Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRASH counter !

2»

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Banquetto

Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    What part of BETA is hard to understand?

Probably the part where the game is freely open to all comers, a promise of no more wipes has been made, and the cash shop is open for business and taking customers' orders right now.

sounds more like a launched game than a Beta. At least going by those definitions, but its not the only game to claim to still be in Beta while charging for in game content and having a working cash shop etc. It is a bit of a contentious issue i know. image

Well they call it a beta, I paid nothing. It says beta on their site. So I guess its a beta.

I think part of the problem is, what constitutes launched for a f2p game after they have opened the cs and said there will be no wipes?  This isn't just a Path of Exiles issue, but once you have opened a f2p game to the general public, and allowed purchases from the cash shop, and have said there will be no more wipes, what distinguishes that from "launched" product? (I'm not being facetious, at least not intentionally, I think this is an issue that occurs in many f2p games but doesn't really get talked about all that much).

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Love to hear your explanation on how they are to test the Store without it accepting orders and being live.

Well, look at what GW2 did. First of all, they tested the cash shop by giving everyone in beta a bunch of gems to spend. Then, they tested the credit card gateway by asking beta testers to make a $1 purchase (which would then be refunded) with their credit cards. Of course, this was prior to final character wipes so none of these giveaways persisted into launch.

Seemed to work just fine.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well this is still in beta...

Plus I dont think I ahve had the game ctash once since i started testing last summer.. yes I have had a few disconnects especially when OB went live but still thats not bad at all for an indie company I ahve seen far far worse AAA games in beta..

@op if your game is actually crashing then it could be an issue with your PC as I have played this now on multiple PCs and laptops without a single crash.

Also OP you should be on the POE forums reporting any bugs not crying on these forums.