Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WvW dislike pay for transfer

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

just go on forum and look all rants posted.
last time I saw anything like that was on rants part of runescape, when both were not dead.

So far I bet guys found new way to make some cash: and you pay from 300 gems up to 1800!

I'm fully disgusted my idea they introduced this method only for push you once again to silly Item Shop...

Seems this game is nothing else but cheap asian f2p crap.

good news for all lovers of GW2: I'm not a hater, just wanted correct product for my money + I move to Tera now.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    You can always reroll on a new server, won't cost you anything. Move along, nothing to see here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

last time I saw anything like that was on rants part of runescape, when both were not dead.

So far I bet guys found new way to make some cash: and you pay from 300 gems up to 1800!

I'm fully disgusted my idea they introduced this method only for push you once again to silly Item Shop...

good news for all lovers of GW2: I'm not a hater, just wanted correct product for my money + I move to Tera now.

Its not like they didn't give advanced warning that this would be happening which gave people plenty of time to transfer before the costs came into effect.  Free transfers was one of the larger flaws of the W v W system and it needed to be fixed.  I can't believe it took them this long.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

You're lucky they let you transfer at all.  The original idea was to not allow transfers because it could disrupt the WvW population balances.  With free transfers, it was bad enough having people flock to the winning worlds all the time.  With paid transfers, the shifts in power will be much slower and the system should work as intended.

If you don't like it, don't play the game.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Its not like they didn't give advanced warning that this would be happening which gave people plenty of time to transfer before the costs came into effect.  Free transfers was one of the larger flaws of the W v W system and it needed to be fixed.  I can't believe it took them this long.

You are absolutely correct, and tbh they should never have gone on for more than the 1st month if that long.  There are entire guilds out there that have been hopping servers for WvW since launch :(

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

This was known for a very long time. They only wait4d till now to get WvW settled out.. Why is this a surprise to anyone is beyond me.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

+ I move to Tera now.

WvWvW is hampered by  free server transfers. If you can't see that than I'm having a hard time beleiving that you are thinking it through at all. 

In celebration of the original post, I will not post about GW2 for an entire week to give the "anti-GW2" a break.  I am also going to give out random drops and gold throughout this week to other players in game. 

Made my day.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

wait so let me get this straight you are mad and crying because players now have to pay money to realm hop to the best world vs world servers??? I never in a million years expected to hear crying here about this .....man now ive heard it all .....

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    I commend you on your decision of moving to Tera to avoid Asian F2p crap, madam. Thats like boarding the Titanic in order to avoid the stresses of flight travel-.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by freston
    I commend you on your decision of moving to Tera to avoid Asian F2p crap, madam. Thats like boarding the Titanic in order to avoid the stresses of flight travel-.

haha i know right TERA literally now is a asian free to play game.... I wasnt going to say something but this post is a 10/10 for troll thread of the month.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

We've known since BEFORE LAUNCH that there would be paid server transfers. Anet even said that they were going to offer free transfers for a while to let people settle into a server with their friends. The only difference is that it took them longer than we expected. 

"Cheap asain f2p crap"

Well since it's developed by Anet in the US, I don't know how it can be Asian. Since you must buy the game first, I don't know how it can be f2p. And since every other game out there requires paid server transfer, even sub based games (WoW), I guess by your logic, WoW must be a cheap asian f2p crap.

"just wanted correct product for my money"

You bought the game knowing full well that they were going to introduce paid server transfers later on. You bought the game knowing full well that their policies may change at anytime later. The phrase "correct product" is ambiguous at best. What is a correct product? What basis are you using to judge this "correct product"? Your own? If that's the case, then the term "correct product" would be subjective. What may not be right for you, is right for someone else. And you know full well this consequence when you part with your money.

"I move to Tera now"

Weren't you just bashing Asian games earlier in this thread? And an Item shop? Correct me if I"m wrong, but isn't Tera a sub based MMO with a cash shop? Looking at their website, it looks like I can buy weapon skins! They charge $15 a month, and they make you pay for some weapon skins! Greedy.

At least if you are going to make an argument, make it logical and sound. Either way, I hope you have a blast in Tera.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I don't see how anyone can make an argument about free transfers. Especially when there is guesting.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    TERA fans' life long goal...bash GW2. even F2P can't make you go back to thtat pile...second best option bash the game you blame for its downfall. lol.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

I'm hoping your problem is just with the translation of words, you have made a number of posts that just don't make any sense ...but moving to Tera to avoid cheap Asian f2p is just 180 in the wrong direction

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

thanks for feedback about Tera, I can be wrong with that choice.
    doing event at GW Faction now, enjoy it again.

as don't need to play sub, will keep GW2 as side game.

I don't cry about WvW payment, lol. it strange to have them started like 6 months later, but why not.
    only look GW2 forum for tons of unhappy customers now. I don't mind you all to like this game, I like it too if have nothing better to play. =D

Beside now it full of bugs again so I stay away

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

thanks for feedback about Tera, I can be wrong with that choice.
    doing event at GW Faction now, enjoy it again.

as don't need to play sub, will keep GW2 as side game.

