Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What i think about Dust514...!

FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103
Well it's a monotone game which offers little for new players but is created for the existing player base.

Being a X Eve online player I bought into the Beta and purchased the Merc Pack in the hope that this game would give me a deeper connection with EVE and get me playing again. However it looses its Fun factor after a few hours of play. Dont take my word for it.. its free go try it!

However I am left with the conclusion that Dust player retention will be very low and really only serve to create another layer of complexity for the excisting EVE players.

Another way for CCP to extract more revenue from the exciting player base!

I feel Dust will choke on its own particles.

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

A bit like I'm thinking about DUST too. It's quite complex for an FPS and they have already started the HTFU mentality towards their playerbase. Makes me wonder about their statements about not releasing to PC because they don't want to cannibalize their EVE playerbase.

Funny thing, the great majority of the positive reviews of the game I've seen are from ex or current EVE players. Most of the others I've seen are from your average PS3 Joe, who likes his FPSs fast and simple.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I disagree - I think it's a good game - and let's not forget - It's still very much in beta.

There is a lot of content we haven't seen yet.

DUST isn't really connected to Eve at all yet - all that is to come.

My only concern was whether tanks are overpowered / pay-to-win, but I now feel CCP have got it exactly right.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Felconian

Wow, is this our first "DUST does cater to EVE players therefore it will fail" doom post?

Or am I falsely assuming that 'exciting' was meant to be 'existing' and this is just a nonsense sentence of random words?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Wow, is this our first "DUST does cater to EVE players therefore it will fail" doom post?

Or am I falsely assuming that 'exciting' was meant to be 'existing' and this is just a nonsense sentence of random words?

As a EVE player, I can think of many words for our EVE  player base. EXCITING is not one of them :-D

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by xpowderx
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

As a EVE player, I can think of many words for our EVE  player base. EXCITING is not one of them :-D

While that's one word I wouldn't use regarding 'mining' or 'gatecamping', I'd definitely describe the community that way. If you ever get a chance, come to Fanfest or one of the player gatherings. You see a whole other side of the playerbase. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre