Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game had your favourite questing system?

124»

Comments

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Everquest. When the quests were optional, and if you did one it actually meant something.

EQ of old was my favorite, too. First you had to figure out if an NPC had any quests. If you managed to find one, you had to determine what the quest required. Then you had to usually spend a lot of time completing it. Often, compelting the quest was its own reward since the xp and loot wasn't worth the effort lol.

Sure beats question marks and click-through quests that get insta-added to your task list. B O R I N G !! Oh and the bulk of your xp and gear comes from completing these mindless items.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by daltanious

By large measure: SWTOR. Never ever enjoyed so much questing with superb voice acting and incredible twists in story. For starting areas and for same reason loved also Aoc.

Now i actually can not any longer enjoy any other kind of questing, but I'm still ok with wow, gw2, ...

Same here. I don't think I can ever play any game which has walls of text  withough voiceover. The only other MMO I can play right now  is TSW, but I don't like that my character is mute. And I got tired of zombies /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

By large measure: SWTOR. Never ever enjoyed so much questing with superb voice acting and incredible twists in story. For starting areas and for same reason loved also Aoc.

Now i actually can not any longer enjoy any other kind of questing, but I'm still ok with wow, gw2, ...

The story is good. Too bad the combat is not fun to me. If they have better combat, i would still be playing that game.

As usually people have very different tastes. Actually combat was also very beloved by myself. :-) The only thing I never enjoyed, but is not fault of swtor, is space combat as i do not like that kind of fight.

Of course.

TOR's slower MMO standard type combat just don't gell with me in the idea of a Jedi or a Sith. I would much prefer action combat that involves lots of enemies like that in Force Unleashed, or Diablo. I don't feel the power of the force when i am fighting 3 workers at a time.

Hahah .. actually i enjoyed TOR's space combat quite a bit. It is on rails, but fast pace and exciting. Not as much depth as say STO capital ship combat (which i love) but a good fun arcade ride.