Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB: Reloaded: Celebrating a Year of Top 5 F2P Action

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Reloaded Games has announced that the past year of APB: Reloaded has been a resounding success and that the game still sits in the top five free to play titles on Valve's Steam platform. According to the publisher, APB: Reloaded has stayed in the top five on Steam for the entire year.

“Being a visionary publisher usually means that everyone continually tells you that you won’t succeed, and the run-away global popularity of APB Reloaded is validation that we have found something very special in the free2play space,” said Reloaded Games’ Chief Marketing Officer Rahul Sandil. “Industry pundits decried our decision to secure the rights to All Points Bulletin and make the game free2play. Game critics and non-supporters doomed APB Reloaded to obscurity once we officially launched, yet here we are, a year later, with global sell-through of the retail version in Europe, licensed distribution in Brazil and Russia, and the game remains a top five most-popular downloaded game on Steam.”

Find out more about APB: Reloaded.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

So this is what people play....

Derpy derpies.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

It is a fun game to play with friends when you find some good matches.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I still play it, its not as good as it was in RTW hands but it is pretty close and the fact I can still play is good enough for me :).
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Great fun game without them damn hackers!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    I played the hell out of this game before it went F2P.  Someday I might return.  Guess I have nothing to lose, but time.  Ah time, that's the problem.
  • MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

They have been releasing a decent amount of new content, like car surfing, joker tickets, and four new contacts. They also showed off the long fabled asylum map and let us play it on haloween. I enjoy the game but I get why people complain about hackers so much. There isn't a lot of them but it is a high intensity PvP game and people are prone to rage and hackusate everyone. Hackers exist, but not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. They exist in all games, especially f2p ones. If people don't complain about hackers then they will acuse people of paying to win, which is impossible when the best weapons are ones you unlock through playing and modify yourself.

If you haven't tried it, I suggest doing it for the character editor alone. You can make almost any character you could imagine and design almost any piece of clothing. I really wish more games allowed us such deep levels of character customization. To think I used to get excited when I saw sliders on a character editor, now I am lefting thinking "is that all?"

If you don't like PvP, I suggest skipping the game and saving yourself the trouble. I really think you would be wasting your time. It is a fast paced multiplayer shooter set in two big districts or two fight clubs. There is no PvE to be had and I can understand why some may not like this.

• nilsangawennilsangawen Member Posts: 6
    To bad that is p2w....