Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why we unsubbed

13»

Comments

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Nice Karu but completely off topic. The problem is, CRS loses 100 subs and they chase 1000 away with their solutions.
  • wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by anfiach`
    Nice Karu but completely off topic. The problem is, CRS loses 100 subs and they chase 1000 away with their solutions.

He IS on topic, he seems(to me) to be countering/disagreeing with some of these reasons givin here of why you un-subbed, so let me get this straight, only people who unsubbed can disagree with some of theses reasons given(by your logic)? How is that fair?

I thought he gave a great synapsis on what the experiences were from the beginning of this game and why/how some things are, the way they are! Hey ,If the Game is fun to you, Play it!  And if it's not(here's some brilliant advice), Dont.

))))  NOT A THING WRONG WITH THAT IMO.   ((((

So to give someone a false compement and say"Completely off topic" followed by slanderous opinion, aint very helpful and in some circles would even be considered unnecessarily  Rude.

Whether or not "CRS loses 100 subs, and chase 1000 away with their solutions", is to be debated i'm sure, especially if you are a player who feels entitled to more than your sub paid. I personally do not feel my sub also buys me an opinion on the game's direction or how it manages it's staff lol.

I FREELY give my opinion just as some of you, with a BIG difference though: I don't get mad/take it personal, when I don't get my way, and then bitch about that. This excludes my marrige of course.

So Anfiach, to be fair,  Unless the topic here is "Let's make this an anti-WW2Online Thread/hatered circle-jerk", I think we are All on topic here so far:) I would reconsider his post,  even as it's written.

I got one for you , this will sound a bit "off topic" at first, but it's very on topic I promise you... Ever play "stop hitting yourself" with someone before? You know the one, where you are making someone hit themselves, in the face with their own arms? ... well stop hitting yourself mate.

!S player

The topic is "why we unsubbed" if it were a direct response to something posted it would be on topic. Instead it was a separate topic. I didn't criticize anything in Karus post, in fact, I thought it was a well written post and they are entitled to their opinions. Perhaps you feel I'm not entitled to mine.

The point is to publicly let CRS know why we are unhappy with their services. Why publicly? Because potential customers have a right to know that others have grievances, real or imagined, so that they can make an informed decision.

Do people feel entitled to more than what their subscription provides? Perhaps but many also feel that the game was never worth the subscription (after all, it wasn't complete when released), that they were actually investing in its development by paying it. Let's not forget those Builder accounts and those that payed for RA after being told it was critical for BEs future. Why should they not be entitled to complain when their investment has yielded no return? I know I payed for a sandbox MMO, not a bad shoebox shooter.

However, there is no room for debate with regard to my statement. The numbers are arbitrary but represent the truth. CRS loses a relatively small number of subscriptions and with their hamfisted, kneejerk solutions, they cause mass exodus of their players. Evidence? Population levels speak for themselves. The game once boasted thousands of players, now they brag about a mere 120 attending a planned event.

Rude? Perhaps you've broken all of the mirrors in your home.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

However, there is no room for debate with regard to my statement. The numbers are arbitrary but represent the truth. CRS loses a relatively small number of subscriptions and with their hamfisted, kneejerk solutions, they cause mass exodus of their players. Evidence? Population levels speak for themselves. The game once boasted thousands of players, now they brag about a mere 120 attending a planned event.

Exactly Anfiach.   I can remember when JG2 took off with over 100 people on a squad night.   Or when 1st FJ seperated into 3 seperate squads because of our size.    We formed ZG76, 1st FJ, and SG26.    On one 1st FJ only Para assault we had over 60 people as para troops.   And we were outnumbered by the Allies when we landed, by almost 2:1.      I remember leading a tank assault of 14 tanks, and 4 Opels, with 10 men in each and 8 HTs pulling a dozen AT guns.    And that was a small attack.  

I remember watching CE leading a Allied tank attack on several towns, I would sit out in the middle of nowhere in my StuG IIIG with a couple of dedicated tanker squad mates, and we would pick off half the group before they got to their objective.    And those attacks would number in the 50 to 60 range.  

I think WWIIOL could be there again if they just focused on one thing and made the game what it should have been.   

So much crap, so little quality.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Do people feel entitled to more than what their subscription provides? Perhaps but many also feel that the game was never worth the subscription (after all, it wasn't complete when released), that they were actually investing in its development by paying it. Let's not forget those Builder accounts and those that payed for RA after being told it was critical for BEs future. Why should they not be entitled to complain when their investment has yielded no return? I know I payed for a sandbox MMO, not a bad shoebox shooter.

The realization that CRS spent the last few years working on RA rather than WW2online probably killed a lot of the "sympathy subs" out there. I know that many players said they hardly played and kept subbed just to keep development going. I paid $9.99 to resub, it's still boring most of the time, I might unsub or stay subscribed but that all depends on the quality of the game; I don't care about the plight of the company or all these stupid emotional appeals anymore.

There was an intern who was working on a topographical map, the last we heard of him in the forums he said something about being diverted to work on Rapid Assault. So even little things that we were expecting and looking forward to were shelved in favor of that project.

Of course there's no new news in the RA beta forums and any threads about Rapid Assault in the official forums are locked. They don't even respond to posters in the beta forums who ask when the server will come online again or who want their money back. As far as I'm concerned CRS is down there with the shadiest of indie developers.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Aren't you happy they are focussing on working on the main server now or are just going to whine about old stuff?
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Stug
    Aren't you happy they are focussing on working on the main server now or are just going to whine about old stuff?

Old stuff?  The RA kickstarter was only 8 months ago, They had an RA event last month.

They're still wasting time on it.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Working on RA?

They have a possible investor in the RA technology/engine etc...

They have no coder ATM, what could they possibly be working on?

Go play WWII Online or just go away.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by pittpete

Go play WWII Online or just go away.

Neither for me, thanks!

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Hodo

Exactly Anfiach.   I can remember when JG2 took off with over 100 people on a squad night.   Or when 1st FJ seperated into 3 seperate squads because of our size.    We formed ZG76, 1st FJ, and SG26.    On one 1st FJ only Para assault we had over 60 people as para troops.   And we were outnumbered by the Allies when we landed, by almost 2:1.      I remember leading a tank assault of 14 tanks, and 4 Opels, with 10 men in each and 8 HTs pulling a dozen AT guns.    And that was a small attack.  

I remember watching CE leading a Allied tank attack on several towns, I would sit out in the middle of nowhere in my StuG IIIG with a couple of dedicated tanker squad mates, and we would pick off half the group before they got to their objective.    And those attacks would number in the 50 to 60 range.  

I think WWIIOL could be there again if they just focused on one thing and made the game what it should have been.   

Loved those numbers.  Those were the days when the complaint was you couldn't tow 20 ATGs behind a truck because of rubber banding (always lost a few otw).

It's old stuff now. Has anyone mentioned the live server work?

You know, the work linked to reduce the need for server resets.
  • pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Stug, hopefully it works out.

They said it would take a few days or so to see if the maintenance work took.

DOC quote(with just a touch of snarkyness)

Well since the object of the excercise is to extend daily maintenance out to a point where it can become weekly, we won't know until the server has been up more than a day, say like 2 or 3 days. Then we have to see how it's going after a week. So it's too early to tell right now.

Nothing obvious broke, so that's a good start.

Well since the object of the excercise is to extend daily maintenance out to a point where it can become weekly, we won't know until the server has been up more than a day, say like 2 or 3 days. Then we have to see how it's going after a week. So it's too early to tell right now.

Yup and not one snippet "OH..thats good!" from people complaining about lack of activity on the server.

Didn't these guys kick up a fuss about the issue a server reset caused for one side? Now, they are tryign to sort it...<crickets>

Originally posted by Stug

Yup and not one snippet "OH..thats good!" from people complaining about lack of activity on the server.

Didn't these guys kick up a fuss about the issue a server reset caused for one side? Now, they are tryign to sort it...

When they eliminate the resets altogether then I'll say "Ooh that's good.".

• argelargel Member Posts: 34
    In fairness Eve have daily server resets at 11am GMT and nobody gives a crap. Even though it's not the core reason why people are upset about this one - which clearly seems to stink even if it actually was a coincidence - it's not worth even considring a day when resets aren't necessary. They just are.