I don't cry about WvW payment, lol. it strange to have them started like 6 months later, but why not.
    only look GW2 forum for tons of unhappy customers now. I don't mind you all to like this game, I like it too if have nothing better to play. =D

Beside now it full of bugs again so I stay away

Would you mind giving the link to where this discussion on the official forum is located? I've looked and haven't really seen anything ...seems strange though most folk’s post I've read were annoyed about free transfers and stated server jumping was ruining wvw

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

They had 5 months of free server transfers, I see no reason to bitch AT ALL!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

The fact that you could guest in PvE but locked to home server for PvP, and that it would cost gems to transfer home servers, was something that had been announced for months before release, and actually the free transfers for so long were the surprise after release.

Today there are threads complaining of the end of the free transfers for WvW (because you can now guest for PvE on other servers)... but in the months that passed after release I remember reading lots of threads of people complaining that free transfers were ruining WvW since people were transferring to the winning servers and begging for Anet to start charging for server transfers. I guess this is just another proof that you can never please everybody.

@op: good luck with Tera, sincerely hope you find it fun, since after all it's all we're looking out of a game after all, to have fun.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Problem is, even with transfers costing money, imbalance will still remain and some worlds will simply be screwed while others will practically always win. Its not their fault, mind you, its mostly the fault of the playerbase to gravitate to the winning side, and if you can't, chances are your going to just neglect doing it all together.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I don't see how this is a problem, but even then, you knew it was coming.. everyone did if they were paying attention.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Its actually the best thing Anet has done for there game since its launch .. Was one of the reaasons WvW is so bad . was the CoatRidin Gimmebears wantin to tranhsfer to the winning side , once a week

So now those people will be whining in the forums....

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386
    Originally posted by cronius77

wait so let me get this straight you are mad and crying because players now have to pay money to realm hop to the best world vs world servers??? I never in a million years expected to hear crying here about this .....man now ive heard it all .....

I think a lot of people got caught up in the GW2 hype and believed all the claims of free service after they purchased the game. They are just now realizing that the B2P model has a lot of the same hidden costs that F2P and subscription games have.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Murashu

I think a lot of people got caught up in the GW2 hype and believed all the claims of free service after they purchased the game. They are just now realizing that the B2P model has a lot of the same hidden costs that F2P and subscription games have.

It was never a hidden cost, they told people this would be coming.. in fact, this whole time people have been able to transfer for free.  It was a bonus to be able to do so for this long. 

But I do find it hilariously ironic that the OP called GW2 "cheap Asian F2P crap" while listing Forsaken World as a top MMO in another thread.  Seriously.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I have to ask, at least in this particular thing... what hidden costs?

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-takes-your-wvw-questions-here-and-on-reddit

Blog post from february 23rd, 2012 (as in, long before release, and long before you could even pre-purchase):

"Every account has a home server where your characters are created. You can only fight for your home world in WvW."... "You will have to pay a fee to change your home server (price undetermined), and that will also discourage people from server hopping to chase world bonuses.".

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2

Another blog post, this one from April 24th, before the first beta weekend:

"For our first Beta Weekend Event (April 27-29), home-world selection and world transfers will work just as they will when Guild Wars 2 launches." "While you can change your home world, there is a limit of one world transfer every seven days per account and a charge of 1,800 gems for each transfer. A world transfer moves all of your existing characters to your new home world. Any subsequent characters you create will also play in this new home world."

That's just a couple, and I remember reading a lot about it on interviews and other articles

If you want to complain, there are quite a few legit reasons, for example, how rare the BL chest keys are on drops (so far I've gotten one as a drop since release), but really the only thing hidden about server transfers were how long they were going to be free after release.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by Kyleran
    You can always reroll on a new server, won't cost you anything. Move along, nothing to see here.

Lovely_Laly, those who are ranting are the "world hoppers" who can't stand to see their server loose a worldvworld fight... Those hoppers are one of the reasons why some servers are now not active in WWW and just a few of the top servers have full-time queue with more than 3 hours waiting time on it.

The world transfers aren't meant to be free, they just postponed to charge it untill everything settled down. Now when they FINALLY started to charge it and prevented people from jumping and ruining servers ranking, now they're whining. I couldn't care less if they're charging transfers, because I can always guest at any server I wish if I want to do some PvE there with friends or something... But it's a good thing they finally made this happen and made new server ranks for WWW.

Kyleran, you can't "reroll" on a new server. Once you choose your home server it's your home server permanently and there's no going back. You can always guest at other servers for free while wondering around Tyria and doing some PvE, but you can't play WWW or PVP on that server unless it's your Homeworld (that's why those numbnuts are transfering to the wining server every time).

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Hidden cost would mean we didn't know about it and nobody ever mentioned this would happen...

But we did know, they talked about it alot even before the game was out and everything they have in the cash shop or things they charge for - it was all said before the game event started with beta weekends. So if you got cought up in hype, you probably heard about those things, unless you just didn't care (but then you wouldn't care for anyhting they're charging, right?)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------