Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Marvel Heroes: Marvel Heroes We'd Like to See

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

It won't matter how many playable heroes Marvel Heroes features at launch, everyone is sure to left wanting for a favorite that didn't make the cut. We're offering up our own shortlist of heroes we'd like to see added and we'd love to hear your own in the comments!

I get why Rocket Raccoon made the short list given the whole Guardians of the Galaxy film that Marvel has on deck. But Squirrel Girl? I fully admit I don’t have my thumb on the pulse of the Marvel fandom these days, but is there really a super vocal and passionate Squirrel Girl fanbase out there? This slot could have easily gone to a Gambit or other staple Marvel character.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Marvel Heroes We'd Like to See.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• nabbenabbe Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Stephen strange, iron fist and Emma frost!

blee

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by nabbe
    Stephen strange, iron fist and Emma frost!

Emma Frost is already announced (post-launch, I believe).

Here's the full list.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527

Domino, X-23, Armor, Drax the Destroyer, Nick Fury, Jamie Maddrox, Banshee...

The list is huge. Some just because they are personal faves of mine, most because some awesome powerset opportunities.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    I'd have prefered Ghost Rider over Squirrel Girl :P But I think a lot of these are going to be hard to implement. How do you balance and keep true to characters like Ghost Rider and Night Crawler? Characters like the Hulk and such are easy, but others not so much. 
  • richrodjrrichrodjr Member Posts: 3
    yesss add them!!!! I want psylocke so bad
  • huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    I just want to say that the customer service, and in particular LEAH in CS, is top notch and very responsive. It is always a pleasure when dealing with professionals.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Proteus who is the overpowered child mutant.  He can possess people and alter reality. Probably the only guy who can actually totally freak out Wolverine hehe!  Yes I know...it's never going to happen...
  • NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
    As much as I want to play this I can't untill they release dr. Strange for me and either nightcrawler or gambit for my gf who is looking forward to this game.
  • KrellenKrellen Member Posts: 84
    Adam Warlock.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I would love to see Longshot added he's one of my favorites. As well as Deathlok, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray, Cloak, Dagger, Puck, Dazzler, Northstar, Shaman and Shatterstar. These are some of the heroes that I use to follow in comics at one point or another.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Beast needs to be in the game! who cares if he gets blue fur stuck in the drain.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• NyQuil81NyQuil81 Member Posts: 101
    Sentry.
  • ZereiZerei Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Nightcrawler (The traditional one...)
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    I thought Nightcrawler was dead? (and hadn't been brought back to life... yet)
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Uatu the Watcher would Pwn...can you imagine the head buts

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627

Gambit

Havok would translate well

Sub-mariner and/or Black Bolt to complete the "Illuminati" with Dr. Strange mentioned above.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Blade and Silver Surfer for me and another vote for Dr Strange.
  • milluxmillux Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Howard the Duck, Franklin Richards, Nate Grey (yeah, they have Cable)
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Psylock, juggernot, silver surfer, jubulee, rogue, gambit, havok, iceman, nightcrawler, carnage
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    Originally posted by Etherignis
    Psylock, juggernot, silver surfer, jubulee, rogue, gambit, havok, iceman, nightcrawler, carnage

"juggernaut"? Heroes :-) of course guess they could do Colussus' Juggernaut ;-)

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Sorry I am waiting on Gambit before I give it a try
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

If they kept Squirrel Girl, surely there's room for Howard the Duck?

Oh, right, Howard's still vaguely shameful to Marvel thanks to that miserable movie. I'm guessing Elektra's out (unspoken) for the same reasons?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Oh, right, Howard's still vaguely shameful to Marvel thanks to that miserable movie. I'm guessing Elektra's out (unspoken) for the same reasons?

Howard the Duck is a classic. So bad it is good. Definately worth watching

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Yizle

Howard the Duck is a classic. So bad it is definately worth watching

It's pretty difficult to get anyone in the industry to talk about what happened to poor Howard.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Howard the Duck is a classic. So bad it is definately worth watching

blasphemy Howard is the 80s at its BEST:) nothing bad about it:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg