Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corporate Sponsorship

SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

I used to play this game, and have nothing but fond memories. But I had to quit due to financial problems. I think it would be awesome if this game went the way of Anarchy Online and took sponsorship and took away monthly fees. I personally wouldn't mind it, when I played they already had the option to put up McDonalds stands. Just a thought, I'd love to get back into the game.

--------------------------------------

Comments

• MaxoidMaxoid Member Posts: 20

I would be all for corporate sponsorship. More players means more content. The Sims Online is the ideal game for corporate sponsorship as well.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I agree with both of you. AO went in a good direction with the billboards and I think it's really cool to show ads in a game, even in missions. I think they should start some kind of short animated ads (that dosen't make lag or ingame problems) so i can stop and watch it. image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• KatheryneKatheryne Member Posts: 130

This would be interesting, to say the least.  Around two years ago when Maxis brought the McDonald's stuff to the game, it was met with a McFlurry (sorry, bad pun) of controversy, particularly from those thinking Maxis had sold out to corporate interests.

But that was two years ago.  Today, I believe there is a general understanding that such corporate presence in the game would translate to either lowered subscription fees or more development manpower.  Personally, if somthing like this were to happen, I'd rather the money go toward adding to the TSO development team.  I'm not saying they're not doing a good job - quite the contrary, they've been rolling out some great updates lately, with some big changes and improvements in the hopper - but when it comes to manpower for an online game, you can never have to much!

So if it means more manpower behind TSO, I will gladly eat my Ruffles™ potato chips, dispose of the trash using Glad™ trash bags, make sure that my maytag™ refrigerator is in good repair, and grab a quick nap on my Sealy™ Posturpedic™ mattress. image