Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is your money going this year ?

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    In regards to games? $0
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

1. Elder Scrolls Online

2.  Starbound - not an MMO but a very cool looking  2d platformer "universe" sandbox game

3.  EQ Next if it comes out this year and and IF it looks good.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Madimorga

I'm thinking my money will go somewhere else, not to MMOs anymore.  The forced group and grind formula never appealed to me.  Guild Wars 2 was my last hope of not having socializing shoved down my throat and the devs mucked that all up with the garbage fractal grind, so they get no more money either.

I'll just play free games (for free) and spend my cash on other forms of entertainment.

Wait a minute....grouping in a MMO? Who would have thought. You are right though MMO's are not your type of game.

My watchlist is EQN and AA. Maybe TESO will have to see more of it.

I am already in PoE so not sure if that counts and EQ2 but using kronos.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Guns. Lots of guns. Ammunition too. I have enough games for now.

Lost all mine in a boating accident.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by Sunscour

anything that Steams puts on sale for at least 75%....

Hahaha.... So true.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by NorseGod

YEp, all mine are gone too, so please, when the time comes and they go door to door, dont come here....

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Nikopol
    Originally posted by Sunscour

anything that Steams puts on sale for at least 75%....

Hahaha.... So true.

Yeah those usually grab my attention and got so many i haven't even put any real time into.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i might buy TESO and Blade & Soul for the free months. I plan to stay free this year. Buying games (single players and mmos) but not paying any subs.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Naowut

Just like last year, not towards gaming.

Be smart kids.

same, resuming my studies so hopefully not towards mmorpgs , consumed too much of my time back in the days

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Dragonborn.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Elder Scrolls

Sim City 5

Defiance

Nothing else looks remotely interesting

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

For MMOs defientely TESO and hopefully the DayZ standalone have been wanting to try this game but refuse to spend money on Arma I tried the free versions and were just completely aweful.

General Gaming the PS4 if it does comeout this year. GTA5, The last of us, Dark Souls 3(can't wait to die againimage), Watch Dogs is looking interesting.

And unlikely but Ground Zeroes, Versus XIII, and The Last Guardian.

Non Gaming some new Ski boots(Full Tilt Seth's) and hopefully a new car or Kawasaki Ninjaimage.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

As far as MMOs go...right now the only one I'm planning on getting if it gets released this year is EQ:N. Maybe spend a little in GW2's shop, but I doubt it. I don't have a problem grinding the gold to get my gems.

I'll probably put some money into PoE. Meant to get one of the founder's packs when I had the chance but didn't get to it. Have to support a company like that who puts out a quality game and risk everything making it free to play.

Just no MMOs that really appeal to me that are coming out. TESO sounds massively disappointing as a fan of The Elder Scrolls series. Wildstar sounds good, but I don't like the art style. Neverwinter I'll probably give a go if I can try for free. Other than that, really just banking in EQ:N to be honest. If that turns out to be a flop, probably just hang on to GW2 if I'm still liking it or go back to my single player games and weep.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Continue my WoW subscription.

Will eventually buy TSW .

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    FF14,Teso,ArcheAge

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by NorseGod

LMAO what's the story behind that? Also thinking of maybe purchasing an AK with this whole assault weapons ban drama.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Bioshock Infinite to start with. I've had the highest grade edition preordered since it was announced.

If Blizzard drops a Diablo 3 expansion, then I'll be picking that up as well.

Waiting to see what cosmetics will be available in TERA, if some are decent I might drop some cash there.

The Tomb Raider prequel is also very high up on my list of games to have at some point this year.

Gears of War: Judgment will get a look from me at some point, although probably not at launch.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Wasteland 2! I'm definitely going to be upgrading my contribution as my finances allow. I've been dying for a proper Fallout game (FO3 is a piece of shit which deserves to be destroyed) since FO2. Brian Fargo, please save us from horrible hybrid FPSRPGs!

Oh, and War for the Overworld. But I paid for that in 2012, so I guess it doesn't count. Wholesome Dungeon Keeper goodness.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    For the time being, a GW2 expansion (if one is released) and probably content for TSW once they bundle them in packs. No other MMO coming this year so far picks my attention, might look again once they're released.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Year is not over yet, so do not know.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73

At the moment going to continue with TSW, FE and Rift. Will try to get at least one toon to 80 in GW2 (kinda stopped playing it when Rift exp came out).

Firefall will get some $$$ from me, didn't play the betas a lot but really liked the look and feel of the game. Will give Defiance a look, tried to get into beta but I wasn't in US/Europe :(

Probably not getting into any new Fantasy MMOs, I'm just over them (was playing WoW for a long time).

As far as non-MMO stuff, I don't even know what's coming this year (well besides Crysis 3). Still got heaps of games I picked up @ Steam sales, some like 2 years ago which I didn't touch.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    My wife wants a new bedroom set and I want to upgrade to an 8 bay Synology NAS.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by dave6660
    My wife wants a new bedroom set and I want to upgrade to an 8 bay Synology NAS.

lmao ... new bedroom - new RPGs ^^

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I will probably get Neverwinter, I am a Forgotten realms fan and it actually sounds pretty fun, even if I have some issues with Cryptic in the past. But NW seems at least to have good funding for once.

Besides that there should be a GW2 expansion, I will get that. And maybe something else as well.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Cotinue spending in TERA i'm sure, definitely hoping to pickup Archeage this year and Path of Exile looks nice.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    ARCHEAGE!!!! ES:O and already bought Defiance so waiting for all those and Global Agenda 2 for lobby pvping when that heads to beta this summer!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)