Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why we unsubbed

I unsubbed for the following reasons (in no particular order)

 

DOC's hostile attitude

The Spawn Delay

The over-moderated forums

The mobile spawns, frus and other magical box teleporting stupid things that make other aspects of the game unimportant or useless.

The low population

The Antwerp incident

CRS handing out pity maps.

The launching of Rapid Assault while the main bugs remain in wwii online.

 

Add all this together and there is no reason to subscribe... at least not for me.

Why did YOU unsub ?

«13

Comments

  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow TurkuMember Posts: 1,182 Uncommon
    I never saw any reason to sub in the first place o/
  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    Originally posted by hoober
    I unsubbed for the following reasons (in no particular order)   DOC's hostile attitude The Spawn Delay The over-moderated forums The mobile spawns, frus and other magical box teleporting stupid things that make other aspects of the game unimportant or useless. The low population The Antwerp incident CRS handing out pity maps. The launching of Rapid Assault while the main bugs remain in wwii online.   Add all this together and there is no reason to subscribe... at least not for me. Why did YOU unsub ?

    If your unsubbing over Antwerp and "pity maps" I will simply lol at you and say farewell.

     

    Low pop? Welcome to 5 straight maps as allied, did we unsub and complain?

     

    The ONLY thing I agree( tho doesnt mean im unsubbing) is RA. I feel those funds should of been put into the main server,but as ive said before,its not my business or my call so.

    image

  • hooberhoober SMember Posts: 25
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    Originally posted by hoober
    I unsubbed for the following reasons (in no particular order)   DOC's hostile attitude The Spawn Delay The over-moderated forums The mobile spawns, frus and other magical box teleporting stupid things that make other aspects of the game unimportant or useless. The low population The Antwerp incident CRS handing out pity maps. The launching of Rapid Assault while the main bugs remain in wwii online.   Add all this together and there is no reason to subscribe... at least not for me. Why did YOU unsub ?

    If your unsubbing over Antwerp and "pity maps" I will simply lol at you and say farewell.

     

    Low pop? Welcome to 5 straight maps as allied, did we unsub and complain?

     

    The ONLY thing I agree( tho doesnt mean im unsubbing) is RA. I feel those funds should of been put into the main server,but as ive said before,its not my business or my call so.

    I wrote "Add all this together", but you must have missed that.

    And this thread is for those of us who actually did unsub... and you did not so I lol at you. Read better next time.

  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    Nobody cares why you rage quit. Its same old axis crap. Be well

    image

  • pittpetepittpete poughkeepsie, NYMember Posts: 233

    DOC's attitude would not back me quit a game I enjoy.

    Last year DOC sent me a pretty straight forward PM filled with his usual pleasantries.

    I got pissed and unsubbed.

    In the comments when unsubbing I stated DOC as the reason.

    Once I cooled off I resubbed because I wasn't going to let him ruin my fun.

    I take stabs at DOC in the forums when he becomes arrogant or posts one of his Confucious/Mike Brady or degrading responses.

    I just laugh inside and wonder who is really smarter.....

     

    image

  • RigamortisRigamortis Nextdoor, CAMember Posts: 206 Uncommon
    Originally posted by pittpete
    DOC's attitude would not back me quit a game I enjoy. Last year DOC sent me a pretty straight forward PM filled with his usual pleasantries. I got pissed and unsubbed. In the comments when unsubbing I stated DOC as the reason. Once I cooled off I resubbed because I wasn't going to let him ruin my fun. I take stabs at DOC in the forums when he becomes arrogant or posts one of his Confucious/Mike Brady or degrading responses. I just laugh inside and wonder who is really smarter.....  

     Would love to see you post this on the official forums.  Guess what?  You would have a week vacation and the post deleted as well.

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthMember Posts: 134
    Well to be fair, it's CRS' forum. Why would they want subjects that are detrimental to their game hosted on their forum?

    Would you want a billboard of your issues and mistakes planted in your garden?

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • BodkinBarberBodkinBarber BirminghamMember Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Silky303
    Well to be fair, it's CRS' forum. Why would they want subjects that are detrimental to their game hosted on their forum?

    Would you want a billboard of your issues and mistakes planted in your garden?

    It would be logical for them to internalise all the negative stuff on their close forums so public forums are all positive (unlike here). Gestapo forum policy helps nobody in the long run.

     

    Likewise CRS is not a 'house' but a business. A business needs to take the good and the bad, listen to it's customers and regulary evaluate itself.

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthMember Posts: 134
    Wouldn't disagree with your comments but don't ignore the fact that the threads that are started aren't reasonable, considered requests for clarification and explanation.

    Gaming forums bring out the child in people and the majority of howling that follow these drama episodes - be it Antwerp, Verdun, Nandrin, Oyaji, Darkvex, Ce etc etc - are quite simply pitiful emotional outbursts. That they come from grown men with families and careers astounds me

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • 1.AR-GSC-XXX1.AR-GSC-XXX nyc, NYMember Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Silky303
    Well to be fair, it's CRS' forum. Why would they want subjects that are detrimental to their game hosted on their forum?

    Would you want a billboard of your issues and mistakes planted in your garden?

    ...because allowing it on an already  "Only For Premium Subscribers"-Forum you still have SOME control over it with all that that implies - deleting / closing / locking / banning everything and everyone in an otherwise pretty open environment (internet) is a really bad choice - see this forum here. You can't make people shut up and pretend that all is good and well and problems don't exist by doing so...

    Hence people come here, f.e., and post it again, but not under crs control anymore and where EVERYBODY can read it, incl. the handful of potential subscribers.

    Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer - something that doesn't seem to have sunk in yet

     

    PS forums as of late are more like the communist party headquarters atm - giving out short Communiques which everyone has to accept, critics/questions get silenced IN silence, no discussion allowed. All thats missing atm is a painting of  certain crs employees in Kim Jong-un  fashion standing taller like the 2nd coming of christ, surrounded by certain members of the PB which shall remain unnamed by their feet getting padded on the head..

  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAMember Posts: 183

    I unsubbed because I have absolutely no confidence in the company anymore. Updates were annual or semi-annual with little or no significant content back when they had all their personnel, now they have no one who can code the game and we're supposed to believe that once they get a coder we'll have 1.35 and bunch of other improvements? Please.


    They dicked around for years with no real vision. Their updates were half "copy this other company's product" and half "how do we raise money to get out of this genre?". They had God knows how many producers and ancillary personnel but they could not afford to hire anyone who could build new tanks or aircraft, or even a freaking player placed object. They absolutely refuse to go back on any of their failed development decisions.


    They take so little pride in their work and yet you still see DOC moaning on the forums about how no investors will give them the time of day because CRS has had one very small online game in 12 years. There are many respectable companies out there with just one or a few products, but in those cases they've continually updated their games. Those companies have a portfolio they can be proud of(even if it's slim) because they've continually improved their game(s) instead of abandoning them.


    Finally they have virtually no grasp of marketing, their web presence is abysmal, and the few remaining employees can barely hide their contempt for their subscribers. They say that everything to do with the game is infinitely complex that none of the players could possibly understand or assist with, when they have to get people from the community to build their website, critique their ad design, and as said before no one left at the company knows how to work on their own game.

  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember Posts: 387
    Originally posted by BodkinBarber

    Originally posted by Silky303
    Well to be fair, it's CRS' forum. Why would they want subjects that are detrimental to their game hosted on their forum?

    Would you want a billboard of your issues and mistakes planted in your garden?

    It would be logical for them to internalise all the negative stuff on their close forums so public forums are all positive (unlike here). Gestapo forum policy helps nobody in the long run.

     

    Likewise CRS is not a 'house' but a business. A business needs to take the good and the bad, listen to it's customers and regulary evaluate itself.

     

    So when DOC says they listen to feedback, what do you think? Do you think he is lieing? Do you think he is ignoring you?

    Personally I think calling there policy Gestapo like is pretty silly. Did they come to your house, take you away, against your free will or did you willingly sign up to a code of conduct that just meant if you bash the devs/flame/rant etc you'll loose your right to participate like an adult?

    P.S. The threads above provide a great example off the sort of posting that will not win you any favours, because it's pretty much to the degree of an attack of interemashed personal opinions related as facts you really don't need to go to if you are interested inn maintaining a link with a community.

    P.P.S. Community support? Yes way! People giving their time for this game to help it I think goes a long way to underline the brilliant passion this game raises from people.
  • BodkinBarberBodkinBarber BirminghamMember Posts: 106
    Originally posted by 1.AR-GSC-XXX

    PS forums as of late are more like the communist party headquarters atm - giving out short Communiques which everyone has to accept, critics/questions get silenced IN silence, no discussion allowed. All thats missing atm is a painting of  certain crs employees in Kim Jong-un  fashion standing taller like the 2nd coming of christ, surrounded by certain members of the PB which shall remain unnamed by their feet getting padded on the head..

  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAMember Posts: 183


    Originally posted by Stug
    So when DOC says they listen to feedback, what do you think? Do you think he is lieing? Do you think he is ignoring you?

    Yes and yes. They don't listen much to current subscribers(much less critical ones), only to exit polls. They ignored everyone's complaints about everything from the price to the lack of content until 1.34 when a bunch of players unsubscribed.


    Originally posted by Stug
    Personally I think calling there policy Gestapo like is pretty silly. Did they come to your house, take you away, against your free will or did you willingly sign up to a code of conduct that just meant if you bash the devs/flame/rant etc you'll loose your right to participate like an adult?

    It's funny when you say that "Gestapo" is a silly description of their community because when someone here criticizes the company or their decisions the first thing you guys do is obsess over what that person's game name is. You don't even address the criticism, you just belittle the poster and dismiss them as some unhinged hater. It's the standard CRS response except you cannot lock or delete discussions here like you do on their official forums.


    Originally posted by Stug
    P.S. The threads above provide a great example off the sort of posting that will not win you any favours, because it's pretty much to the degree of an attack of interemashed personal opinions related as facts you really don't need to go to if you are interested inn maintaining a link with a community.

    They have no left who knows how to work on the game's code. They've lost a lot of subscriptions. Rapid Assault is dead in the water. They've had to be explicitly instructed by long time players that their web pages are awful and their ads are poorly made. The game is quiet except for a few select periods of the day, and a few longer periods on the weekend.


    These are all facts, not personal opinions of mine but if you bring them up you'll either get a seething post from DOC about how mean you are for stating the obvious or the post will be locked/deleted. The company is incredibly insulated, which is probably why they seriously thought that people would be willing to pay $17.99/month for this game and that a low-res remake of Call of Duty 2 would be popular in 2013.

  • RefMinorRefMinor MyTownMember Posts: 3,452 Uncommon
    Originally posted by david06
    They've had to be explicitly instructed by long time players that their web pages are awful and their ads are poorly made.

    I must say the Ads do look cheap, were they a community effort or a company one?

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthMember Posts: 134
    Originally posted by david06

    They have no left who knows how to work on the game's code. They've lost a lot of subscriptions. Rapid Assault is dead in the water. They've had to be explicitly instructed by long time players that their web pages are awful and their ads are poorly made. The game is quiet except for a few select periods of the day, and a few longer periods on the weekend.

    These are all facts, not personal opinions of mine but if you bring them up you'll either get a seething post from DOC about how mean you are for stating the obvious or the post will be locked/deleted. The company is incredibly insulated, which is probably why they seriously thought that people would be willing to pay $17.99/month for this game and that a low-res remake of Call of Duty 2 would be popular in 2013.

    David, you've got to see that comments like that - questioning the competence of CRS - simply can't sit on the official forums. Whilst you might see it as valid opinion, the impact it might have on new players or passing visiting players would be pretty poor.

    Better to try and engage with CRS by email, or some other kind of personal channel.

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • papagulfpapagulf Salem, ORMember Posts: 3

    You know, I could write volumes on WW2OL. I was a day one player, a member of Lafayette and ‘The Legion’ ( if anyone remembers those). I ran tank columns back in the day.

    I’ve left and returned a few times over the years, most recently this past August.  I played for two months then un-subbed for a number of reasons.

    1. DOC
    2. Bugged 1.35
    3. Lack of Coders
    4. Player view limit
    5. Random CTD’s after mission spawning
    6. Lack of players
    7. DOC

    How a company can continue to employ a guy with his attitude just astonishes me. After reading one too many of his spiteful, arrogant diatribes to the very people who pay his salary I finally just said to myself—no, my money is not going to his pocket anymore. I can deal with the game itself, but not his attitude.

     When and if they let him go, and if the game is still around, I’ll rejoin as a paying customer.

     For now, I have a F2P account that I occasionally use.

     Papagulf

  • pittpetepittpete poughkeepsie, NYMember Posts: 233
    Isn't  DOC an owner/original creator of WWII Online? 

    image

  • papagulfpapagulf Salem, ORMember Posts: 3
    Originally posted by pittpete
    Isn't  DOC an owner/original creator of WWII Online? 

    I have no idea.

  • HodoHodo Raeford, NCMember Posts: 542


    Originally posted by pittpete Isn't  DOC an owner/original creator of WWII Online? 
    No.

     

    DOC is not the owner or original creator of WWIIOL.

     

    He is how ever one of the original game programmers and designers.   If I recall it was GOPHER who ultimately lead the shop at CRS, and BLU was the other member.   When the game launched 12 years (+/- 6months) it had I think 6 programmers/designers.  

     

    I know after about two years, half of the original staff had left CRS.   One of the largest setbacks was the main engine coder and designer left, which meant they had to start over with a new game engine.   


    Originally posted by david06 I unsubbed because I have absolutely no confidence in the company anymore. Updates were annual or semi-annual with little or no significant content back when they had all their personnel, now they have no one who can code the game and we're supposed to believe that once they get a coder we'll have 1.35 and bunch of other improvements? Please. They dicked around for years with no real vision. Their updates were half "copy this other company's product" and half "how do we raise money to get out of this genre?". They had God knows how many producers and ancillary personnel but they could not afford to hire anyone who could build new tanks or aircraft, or even a freaking player placed object. They absolutely refuse to go back on any of their failed development decisions.

    I couldnt agree more.

     

     

    So much crap, so little quality.

  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAMember Posts: 183


    Originally posted by Silky303David, you've got to see that comments like that - questioning the competence of CRS - simply can't sit on the official forums. Whilst you might see it as valid opinion, the impact it might have on new players or passing visiting players would be pretty poor.Better to try and engage with CRS by email, or some other kind of personal channel.

    That may be true but those are still the reasons why I finally unsubbed.


    I only played one or two campaigns as allied(if that) so I'm sure it's easy to say "lol another biased axis player getting mad and leaving" but I stayed subscribed for years even when I didn't agree with the decisions or attitude of the company. I kept subscribed even when the periods of big battles and great teamwork went from fairly normal and expected to increasingly rare and sporadic because the game was that enjoyable when it was at it's best. It wasn't until events made it obvious that the company was no longer focusing on WW2online that I unsubbed.


    I guess you're the moderator "silky" on the forums? Have they done anything with your FRU bunker proposal yet? Fixing the FRU should've been #1 on the priorities list because the introduction of the FRU angered tankers, and the "fix" of a 10-minute rebuild timer angered a lot more players, not mention slowing down an already slow game. During the last rat-chat a player even asked about FRUs and the CRS people were caught off-guard, as if they were unaware that there was an issue with the game's core spawning mechanic. Player-placed objects are a feature that CRS seemed to go to a lot of work to implement but that they just abandoned; we need more bunkers, tank defiliades, AA pits, but it seems that all of the dev hours recently went in to Rapid Assault.


    Perhaps there's enough goodwill still left in the community to pull them out of their current problems, but if it's there it's not coming from me.

  • dinamsdinams Muriae, VAMember Posts: 1,362

    Im quite curious

    What happened that this area suddenly got active with tons of people posting/fighting?

    Game is popular or community is quite vocal?

    "It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

  • rendusrendus smyrna, TNMember Posts: 327
    CRS is spending advertising dollars on this site and the subscribers flooded in to give a positive spin to the game. Otherwise, this forum would still be the ghost town it's been for years.
  • BodkinBarberBodkinBarber BirminghamMember Posts: 106
    Originally posted by pittpete
    Isn't  DOC an owner/original creator of WWII Online? 

    Doc and Maypole (CEO) go back to 'War Birds', a game by Ientertainment/Interactive Magic predating WW2online so doc was around when the game was started up as well as a number of ex employees (Gophur might be as well).  Don't know about if doc owns any amount of Playnet/CRS

  • BodkinBarberBodkinBarber BirminghamMember Posts: 106
    Originally posted by dinams
    Im quite curious What happened that this area suddenly got active with tons of people posting/fighting? Game is popular or community is quite vocal?

    Before the advertising push I think most didn't know there were active, non moderated ww2online forum. Most other forums for the game is squad forums which normally are a closed shop and have only 8 or so active members so an active forum like this draws lots of people from past and present

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.