Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: All Aboard!

124»

Comments

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

I applied to the Beta with my super-awesome Excellent scores! I'll probably buy the game either way, I've not been disappointed by this studio yet.

It's sort of a risk for them to go MMO. If they fail, people will remember it and it will affect sales all across the board.

I still hope my faith is well-placed, as I don't need another studio to hate, such as Funcom (who I want gone).

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Rawiz

I applied to the Beta with my super-awesome Excellent scores! I'll probably buy the game either way, I've not been disappointed by this studio yet.

It's sort of a risk for them to go MMO. If they fail, people will remember it and it will affect sales all across the board.

I still hope my faith is well-placed, as I don't need another studio to hate, such as Funcom (who I want gone).

Niether have I but then again that might be because Zenimax Online has yet to release a single game. TESO will be their first. This isn't Bethesda Game Studios making this. They have little to nothing to do with it.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by SlyLoK
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by FistyMayhem
    I really like TES.. if they can keep the free roam sandbox type feel I'll be happy.  I also hope they can keep player housing, I enjoy it in TES games and Fallout 3.  I was looking forward to it in GW2 and they kinda dropped the ball on it.

No player housing (It's too hard, acc to the devs), faction locked races, and race/faction locked 2/3 of the game world. All of that will be in TESO and was not in any of the ES SPGs. That is why many ES SPG fans are among the biggest critics of what is being done with TESO.

Do the SP TES games have a large majority of Tamriel world there for the players to explore? Nope. Thats why I dont care. And faction locked races is done to keep some balance. Is it perfect? No but its there and its going to keep it more fair for all players.

I never experienced not being able to go anywhere based on race or faction in any ES game. Also, as been mentioned many times before ES games are at their core about choice: playing the way you want to. With race/class locked factions and faction locked areas, there are fewer choices, and intentionally designed that way. Oh, and lots of other stuff not in there because the devs say: "It's too hard." Yeah.........

So, we'll be locked out from most of the game world? That alone is a game killer for me, and unfortunately it's not the only killer. This game has now taken so many bad turns that I won't even sign up for the beta. Also, devs that claims housing is too hard, doesn't put them in a flattering light, quite the opposite. Other "excuses" would have been ok, this one is alone a reason to concern.

Btw, I never get especially hyped over any games. Sometimes interested/curious, yes - not hyped. And when it comes to MMOs, I will never ever again buy at release, unless I've been in a beta, and liked it. And I won't ever buy at a later point, unless a trial have convinced me.

People who get overhyped just because it's a certain name, are not very smart. We all remember the rabid fanboys who "knew" SWTOR would be great, just because it was SW. Unfortunately, that wasn't an exclusive example, we've seen such several times. And we'll see it again. Some people, or actually quite a lot, will never learn from the past, unfortunately.

• PegasusUnicornPegasusUnicorn Member Posts: 1

I am more excited than I was. When I first found out about ESO coming out, two things bothered me, the graphics and the fact that there are no dragons. The graphics actually look better than I thought now that I look at them. The dragons I can live without, I just thought the es dragons were the best in any game i've seen so how could a fantasy game, especially eso leave them out. I understand that lorewise dragons weren't around.

That being said, I commend them for their creative endeavors to create a fantasy without dragons in the game. I bet they come up with some cool monsters/demons.

Is Jeremy Soule making the music? I hope he does, i love his music. The only other skepticism I have is that this game simply won't feel the way I want it to. It's almost as if I am afraid this game wont' be as good as it SHOULD be. 

Elder Scrolls Online, the name itself creates fanboys right when they hear those words. I just hope the game makers understand that this needs to be a masterpiece of an mmo and not just taking wow or even gw2 and sticking an ES modality on it.

• RashmeindRashmeind Member Posts: 18
    He is.  But there is a special key code to get it to play, you have to hit "CTRL" + "TAB" and then do something with pandora.  I'm still deciphering the code, but I know that's where you have to start ;)
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    This MMO has so many things I want but it also doing some thing that make me question if I will like it. I have been MMOing to long to get hyped about any MMO. Proof is in the pudding.
  • DrachdharDrachdhar Member Posts: 1

Was I the only one who enjoyed SW:TOR? Well, up to the endgame anyway. The rich story and dialogue was nice and could be skipped entirely if one did not give a damn... My issues with that game was simply that it was a WoW clone in gameplay pretty much and the endgame, especially pvp, had that pointless Expertise stat. And the pvp endgame was, nonexistent...

Enjoyed WAR as well, despite the low FPS battles and buggyness... Might be because I played with alot of good people though, and the fact that I love the warhammer IP.

As for TESO, I am looking forward to it a great deal, if only to see if it delivers an ES experience with a rich story and fun exploration and then some awesome "AvA"... The cap of 2k players in Cyrodiil is no concern, because they've said that there are many Cyrodiils(many "servers) and that you will return to the same one every time unless you transfer to another. All in all it looks great on paper, lets hope it delivers.