' I'm not getting that founders pack since is going to be a Free to play mmo!
  • hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    kind of makes me scared leveling is gonna be super fast in this game if they expect people to level up to 20 in a weekend event.
  • ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by hardicon
    kind of makes me scared leveling is gonna be super fast in this game if they expect people to level up to 20 in a weekend event.

not necessarily - it could be that the 1st 20 levels or so are fast (for the mount and companion) and later it gets more "grindy"...

Just my 2 cents...

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    If you want a Beta Key just go buy PC Gamer(?) magizine,  You'll get a key and a horse.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

they more than likely have xp boosted for the Beta events so more people can test a wider range of content. Im sure they will drop XP at launch.. need to have a reason to buy those xp potions, dont ya know.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

I'm thinking it's just for Beta so you can test more stuff.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    yeah i thought of all that but since they have been so cryptic with their news its hard to tell.  also fast leveling sure seems to be the norm for mmos nowadays.  what is max level btw, i was thinking dnd max level 20 but this is apparantly not going to be the case.  havent really been a huge follower of this game, gonna try it because its dnd and free to play, would pass on the title if I had to spend money, but I dont so gonna give it a whirl but havent found much info on it.  hope its just sped up leveling for the betas, I want a much slower game than max level in 3 days type of deal.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Nebless

I'm thinking it's just for Beta so you can perfect your levelling route to reach top level first after launch.

Fixed :).

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr No Great Weapon Fighter.  Hopefully the rumors are true that Trickster Rogues can use Longbows.  I dunno what to play if not, I have never been a fan of shield use and im certain the Cleric uses a shield so that means 2 of the 3 available classes use a shield.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• KamielRKamielR Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I want to see a Warlock! Oh and a Beta Key please.
  • heffy4lifeheffy4life Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Pleae i want a beta key! ill give my left nut for one!

I go to www.EQNexus.com for all my EQnext news updates, podcasts, and discussions.

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    They aren't going to give away beta keys anytime soon, maybe after the first 3 closed beta and they go to open beta...
  • cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

No beta keys only way in is to fork out $$$$$$$$ oh we'll if they want a bad start showing how much they can squeeze from players ........Pay Up. 

P.s thank god it's nothing like neverwinter nights at lease they can't spoil a legendary game !!!!!

Let them spoil this f2p trash instead

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by Nebless

I'm thinking it's just for Beta so you can perfect your levelling route to reach top level first after launch.

Fixed :).

KInd of like Age of Wushu and most every other game out there.  Some people will use their time that way.  Other people will feedback about class balance, mobs, loot, pvp, dungeons, etc.

To each his own, I guess :).

• d1mr0xd1mr0x Member UncommonPosts: 5
  • CaptFabulousCaptFabulous Member UncommonPosts: 36
    As a lifetime subscriber to both CO and STO, where is my promised beta key Cryptic? Or are you going to stiff us on that promise?