Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] TERA: En Masse Unveils

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

If you missed yesterday's livestream demo of TERA's 'Rising' update you'll want to read on for the full video and highlights.

The ‘Crucible of Flame’ is a new competitive dungeon that is being introduced to the game today with the launch of TERA ‘Rising’.  The dungeon is designed for level 60 players and can be entered once a day for non-Elite members or twice a day for Elite members.  You’ll also need tier 13 gear to jump into the dungeon using TERA’s Instance Matching feature.

Read more of Michael Bitton's TERA: 'Rising’ Livestream Demo Recap.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    So far I haven't seen a single gold spammer, that's the only thing I could have hoped for everything else is just gravy. ;)

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    My downloader its buged somehow, well i will wait untill then to give my opinion.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It definately has a lot more players than before, and I like the fact you cannot use the global chat until level 20, it gets rid of the spam a lot more because it takes the farmers a while to get to 20 to get banned and have to repeat it all again over and over. Also seems like everyone is relatively happy about the F2P release on my server. The Elite mount looks pretty cool as well.
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Is the region lock still in place?

RIP Orc Choppa

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Very good F2P launch, the perks we got for preordering a long time ago rocks. Dont feel like i have to buy anything if i dont want to and no dungeon lockouts is awesommmme!

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Gah, I have a huge download.  I should have checked the launcher last night but I forgot.

For a faster download make sure to turn off P2P in the tools section of the launcher.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    im pretty impressed with what the old subscribers get for free. This is a free to play transition that is probably the best out there and the game is by far not a bad game at all. I think out of all the free to play games , this one will end up being pretty successful. SOE is also finally starting to learn as well with vanguard and making everything pretty much free and you get perks if you sub to it. But elite status is well worth the 15 bucks a month for tera just for the perks alone it seems like.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

"Exempt from earnest money requirements on brokerage"

Is that a typo?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Scot

"Exempt from earnest money requirements on brokerage"

Is that a typo?

I don't think so but they could have worded it a little better.  Basically it means you are exempt from paying taxes on the auction house.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by cronius77
    im pretty impressed with what the old subscribers get for free. This is a free to play transition that is probably the best out there and the game is by far not a bad game at all. I think out of all the free to play games , this one will end up being pretty successful. SOE is also finally starting to learn as well with vanguard and making everything pretty much free and you get perks if you sub to it. But elite status is well worth the 15 bucks a month for tera just for the perks alone it seems like.

I agree wholeheartedly with that part. I even mentioned this to someone who was complaining about his friends getting "perks" over his free status.

Free players get access to pretty much everything in-game buuut subscribers/founders get "perks".

It's so illogical to me, to complain about something that's free and that you haven't paid a single penny for.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by NBlitz

It's so illogical to me, to complain about something that's free and that you haven't paid a single penny for.

Like living with your parents ? ....consider the source of those complaints.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Like living with your parents ? ....consider the source of those complaints.

True, different perspectives. Doesn't mean they're right though. I'm not ungrateful or (I choose to believe lol) that I'm not (that) entitled.

• ExpirationExpiration Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Happy so far but with one exception.  Character transfers are more restrictive (Lvl 40 and only among the three original servers)  You would think that with the initial influx of new players, they would make transfers less restrictive for a time until the population levels out a bit.  /shrug.
  • creepzcreepz Member Posts: 17

I wonder when we'll see our terra club bonuses (keys, village atlas, etc), I'm lvl 58 and I WANT those before I hit 60.

Ppl are saying we can wait 2-3 weeks for them, wtf.

yuck

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

finally downloaded. gonna try this puppy out = for story Quests only. If it gets grindy ill prob drop it. playing it for the graphics really..iam in no hurry todo any dungeons or groups thing in this game. I have another game for dungeons & world exploration and pvp n  such...

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Expiration
    Happy so far but with one exception.  Character transfers are more restrictive (Lvl 40 and only among the three original servers)  You would think that with the initial influx of new players, they would make transfers less restrictive for a time until the population levels out a bit.  /shrug.

It's most likely to stop people from exploiting the economy. PvP to PvE transfers were never allowed before and the two servers have different economies.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by orbitxo

finally downloaded. gonna try this puppy out = for story Quests only. If it gets grindy ill prob drop it. playing it for the graphics really..iam in no hurry todo any dungeons or groups thing in this game. I have another game for dungeons & world exploration and pvp n  such...

Story is hard to follow and it is grindy -you will probably drop it.

I do like the game, don't get me wrong but the grind is just awlful in this one and the graphic models are shared too much between mobs.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by orbitxo

Story is hard to follow and it is grindy -you will probably drop it.

I do like the game, don't get me wrong but the grind is just awlful in this one and the graphic models are shared too much between mobs.

My takes different, quests are the boring same 'ol but the "grind" is what it's about, the combat & learning each mobs tactics along your travels. And although for the most part the mob graphics have that whimsical asian look they are extremely detailed down to those damn minions and definetely different from each very cool zone. And the zones graphics are amazing looking. Must not be your thing.

I noticed they've tweaked the classes a bit so your not on that bitter edge with the timing all the time, much needed change IMO. FTP seems like a welcome change, server is packed looking forward to see the goodies in the Outfitters shop.

my second impression of this game is total fail.

aside from the archaic mmo combat  and quest system they are still using. they  have been having major log in issues with the new player base on their second day-becoause it took one whole day to download the client<.<  - yah u may say well its expected with new player subscribing blah blah blah.

but this game has been around for a year now. so, nogo no excuses! especially if they want new players. Further more the director of the game has posted on the forums, and seems bummed out this is happening, pretty sad- they should been prepared....

and they were not.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Well you are going to get crazy levels of access, its like when a MMO launches. I had heared the combat was original, the graphics spot on, but the quests lame?

May well give it a go next week once it has all calmed down.

Finally  have been playing created a new character in RP server, iam ok wiht this since iam just experimenting - every other server has a 28min wait=sad.

My lvl 5 Mystic so far has been fun- really fast paced leveling queue and hope its stays like that- not sure if that was change,  since i never played this game before, but so far hasnt felt grindy.

the graphics speak for themselves.  the characters are awsome to look at, and the combat system is pretty much fun!

tutorial is a bit over whelming but needed 'as is'. they prob would do well if the sell an app or something for the game.

thats said -so far with the small amount ive been playing ive had fun, if they fix theyre server issues it could be enjoyable.

I wish the main story quests where more prominent having them colored in red wasnt a smart move- red in other mmos mean not proper level. i passed the red quests presuming that and felt lost and quests didnt open until i did the red one...O.o

a polished themepark-with old school mmo mechanics. nice 'filler'  f2p mmo while i await other games releases....