Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grandtheft.....GOTHAM?

quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

I had whatihink would be a awesome game idea...

Basicly its Gta but you play as various villains,with a fully destructable world, if you graffiti a building it stays so until repainted and you can stop it from happening

You would start off as the redmask progress he bcomes the joker,unlock various costumes/charactor variants like the good joker from that other dimension

There would be some endgame goal like defeat brainiac ,or become crime lord ,or if you want just burn the city down

all done while evadeing and fighting supers

If the devs got into theright mindset they could release new charactors to players as dlc for a very longtime

got this idea from seeing ironman gtamods

Thoughts?

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Only if I can make my own villain. I have no desire to play Batman's presets. Cool idea.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

GTA Gotham...

That actually sounds like an amazing idea, playing as the street villains in Gotham stealing cars with the rare chance to get your car chased by the Batmobile XD

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I think it would be pretty cool but only if it's set up like GTA is. You start off as a nobody petty criminal and through gameplay/missions you build your character up into a supervillian who will someday have to take on Batman himself. The transformation from petty criminal to supervillian should be gradual and as you become more and more notorious Batman would start to notice you more. It would give you something to achieve instead of making everyone a supervillian right out of the gate.

Edit: Of course the chance meeting with Batman should always be a factor as well.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Only if I can make my own villain. I have no desire to play Batman's presets. Cool idea.

custom villains is fine as long as they include   premade ones like  the joker dont take me wrong i like makeing my own villain but its also nuice to  run through the jokers tale as well

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by quseio

Basicly its Gta but you play as various villains,with a fully destructable world, if you graffiti a building it stays so until repainted and you can stop it from happening

You would start off as the redmask progress he bcomes the joker,unlock various costumes/charactor variants like the good joker from that other dimension

There would be some endgame goal like defeat brainiac ,or become crime lord ,or if you want just burn the city down

If the devs got into theright mindset they could release new charactors to players as dlc for a very longtime

Thoughts?

Too much time on your hands it seems. Let's try not to be like "Borecraft" and steal ideas that exist already. After all, if you can not "create" something that can define the industry, best hang up that idea of yours.

• rpg_gunnerrpg_gunner Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by quseio

Thoughts?

I like the idea you're trying to come up with. From a common street thug to commiting big time crimes. That's something.

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted 

Too much time on your hands it seems. Let's try not to be like "Borecraft" and steal ideas that exist already. After all, if you can not "create" something that can define the industry, best hang up that idea of yours.by Razperil

info the ironman gta mod was just a  ironmanskin with rocketboost and repulsers thats it no villains nothing else

if devs followed your thoughts we would have new games once a decade ffs, i think my idea is rather  different and not a clone   ala borecraft... super powers  lvl up more rpgishness  in a open world city so we cant use a open world city because its been done before ?

If  an idea is good steal it,  its basic buisness practice for 20thousand years at least lol! Thats like saying you cant create a new church themed off of chatholithism cause someones done it before, or mcdonalds cant open because burgerking already exists andf theyre to similar

Look i hate blatant clones as much as anyone else, and i even hate warcraft with a passion but it does have Some good ideas some of which got  stolen from everquest which stole   from muds which stole from tabletop dnd.

it is through the adaption of other peoples ideas that truely new   ideas take root